Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Epic SRK B/S thread of 2019

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 06:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 413 Likes on 331 Posts

Originally Posted by 2010CamaroS
394rwhp and 343 rwtrq, GPI cam SS3 VVT just a 228 cam, LTH cats then straight pipes all the way out, 4k none lock up stall, 3.91 gears, CAI, DoD delete and tune. Car feels like an animal and shakes while idling I love it.
That's pretty sad

They are a drivers race for sure, cman can attest to that.
Not that i have seen

I thought cman never lost a race to ls1 fbomb in his mach1?
Can't say I've seen a ls1 loose to a mach. I have vid of a modded mach getting walked all over with phils 2012 5gen. That same 5gen raced nathan bone stock camaro and beat it to. But no where near the gap it had on the mach.

Originally Posted by assasinator
deburred, that block easily handles 1500rwhp. and it's light. i threw mine under one arm. i dont care what mehovitz does to his. what we do to ours is almost nothing. good gaskets, good studs and deburr it. factory heads, factory block, factory crank, and say factory 04 cobra pistons/rods. all ford factory modular. cheap and easy. 1000-1300rwhp.

my block and heads were 165.00.
Nothing gm guys haven't been doing for a long time.....except no need to piece together.

Besides there's no doubt not alot of drop out termi parts. They had manley rods from the factory. Pistons were pretty well known not to go past 800whp. Which is pretty good. Most would upgrade to cp pistons like I did mine.
Old 05-08-2019, 06:19 PM
Teching In

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Lol as usual Doug thinks my numbers are sad even though he has no clue what he is talking about. I guess running 12.5 @111mph was bad for 349rwhp in my 5th gen camaro SS too huh? This is why dyno numbers don't mean anything except to hio
Old 05-08-2019, 06:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver

So you hand pucked some vids of modded machs vs nearly stock or beat down ls1 cars.

Do you think the people that actually owned these cars when they were in good running condition and nearly new would know how running a mach would go down??

Or do you think your bs search knows more?
Nothing hand picked about it, every video on youtube has them running really damned close. 1st video is H pipe only vs stock. 2nd video is bolt on vs bolt on. 3rd video is unknown vs unknown. 4th video is exhaust vs exhaust. They're pretty damned equal. Videos don't lie Doug, but car guys do, so yes, I will take video evidence over the word of heavily biased GM owners.

Here is a more modded WS6 running pretty much dead even with the Mach. Passenger was the difference.
Old 05-08-2019, 06:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Lol as usual Doug thinks my numbers are sad even though he has no clue what he is talking about. I guess running 12.5 @111mph was bad for 349rwhp in my 5th gen camaro SS too huh? This is why dyno numbers don't mean anything except to hio
Why did you go with a non lockup stall?

thats dropping your numbers by at least 30rwhp. At least it does on the 6g
Old 05-08-2019, 06:45 PM
Teching In

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
That's impressive with a 3.73 gear. 1.5 60ft is leaving pretty hard. What rpm were you leaving at?
Was that a T45 or 3650 transmission?
5000+ rpm, t45, last year for that trans
Old 05-08-2019, 06:47 PM
Teching In

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris25
Whats a state radigraphic test lol
A test for a promotion to make more money, essentially.
Old 05-08-2019, 06:50 PM
Teching In

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts

Ever dyno it?
It made 302 rwhp and 322 rwtq , had a 2004 mercury maruader engine in it. Paul's high-performance dyno'd it for me.
Old 05-08-2019, 06:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Chris25
Yah I was just giving him a hard time Im sure he spelled it wrong. I think you have to take a state test for industrial radiography like working in an airport or truck weight station.
Industrial radiography. Non-destructive testing is what I do.
Old 05-08-2019, 07:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1

I thought I had selected the triple disc so it was by mistake oh well. Track times will matter. Once I get more money and go nitrous I'll switch to a triple disc and sell this stall.

edit: yes you're correct its dropping my house number by a lot as well. Tuner said with a locked stall I'd would have dynoed into the 400+ range easily (low 400s not mid) but again it's just a dyno number.
Old 05-08-2019, 07:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by big hammer
Fastest stock Mach 1– 13.0

fadtest Stock camero— 12.6
Lol maybe a fat gen but not a ls1 camaro
Old 05-08-2019, 07:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

I thought I had selected the triple disc so it was by mistake oh well. Track times will matter. Once I get more money and go nitrous I'll switch to a triple disc and sell this stall.

edit: yes you're correct its dropping my house number by a lot as well. Tuner said with a locked stall I'd would have dynoed into the 400+ range easily (low 400s not mid) but again it's just a dyno number.
Its gonna kill your trap and hurt your et a little bit. Good luck

why didn’t you have Ryan spec you a converter to match your cam ?
Old 05-08-2019, 07:28 PM
Teching In

Thanks man I'm sure it'll run what I want it to. Mid 7s is what I want with this set up in the 8th
Old 05-08-2019, 07:31 PM
10 Second Club

What tq did the l99 make?

