Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Epic SRK B/S thread of 2019

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2019, 06:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 434 Likes on 341 Posts

Zr1 just plain nasty. Wasn't it 140+ mph and only had a gm cai?
Old 06-29-2019, 06:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
What’s the fastest 6gen ZL1? Anyone know for sure

Love A10 ZL1
They are a ton of fun to drive with the a10 I don't know why anyone would buy the manual trans.
Old 06-29-2019, 06:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 434 Likes on 341 Posts

One of your ***** just fell off with that comment.
Old 06-29-2019, 06:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

10 4

Evolutions 18 GT runs now 8.6 @ 159 with the stock engine and 2650 Edelbrock

I wish I had money for a few cars
Nice

NA SBE 5th gens have been 8s
Old 06-29-2019, 07:09 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
One of your ***** just fell off with that comment.
I love rowing gears just as much as the next guy but that a10 trans is just hard to beat.....
Old 06-29-2019, 07:29 PM
Teching In

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
Nice

Lol
Old 06-29-2019, 08:25 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Nice

That may be but it’s going to be gutted, mega stalled solid lifter high rpm and still won’t have a 159 trap speed I’m guessing but I could be wrong, post up a link. That’s a street car with ac and stock motor - if we’re digging into specifics

TSP had a pretty good one IIRC
Old 06-29-2019, 08:35 PM
TECH Resident

That may be but it’s going to be gutted, mega stalled solid lifter high rpm and still won’t have a 159 trap speed I’m guessing but I could be wrong, post up a link. That’s a street car with ac and stock motor - if we’re digging into specifics

Honest question how come the street trim on the bros never match the race day trim just saying.......#guttedlifestyle
Old 06-29-2019, 08:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

Bros are overrated
Old 06-29-2019, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Its tsps car

I think it traps 148-150

i think it’s more impressive to run 8s na SBE than it is to run 8s boosted. Just my opinion
Old 06-29-2019, 09:28 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

I’d rather have a car that can live for more than 1 pass in the 8s.

Interesting that it’s na ls3 record but it claims LS7 heads...

Old 06-29-2019, 10:02 PM

Its tsps car

I think it traps 148-150

i think it’s more impressive to run 8s na SBE than it is to run 8s boosted. Just my opinion
Impressive in some ways I agree since I really love N/A with my old LS7 but the only car in your mention (8’s) is in no way a car you could daily drive like you could a TT Coyote honestly

Everyone is impressed by different things. I’m impressed these days with a car that idles like stock and you never lifted a valve cover and on 93 octane fuel it’ll turn a 140 plus trap then turn it up (boost) on race fuel and trap over 150 still untouched valve covers..

With a family it boils down to Camaro, Challenger or Mustang.

Everyone here should know to get a 6gen to trap 140plus F/I it’ll need a rotating assembly or piston rod set at least and pull the engine then heads and cam and then the blower.

Its all possible

You can also trap 150 in a Hellcat pretty easy as well - to each their own I guess

** I guess for this argument would you prefer your race car to run 8s or rather have your street car run 8s?

Last edited by JayplaySS; 06-29-2019 at 10:10 PM.
Old 06-29-2019, 10:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Impressive in some ways I agree since I really love N/A with my old LS7 but the only car in your mention (8’s) is in no way a car you could daily drive like you could a TT Coyote honestly

Everyone is impressed by different things. I’m impressed these days with a car that idles like stock and you never lifted a valve cover and on 93 octane fuel it’ll turn a 140 plus trap then turn it up (boost) on race fuel and trap over 150 still untouched valve covers..

Everyone here should know to get a 6gen to trap 140plus F/I it’ll need a rotating assembly or piston rod set at least and pull the engine then heads and cam and then the blower.

Its all possible

You can also trap 150 in a Hellcat pretty easy as well - to each their own I guess

** I guess for this argument would you prefer your race car to run 8s or rather have your street car run 8s?
I don't think I would want to run 8s in anything without a cage. Don't care how new it is. Does that disqualify it as a street car?
Old 06-29-2019, 11:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Its all possible

Of course id love to have a daily driver 8 second car. But I’d have to win the lottery to afford the amount of money they have into that car.
Have you taken a look at the full mod list on that car and added it all up?

Putting in some pistons is nothing and costs 800 bucks. The stock rods crank and block are all fine. Pistons aren’t even that bad they just have a tight ring gap.

Why is lifting a valve cover such a big deal? Guess I don’t see the relevance when literally everything else has been done. And if/when that thing goes boom like many of them have we will be lucky to even hear about it

the fueling limitations and cost is the number one issue holding back the lt1 with FI.

