Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

ls1 Trans Am vs 2014 5.0 Coyote

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 01:04 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Hmm...pretty sure I specifically (again) said "a car DESIGNED to work with/around." I'm not talking about cars that had the safety equipment added halfway through the production run. There is no way in hell I would remove every bit of safety equipment from a 4th gen or '94+ Mustang. Door bars, airbags, bumper supports, etc. I don't care if it saves 100lbs, there are too many idiots on the road.
Same **** in 93 four years after bags. No CRUMPLE zones. The crumple zones aren't in conjunction with bags. How did we all survive being 70s 80s Babies growing up without air bags smdh. Continue on with uneducated arguments.
Old 04-20-2014, 01:17 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A lot of people that got into crashes "back in the day" didn't survive. But no crumple zones? The crumple zones and airbags don't work together? One isn't dependent on the other, but they definitely work together in accomplishing a singular goal.
Old 04-20-2014, 01:20 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tell em nathen #yolo #neverplanoncrashingcrew #comeatmetree #fbodyvsguardrail
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A lot of people that got into crashes "back in the day" didn't survive. But no crumple zones? The crumple zones and airbags don't work together? One isn't dependent on the other, but they definitely work together in accomplishing a singular goal.
Remember, you're arguing with a guy who is convinced that superchargers produce boost any time the car is running...even at idle.
Teching In

Originally Posted by adamantium
Tell em nathen #yolo #neverplanoncrashingcrew #comeatmetree #fbodyvsguardrail
Lol
Old 04-20-2014, 01:21 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a cage by itself is far more than bags, crumple zones etc. Thats what all the above mentioned cars need! There is a reason they want you to have a cage at 11.49. They don't say **** about bags do they.
Old 04-20-2014, 01:28 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by Heater
Are they approved, or recommended for street use?
Lol.....most dot drag tires are not recommended for highway use. Try again.
Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
Im glad my 89 came without bags. Ever been hit with one? Lol holy ****! When you're as fast as him and heater and your car Mike a bag isn't gonna do much for you.
They won't matter a bit over 80 mph......not even a little.
Because to get a fcar to 2600 it will be gutted and not comparable to heaters thats why
Heaters car don't have no....well heat/ac right? Cruise? Aftermarket k's are lighter than mine and according to these dumbass' s that makes them more hacked. Removal of hinges/latch for pin on hood like his. It could be very comparable. .....use a lighter 4speed trans too.....small fuel cell. There is lots of room there to get a fcar lighter by his standard.
Originally Posted by z28SSilvest
Sheesh what kinda bolt ons are you using? Full exhaust, intake, tuned, and stock LS1 my car only made 358hp/372tq.
Did you have a ported fast? Ewp? Udp?
The only difference between a 89 fox and a 90 fox are the bags. There is no CRUMPLE zone or structure changes along with the bags. If u knew half what you think you do! Crunple zones are seperate safety measures.
The notch only had 1 air bag from the factory. Wtf did guys like irun14.2 do before the gov told them they had to wear seat belts? He is a dem so I'm assuming he was at a total loss when he got in the car.

Do you guys think the notch is hacked? Fibreglass front bumper support vs steel on the camaro.....no airbags.......tires that don't tread water.....chassis that flexes........sn95/fox brakes......fml on the brakes.

I'll take my camaro brakes and no airbags over fox brakes any day.
Old 04-20-2014, 01:38 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Lol.....most dot drag tires are not recommended for highway use. Try again. They won't matter a bit over 80 mph......not even a little. Heaters car don't have no....well heat/ac right? Cruise? Aftermarket k's are lighter than mine and according to these dumbass' s that makes them more hacked. Removal of hinges/latch for pin on hood like his. It could be very comparable. .....use a lighter 4speed trans too.....small fuel cell. There is lots of room there to get a fcar lighter by his standard. Did you have a ported fast? Ewp? Udp? The notch only had 1 air bag from the factory. Wtf did guys like irun14.2 do before the gov told them they had to wear seat belts? He is a dem so I'm assuming he was at a total loss when he got in the car. Do you guys think the notch is hacked? Fibreglass front bumper support vs steel on the camaro.....no airbags.......tires that don't tread water.....chassis that flexes........sn95/fox brakes......fml on the brakes. I'll take my camaro brakes and no airbags over fox brakes any day.
No ported fast. Unless I was running nitrous, I would think a fast would be overkill for stock ls1 heads and cam. Nothing was ported and no under drive pulley. Isnt the under drive pulley and ported Tb & fast only good for like 15hp?
Old 04-20-2014, 01:44 PM
Banned

No ported fast. Unless I was running nitrous, I would think a fast would be overkill for stock ls1 heads and cam. Nothing was ported and no under drive pulley. Isnt the under drive pulley and ported Tb & fast only good for like 15hp?
Plus a light weight twin disc rotational weight off the drivetrain frees power aswell, notch's car dynod 340 or 350 (i dont remember) with stock manifolds and no tune and no fast or bigger TB.
Old 04-20-2014, 01:45 PM
***Repost Police***

a cage by itself is far more than bags, crumple zones etc. Thats what all the above mentioned cars need! There is a reason they want you to have a cage at 11.49. They don't say **** about bags do they.
A cage works very well in high speed impacts, when teamed w/ the right seat/belts. Are you really arguing with me about low-moderate speed safety equipment vs. rollcages?

The notch only had 1 air bag from the factory. Wtf did guys like irun14.2 do before the gov told them they had to wear seat belts? He is a dem so I'm assuming he was at a total loss when he got in the car.