L99 could make the power you made with no cam......and more tq.

Anything you do is bad. But you didn't do anything to the Camaro till now. Of which you didn't do that.....you no doubt paid someone. Which is fine......but it don't back up dat mouf you run.

Dyno is a tool. It spits out numbers. Track is also a tool.....it spits out times. You can probably tell by the way my car ran with 417whp that i take them both into consideration.

And you only ran your car once last year. I thought you were some great racer......guess i was wrong about you.

Originally Posted by JC316
Nothing hand picked about it, every video on youtube has them running really damned close. 1st video is H pipe only vs stock. 2nd video is bolt on vs bolt on. 3rd video is unknown vs unknown. 4th video is exhaust vs exhaust. They're pretty damned equal. Videos don't lie Doug, but car guys do, so yes, I will take video evidence over the word of heavily biased GM owners.

Here is a more modded WS6 running pretty much dead even with the Mach. Passenger was the difference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvmYgFh5Xgo
Gotcha.....so you're on a gm site to not believe anyone here. Makes sense if you're a idiot i guess.

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1

Cause mac

Originally Posted by spikestang
It made 302 rwhp and 322 rwtq , had a 2004 mercury maruader engine in it. Paul's high-performance dyno'd it for me.

Cool....just curious.

So it only takes 302 whp 322wtq to 60' in the 1.5s.......crazy

Thanks.....proves exactly what ive been saying.

Gear did more than that cam for you.

Lol maybe a fat gen but not a ls1 camaro
Ls1....fatgen record is like 12.4 i think.
Old 05-08-2019, 07:38 PM
Teching In

302whp stick car on a tire with 5,000rpm clutch drop dead hooking to a 1.5 60ft is 100x more believable than a car with 417whp, 3300lb RW, on an improper tire, and on road race tuned suspension doing a 1.2 60ft.

Actually it’s quite common for 3xxwhp cars on a tire to do 1.5s.
Old 05-08-2019, 08:06 PM
Teching In

What tq did the l99 make?

L99 could make the power you made with no cam......and more tq.

Anything you do is bad. But you didn't do anything to the Camaro till now. Of which you didn't do that.....you no doubt paid someone. Which is fine......but it don't back up dat mouf you run.

Dyno is a tool. It spits out numbers. Track is also a tool.....it spits out times. You can probably tell by the way my car ran with 417whp that i take them both into consideration.

And you only ran your car once last year. I thought you were some great racer......guess i was wrong about you.

Gotcha.....so you're on a gm site to not believe anyone here. Makes sense if you're a idiot i guess.

Cause mac

Cool....just curious.

So it only takes 302 whp 322wtq to 60' in the 1.5s.......crazy

Thanks.....proves exactly what ive been saying.

Gear did more than that cam for you.

Ls1....fatgen record is like 12.4 i think.
Wow so much false info idk where to start.
I have two bolt ons so yea clearly a bolt on L99 can make what I made no ****. Who would of thought more bolt ons would get close to what I make?

I had over 5 runs at the rental alone to your 0 so again that's another lie.
Stall is fine don't care what you think hell if I listen to you if be on my 4th engine with bolt ons with 3 blown engines before it with bolt ons...

Another lie is no stock camaro SS or z28 from the factory ran 12.6 the best was 12.8 and that was either the light weight z28 or the SLP ls1 camaro SS. Also the fastest fat gen stock ran 12.588 so definitely another lie from you again. You clearly still don't understand how dynos work and what the difference between them are. It's ok though your LMS is showing again
Old 05-08-2019, 08:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Correct, because morons like you are so concerned with their brand being the best that they make crap up. Same goes for the Hio's of the Ford sites, I don't believe them either. Videos don't lie.
Old 05-08-2019, 09:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Acceleration is acceleration. My car isn't a drag car. I only go to the track because it's the best way to see the progress of mods.

I didn't say it was recent. Ive had to dump my pm's on here a few times. Maybe it was maybe it wasn't on here but on kik fo sho. And yea.....you to harded to make it go any better. So just like i said you're holding it back. Be in mods or driving.
Yes. Just like a car is a car. Great job for you.

