Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Epic SRK B/S thread of 2019

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 12:14 PM
Banned

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Here's a h/c fox not as fast as you sxc. Dude don't race....only yakks. Probably make a decent English teacher tho. Although like other furd guys he's done a **** job of backing up the English he spews.

All that and nothing about you own junk.

I like mustangs fine. It the retarded owners that ruin it.

Can't say it would be that hard to do. Anyone that makes 900+ whp and can't get out of the 10s certainly isn't at the top of his game.
Mustang owners ruin it? That could be said for any car fan base, nerd. LOL sell your fox you dont deserve a Ford.
Old 07-16-2019, 12:20 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Can anyone (of you fine gentlemen) post up any result at all, back to 1997 that shows any manufacturer at all - run faster than an 8.6 @ 164? Really curious

Serious question - just has to be apples to apples since i'm trying to see how the current (18+ little coyote stacks up 1997-2019) - stock engine, stock transmission and stock converter but no timing chains, rod bolts or any changes to the factory longblock. Can it be beat?
Old 07-16-2019, 12:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
What data can I grace you with? My own car hasn't seen the track yet as a CAI/Tune,resonator delete and anti hop kit for the track (which will be soon), as I stated before. Just adding up some miles before I pull any trigger on any power adder just, so with that being said lets bench race, what 11.5's at 120-121 maybe? Nothing to brag about yet but until it runs an 9 or even an 8 I haven't stated anything contrary.

Funny you mention that the 7.1 sec truck with ARP rod bolts, re gaped rings - (stated in the article) and I'm only guessing here but it just may have had a new timing chain and sprocket but maybe it's the OE 100k part, it doesn't mention) you're ok counting that as factory, correct?

Only reason I ask - you called out Evolution's 2019 8.7 stock motor since it had chains and sprockets, and I agreed, rightfully - We agree there -

You see no issue with the 7 sec truck shortblock being touched though? Serious question.
So it sounds like they had stuff done. Except one was 1.5 sec slower.

Actually any time you change cam timing in a 5br0 it's internally modded. If you want to get hard core on internal mods lets do it. But the rules are the same for all.

If you have the know how/tools to pull your engine apart and change ring gaps then it certainly opens up the ls/lt to having a distinct advantage in power production.

Now......it's not that neither engine isn't capable of producing good power with a power adder. After all the power adder is what's making the power. So the next issue is controlling and using the power. As i have heard many times the tq of the ls/lt is hard to control.....tq is the power. Many times they pull power and pull power to keep it controlled. The problem is that takes time. And time is what's being raced.

Personally i think the transmissions, chassis and pcm to manage power are the key more so than power. There are numerous engines that have been able to make as much or more power than a coyotah or ls for a very very long time.
Old 07-16-2019, 12:38 PM
Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

“You make you 120k+ yet”

wtf are you talking about Hio?? Miles? Money? Idk. Poppa went low 11s. End of story.
Old 07-16-2019, 12:39 PM

So it sounds like they had stuff done. Except one was 1.5 sec slower.

Actually any time you change cam timing in a 5br0 it's internally modded. If you want to get hard core on internal mods lets do it. But the rules are the same for all.

If you have the know how/tools to pull your engine apart and change ring gaps then it certainly opens up the ls/lt to having a distinct advantage in power production.

Now......it's not that neither engine isn't capable of producing good power with a power adder. After all the power adder is what's making the power. So the next issue is controlling and using the power. As i have heard many times the tq of the ls/lt is hard to control.....tq is the power. Many times they pull power and pull power to keep it controlled. The problem is that takes time. And time is what's being raced.

Personally i think the transmissions, chassis and pcm to manage power are the key more so than power. There are numerous engines that have been able to make as much or more power than a coyotah or ls for a very very long time.
I'm interested in finding the quickest (et) and fastest (trap) factory engine/trans for the car platform (no engine swaps) that has run down the 1320 -

I never even looked into other cars a coyote has been swapped into, no idea. Let's look at how far you can go with factory hardware from 1997-2019 see if by any slim margin or error it could be a Coyote. I'm curious and you're well versed in what's out there.
Old 07-16-2019, 01:01 PM

Hio, look into this

The Fox vid you posted 7.9 a 173 is an impressive stock shortblock example of what the LS is capable of in one of the lightest chassis in existence - and looks legit

You posted it because it’s impressive at what 2900lbs? Maybe less?

Then a 3700-3800 lb factory engine/ trans/ converter car runs runs 8.6 @ 164.

Love to see what that 18 would run dropping 800lbs

Old 07-16-2019, 01:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
TJ I think went mid 11s but I am not sure if he had oil pump gears
impress. was that car gutted?

Originally Posted by WisT02ws6
My coyote went 12.0@118 with no cats, Boss manifold and E85 tune on some 18 inch Sumitomos.

Coyote cant compeet I guess.
can compeet in dreams tho

You're about .5 off sxc i think.
gaped!

Originally Posted by BlkMach1
“You make you 120k+ yet”

wtf are you talking about Hio?? Miles? Money? Idk. Poppa went low 11s. End of story.
Poppa fosho went low 11s but not in a bolt on coyotard
Old 07-16-2019, 01:20 PM
Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

Only cuz it doesn’t fit your narrative lmao.
Old 07-16-2019, 01:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

I was wrong. I do not think he went 11s(TJ) on motor with bolt ons. Never seen a bro not gutted here in Florida hit mid 11s n/a bolt ons
Old 07-16-2019, 02:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts

So changing cam timing is an internal modification, but rocker arms are considered a bolt on?
Old 07-16-2019, 02:17 PM

I was wrong. I do not think he went 11s(TJ) on motor with bolt ons. Never seen a bro not gutted here in Florida hit mid 11s n/a bolt ons

I have not even ordered long tubes yet since Hellion Sleeper kit uses factory manifolds and I don't want to waste time and money doing it twice but some days I really lean towards N/A on 93, not even E85 to see what's possible (before having to invest real money into it).