Oh Doug.
Old 04-20-2014, 01:56 PM
On The Tree

Lol.....most dot drag tires are not recommended for highway use. Try again.

They won't matter a bit over 80 mph......not even a little.
Nice deflection from the fact that you cry about D.O.T tires that you say aren't street tires, yet you have your street tires mounted on rims that the company that makes them tells you not to use on the street because they are too soft and could bend and fail just by hitting a pot hole.

Heaters car don't have no....well heat/ac right? Cruise? Aftermarket k's are lighter than mine and according to these dumbass' s that makes them more hacked. Removal of hinges/latch for pin on hood like his. It could be very comparable. .....use a lighter 4speed trans too.....small fuel cell. There is lots of room there to get a fcar lighter by his standard.

I am up front and tell anybody that wants to know, that it is a race car, yet my race car is not riddled with holes for weight reduction, has the factory seats, steering wheel and I use old *** rims that are approved for street use.

Face it, your street car has more in common with my race car and has NOTHING in common with my street car, yet my street car is just as fast (actually better E.T).
Old 04-20-2014, 01:59 PM
10 Second Club

Now add that 15 to your 358........it just turned into a stout bolt-on car didn't it..........probably better than alot of cam only cars.
Originally Posted by adamantium
Plus a light weight twin disc rotational weight off the drivetrain frees power aswell, notch's car dynod 340 or 350 (i dont remember) with stock manifolds and no tune and no fast or bigger TB.
I never noticed any hp on a dyno from my clutch. Some say they do but I have not.
A cage works very well in high speed impacts, when teamed w/ the right seat/belts. Are you really arguing with me about low-moderate speed safety equipment vs. rollcages?

Oh Doug.
Your seat belt is your first line of defense in a crash. My wife weighs less than 90lb. The air bag could kill her.

In a 60+ mph crash the air bag is gonna do little to save you. A hit in your door at 60 and your dead......airbag or not.
Old 04-20-2014, 02:02 PM
Banned

I never noticed any hp on a dyno from my clutch. Some say they do but I have not.
Notchs car made about the same as most cookie cutter LS bolt cars make with out headers longtubes or a fast or a tune. I think its pretty evident the clutch freed up some power. Either that or it was a high reading dyno
Old 04-20-2014, 02:05 PM
Teching In

Now add that 15 to your 358........it just turned into a stout bolt-on car didn't it..........probably better than alot of cam only cars.

Your seat belt is your first line of defense in a crash. My wife weighs less than 90lb. The air bag could kill her.

In a 60+ mph crash the air bag is gonna do little to save you. A hit in your door at 60 and your dead......airbag or not.
In a frontal collision at that speed, airbags will most definitely make a difference. Stop trying to justify removing safety equipment, you are wrong.
Old 04-20-2014, 02:06 PM
***Repost Police***

Sometimes the little that they can do at highway speed is enough to save you. Kinda like getting hit by an oncoming car wearing a helmet vs. not wearing a helmet; there wasn't much separating me from death when that happened to me, but because I was wearing a helmet it was 3 weeks in the hospital vs. being buried. Like I said, I'm not eliminating almost every piece of safety equipment on my car just to save 50-100lbs. Not a shot at you or anyone else that does it, just how I see it.

Edit: And airbags still do quite a bit at highway speeds when it comes to slowing the body's rate of deceleration. Even if it's only slowing your head down so you don't pull/break your neck.
Old 04-20-2014, 02:07 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Heater
Nice deflection from the fact that you cry about D.O.T tires that you say aren't street tires, yet you have your street tires mounted on rims that the company that makes them tells you not to use on the street because they are too soft and could bend and fail just by hitting a pot hole.

I am up front and tell anybody that wants to know, that it is a race car, yet my race car is not riddled with holes for weight reduction, has the factory seats, steering wheel and I use old *** rims that are approved for street use.

Face it, your street car has more in common with my race car and has NOTHING in common with my street car, yet my street car is just as fast (actually better E.T).
Those wheels don't stop it from goin anywhere at anytime. But those bias tires sure would.....hell the et streets radials on the notch stops it from goin in the rain. And they are better than your bias tire in the rain.

Let's see. My camaro has everything it came with except fog lights and airbags. Ran its time on a very driveable tire n/a vs your bias tire on your blower swapped cobro. At this point you should just be happy we're not close enough to run.
Old 04-20-2014, 02:10 PM
***Repost Police***

Seriously, if you have more than 1 car...who care how it drives in the rain? If I had a comfortable DD and a fast car as well, I'd just take the DD if the weather was sketchy. Just because you don't do it, doesn't mean it isn't fairly normal.
Old 04-20-2014, 02:11 PM
10 Second Club

Those wheels don't stop it from goin anywhere at anytime. But those bias tires sure would.....hell the et streets radials on the notch stops it from goin in the rain. And they are better than your bias tire in the rain.

Let's see. My camaro has everything it came with except fog lights and airbags. Ran its time on a very driveable tire n/a vs your bias tire on your blower swapped cobro. At this point you should just be happy we're not close enough to run.
I know right?

Save you embarrassment of getting beat by a Cobro I'm sure your ego couldn't take that.....
Old 04-20-2014, 02:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Lawhead
I know right?

Save you embarrassment of getting beat by a Cobro I'm sure your ego couldn't take that.....
Dude! Seriously, stop defending our country and come back so I can see the progress on the build!
Old 04-20-2014, 02:16 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Gt4urass
Dude! Seriously, stop defending our country and come back so I can see the progress on the build!
What build

Quick Reply: ls1 Trans Am vs 2014 5.0 Coyote