Yea, still got all of them so not on here. Like said kik was basically the same thing. You trying to tell me what to do with my car. Sorry that not everyone taking your advice seems to push a button. You can believe anything you want. Hopefully one day you can understand not everyone wants to be like you. All it takes is a little consideration & not looking like you know everything with everyone's car. Why can this be not said about you? "Your car should be way faster than it is. You're holding it back." As it easily can. Because all of the reason is only for you & the crew?

Just be at peace with your 1.2 60' will always be a lie. And you think my car runs right with a stock ls1 with a couple bolt ons. Fair?

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
LS will pull the Mach one top end. Everytime. Stop being silly.

Rick get back up here and help me take them to Orlando speedway

Lol. We had a great time in Orlando. Hopefully we get up there again soon. I'll let you know if any plans are made.
Old 05-08-2019, 10:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

His experience is a topic. For someone to say and yak about the **** they're hollering they should be doing something rather than nothing.

Good to see i exposed your hypocrisy.
You didn't expose ****

You wanted to but once again simple logic went over your head. Herp derp.
Old 05-08-2019, 10:26 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by NoEngineNawledge
302whp stick car on a tire with 5,000rpm clutch drop dead hooking to a 1.5 60ft is 100x more believable than a car with 417whp, 3300lb RW, on an improper tire, and on road race tuned suspension doing a 1.2 60ft.

Actually it’s quite common for 3xxwhp cars on a tire to do 1.5s.
And you would know this because of all your experience right.......

Wow so much false info idk where to start.
I have two bolt ons so yea clearly a bolt on L99 can make what I made no ****. Who would of thought more bolt ons would get close to what I make?

I had over 5 runs at the rental alone to your 0 so again that's another lie.
Stall is fine don't care what you think hell if I listen to you if be on my 4th engine with bolt ons with 3 blown engines before it with bolt ons...

Another lie is no stock camaro SS or z28 from the factory ran 12.6 the best was 12.8 and that was either the light weight z28 or the SLP ls1 camaro SS. Also the fastest fat gen stock ran 12.588 so definitely another lie from you again. You clearly still don't understand how dynos work and what the difference between them are. It's ok though your LMS is showing again
So you put a cam in before the car was ready and lost massive tq......sounds like something you would do

You only running once does not mean 1 pass at 1 event. It means multiple events dumbass......jesus your dumb. So not a lie.....you're just stupid

I haven't blown 3 engines.....a lie by you.

Your 4gen was a absolute turd.....a troof by me

No lie on the 5gen. I simply didn't remember. But you with your gapped *** would think like that.

There is a vid somewhere of a ls1 4gen going 12.6. Last i checked this was before erryone had a gopro strapped to them. So certainly possible knowing fast furds went 12.8 in the heat.

I certainly understand how dynos work and how everything you have runs like **** if you had anything to do with it.

Originally Posted by JC316
Correct, because morons like you are so concerned with their brand being the best that they make crap up. Same goes for the Hio's of the Ford sites, I don't believe them either. Videos don't lie.
And why should anyone believe your dumbass? Because you think you're the final say?? You're just a punk with a gopro and nothing to show for it.

So the vids don't lie eehh. But people make the vids dumbass. They can and more times than not do lie.

Originally Posted by SoFla01SSLookinstok
Yes. Just like a car is a car. Great job for you.

Yea, still got all of them so not on here. Like said kik was basically the same thing. You trying to tell me what to do with my car. Sorry that not everyone taking your advice seems to push a button. You can believe anything you want. Hopefully one day you can understand not everyone wants to be like you. All it takes is a little consideration & not looking like you know everything with everyone's car. Why can this be not said about you? "Your car should be way faster than it is. You're holding it back." As it easily can. Because all of the reason is only for you & the crew?

Just be at peace with your 1.2 60' will always be a lie. And you think my car runs right with a stock ls1 with a couple bolt ons. Fair?

Lol. We had a great time in Orlando. Hopefully we get up there again soon. I'll let you know if any plans are made.
Please show where the 1.2 isn't real......no one has yet. Just alot of butt hurt about it.

Your car runs about like a decent bolt on ls1. Just how it is.

Just tried to give you some solid advice so you wouldn't be stuck around a 12.0~. But you pm'd me on kik. I couldn't care less about pm'ing you. Believe me....leave that pos alone. That way if i make it to fl I'll gap it in a big way for you. Maybe add some spray so you're not embarrassed to bad.
Old 05-08-2019, 10:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by big hammer
Fastest stock Mach 1– 13.0

fadtest Stock camero— 12.6
Mag went 12.94 with a Mach.

Oops and dang

Quick Reply: Epic SRK B/S thread of 2019