Btw... evolutions motor isn’t stock.

“On the front end, Evolution Performance installed billet oil pump gears from Ford Performance and a new chain drive system composed of Ford Performance crank sprocket, heavy-duty primary chain, and primary/secondary tensioners, billet secondary tensioner bracket, and Accufabheavy-duty secondary timing chains to ensure durability with boost.”

https://www.dragzine.com/news/brian-...mance-mustang/

impressive yes. But mustang guys talk about this car like it’s damn near blower only and a tire lol

Last edited by UltraZLS1; 06-29-2019 at 11:31 PM.
Old 06-30-2019, 12:36 AM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by islander033
So it's an LS7...
Old 06-30-2019, 12:48 AM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris25
Honest question how come the street trim on the bros never match the race day trim just saying.......#guttedlifestyle
No one says anything about Ultra gutting the interior when he goes to the track.
Old 06-30-2019, 01:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts

No, it’s not.
I drive my 18 every day and my 9 year old daughter sits back there pretty good - it’s 30% better than the Camaro if I had to put a metric on it - does not even compare to the back seat of a Hellcat Challenger though

Here is Challenger

My brother in law got rid of his modded 16SS just for that reason - we’ll and trans shutter after we changed converter and fluid but the back seat would not fit their new baby in any way form or fashion - car had 8k miles too and he bought a Honda
Head room is worse in the mustang IMO. Challenger is great for sure. I don't think any modern muscle can outdo the 04-06 GTO for back seat comfort. Two normal size humans can fit back there comfortably, you just pay for it in trunk space.
Old 06-30-2019, 02:58 AM

Its tsps car

I think it traps 148-150

You guys call me out in posting ringers and you post this as the standard for a slew of 8 sec N/A LS3’s? I’ll stop there -

Of course id love to have a daily driver 8 second car. But I’d have to win the lottery to afford the amount of money they have into that car.
Have you taken a look at the full mod list on that car and added it all up?

Putting in some pistons is nothing and costs 800 bucks. The stock rods crank and block are all fine. Pistons aren’t even that bad they just have a tight ring gap.

Why is lifting a valve cover such a big deal? Guess I don’t see the relevance when literally everything else has been done. And if/when that thing goes boom like many of them have we will be lucky to even hear about it

the fueling limitations and cost is the number one issue holding back the lt1 with FI.

Btw... evolutions motor isn’t stock.

“On the front end, Evolution Performance installed billet oil pump gears from Ford Performance and a new chain drive system composed of Ford Performance crank sprocket, heavy-duty primary chain, and primary/secondary tensioners, billet secondary tensioner bracket, and Accufabheavy-duty secondary timing chains to ensure durability with boost.”

https://www.dragzine.com/news/brian-...mance-mustang/

impressive yes. But mustang guys talk about this car like it’s damn near blower only and a tire lol
You are correct it has chain and sprocket upgrades and I was following on Instagram and would not agree its stock - though the chains will not affect et or trap they would only help it (maybe) not explode like the 8.9 LS3 did

Honest question for data and comparison sake

I’m thinking of trading my 18 In on any 16-19 SS.

You guys know all the Camaros out there setting records.

Midnights 18 stock motor and stock trans turbo car runs 8.64 @ 164 the last time I even followed it. I didn’t even look for anything recent or faster.

https://www.fordnxt.com/news/turboch...-quarter-mile/

Would one of you fine gents please post a link to the faster 6gen Camaro with a stock motor and stock trans?

Due to piston and fuel issues with LT1 and mods, even if it has a piston swap since Ultra says it’s nothing to do that just post it. I could be wrong, maybe the top turbo stock motor coyotes are getting beat by stock motor turbo Camaros?

Just compare apples to apples and let’s see where this leads for comparison sake.

** Don’t post a ZL1 blowing a trans

Last edited by JayplaySS; 06-30-2019 at 03:06 AM.
Old 06-30-2019, 06:50 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Blown383LS1
No one says anything about Ultra gutting the interior when he goes to the track.
True but my point is he's actually honest about it and post pics of the trim he runs unlike say the steeda car who post pics of a full interior car and passes it off like that's the trim they run in (full interior car). Just saying......
Old 06-30-2019, 06:52 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by islander033
I’d rather have a car that can live for more than 1 pass in the 8s.

https://youtu.be/MbGOq42vXx0

It's an LS3.7

Quick Reply: Epic SRK B/S thread of 2019