IDK, Nobody really pushes them N/A and well aware they won't turn LT times N/A, not a debate but it'd be pretty cool to know.
Old 07-16-2019, 02:22 PM
9 Second Club

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by sxc Z28
can compeet in dreams tho

gaped!
No way I could compeet. Our mod list is so similar:

SXC:
Yank ss3600
Kooks 1 7/8'' LTs
Kooks X
Kooks 3'' TDs back to quad tips
Chris1313 ram air w/ AC version
FTP 98mm lid
Truck MAF
Home-ported stock TB
Plugs & wires
Lingenfelter 180 degree t-stat
Richmond 3:73s
Mike Norris tune
BMR suspension
Aluminum driveshaft
TA girdle
Poly motor mounts
New brakes/rotors
Nitto G2 summer tires
Mamo ATI balancer
Meziere EWP
Turn One p/s pump
Short serpentine belt
Trick Flow steam vent kit
PA Racing tubular k-member
PA Racing a-arms
Viking Performance coil overs
Bigs & littles
B&M trans cooler

Coyotard:
No cats
Boss Manifold
E85 Tune

Very big win!
Old 07-16-2019, 02:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by JC316
So changing cam timing is an internal modification, but rocker arms are considered a bolt on?
Interesting point, why are oil pump gears (I assume that what "opgs" are) not considered a bolt on but rockers are.

Not a question for you, but to put it in the words of our resident dancing queen- I want to hear how some dumbass is going to justify this bs.
Old 07-16-2019, 02:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by BlkMach1
“You make you 120k+ yet”

Miles

Poppa went fasser in his lt to. As several others has in here.

I'm interested in finding the quickest (et) and fastest (trap) factory engine/trans for the car platform (no engine swaps) that has run down the 1320 -

I never even looked into other cars a coyote has been swapped into, no idea. Let's look at how far you can go with factory hardware from 1997-2019 see if by any slim margin or error it could be a Coyote. I'm curious and you're well versed in what's out there.
It's really weird.....pretty much erry coyotah swap that i have seen in a legit street car is way slower than my Camaro.

Hio, look into this

The Fox vid you posted 7.9 a 173 is an impressive stock shortblock example of what the LS is capable of in one of the lightest chassis in existence - and looks legit

You posted it because it’s impressive at what 2900lbs? Maybe less?

Then a 3700-3800 lb factory engine/ trans/ converter car runs runs 8.6 @ 164.

Love to see what that 18 would run dropping 800lbs
Personally as with most all 5br0s they're probably full of ****. They've been busted alot on the claims they make. We've all seen it.

Watch out.....you get to calling a fox light in here and you'll ruffle some feathers.

As i have said like a gazillion times before.....just because they haven't don't mean they can't.

I'm just waiting for you to run 8s jay. Kinda crazy you haven't ran yours yet but said it runs mid 11s @120. I thought you were better than that mang.

Ive never seen a 5br0 get anywhere near low 11s and the car be what they said it was.

Originally Posted by JC316
Rockers have been a bolt on since atleast the 80s.....for all of the big three.

Btw....if you think you're calling me out here you're not. You simply look stupid once again for not ever once calling out the 5br0s for internal mods.
Old 07-16-2019, 02:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by snake95
Bro, what's your address. I have an old keyboard here that has a comma key and a period key that works 100% of the time. Free for someone who has as much difficulty as you do.

Have you shown the therapist where on the doll the Mustang touched you?

Guy bro dude 5.0s hurt my feels I mean I can't explain why should I have to they're my feelings and I can be upset about whatever cars I want get off my back English is only important in classrooms that ****'s overrated someone send me aloe Vera for the burn the 5.0s left me with
Step back folks she's a leaking today man this lady......
Old 07-16-2019, 02:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

I have not even ordered long tubes yet since Hellion Sleeper kit uses factory manifolds and I don't want to waste time and money doing it twice but some days I really lean towards N/A on 93, not even E85 to see what's possible (before having to invest real money into it).

IDK, Nobody really pushes them N/A and well aware they won't turn LT times N/A, not a debate but it'd be pretty cool to know.

I think the newer S550 autos can do it w bolt ons. Seen a few run mid 12s stock
Old 07-16-2019, 02:37 PM
Teching In

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Chris25 wants to give Snake dick kisses I think.
Old 07-16-2019, 02:47 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by NoEngineNawledge
Chris25 wants to give Snake dick kisses I think.
Looks like someone swiped right on snakes profile today....tell us how u really feel miss.
Old 07-16-2019, 02:50 PM
TECH Resident

I think the newer S550 autos can do it w bolt ons. Seen a few run mid 12s stock
I got a few friends full bolt on e85 and they are no slouch for sure weight reduction really wakes em up to just like the 6th gen.
Old 07-16-2019, 03:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts

Rockers have been a bolt on since atleast the 80s.....for all of the big three.

Btw....if you think you're calling me out here you're not. You simply look stupid once again for not ever once calling out the 5br0s for internal mods.
According to who? The bolt on fast list here doesn't allow them. Oh I'm 100% calling you out on your hypocritical bullshit.

Quick Reply: Epic SRK B/S thread of 2019