Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Tried to race 4 KB Cobra's with MT ET Street DR's on, and they all pussied out!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 02:28 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll race the nova the next time he is out if he wants to...

Its funny though....it seems when ever someone knows they can't beat me they always point to a fully prep'd race car with a hugh big block, 671 blower, nitrous, tubbed, complete fab'd suspension, wing, etc for me to race...almost makes me blush!!!

I like having people get scared and point out the one or two fully built drag cars that come out a couple times a year for me to race...its funny, sad, and very complimentary to me!

I like to street race and think its funny when people have huge rwhp dyno graphs, drag tires, and say they don't race. Of course when the same cars are on the street next to a stock F-body, vette, or whatever else, I bet they get on it to "show em whose boss". It seems to be a matter of loosing face in front of others. I never get it, hell I pick on 9 second bikes when I get bored knowing I will loose!

If any Cobra would like to go with me to a track, I would love it, and not to beat up on them, but just to get some local people out to race for god's sake!

I will bring a video camera with me next time so when I call out people I can post what exactly happens, what is said, what excuse is given by the Cobra (whoops, did I say that)...

SDB
Old 07-10-2006, 02:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im tired of your bs and I know a lot of other people are too. Just come up to halls and hangout not bitch about peoples rides and them not racing. All you do is hop on the internet and bitch about everyone at halls. Well if you know we wont race then stop coming up there asking. Go race your buddy mergy. You two can race all night long.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:41 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SDB
I'll race the nova the next time he is out if he wants to...

Its funny though....it seems when ever someone knows they can't beat me they always point to a fully prep'd race car with a hugh big block, 671 blower, nitrous, tubbed, complete fab'd suspension, wing, etc for me to race...almost makes me blush!!!

I like having people get scared and point out the one or two fully built drag cars that come out a couple times a year for me to race...its funny, sad, and very complimentary to me!

I like to street race and think its funny when people have huge rwhp dyno graphs, drag tires, and say they don't race. Of course when the same cars are on the street next to a stock F-body, vette, or whatever else, I bet they get on it to "show em whose boss". It seems to be a matter of loosing face in front of others. I never get it, hell I pick on 9 second bikes when I get bored knowing I will loose!

If any Cobra would like to go with me to a track, I would love it, and not to beat up on them, but just to get some local people out to race for god's sake!

I will bring a video camera with me next time so when I call out people I can post what exactly happens, what is said, what excuse is given by the Cobra (whoops, did I say that)...

SDB
The nova probably wont even waste his gas on you. I know I wouldnt. Its funny how you know someone will beat you so you go ask the cars to race that you know wont beat you....

You go looking around picking and choosing your races. Then you post when they wont race. You knew last year no one would race. You knew the year before. We are all getting tired of it. NO ONE will race. Now with that said SHUT UP and come to halls. We dont mind hearing about cars and what they have in them. Thats why we are there. Hell I would listen and appreciate news and info about your car but we cant. All we here is my cars fast wanna race. The same bs comes out night after night after night. Its like a broke record anymore. You are ruining halls for all of us. I want to come hangout with friends and the minute you pull in everyone's like oh god here we go. Why do they say that because they know that your going to talk a bunch of **** and then they are going to be the next blown up bs topic on ls1tech. Get a life.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:42 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

SDB - You're coming off like a jackass here...just so you know.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BoOsTeDeAgLe
SDB, It must suck having a street car that fast, when's the last time you got a decent race while driving around?

Sparetire, congrats on the T/A when did you get it, and did ya sell the dsm?
Im sorry I think you got me confused for someone else Its kinda a wierd though cause I used to have a 1992 GS-T. Where are you originally from? I live in Sioux City IA.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:12 PM
TECH Resident

You got that right. Most mustangs are a joke. They are cheap to make run decent but will never take a modified LS1.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:32 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BWH2003
Im tired of your bs and I know a lot of other people are too. J[B]ust come up to halls and hangout not bitch about peoples rides and them not racing. All you do is hop on the internet and bitch about everyone at halls. Well if you know we wont race then stop coming up there asking. Go race your buddy mergy. You two can race all night long.

SDB, you do sound kinda cocky unless you are trying to get a race from these guys. BWH, you called this man a liar, and how he just runs his mouth. NOW you want him to just come and hang out. If you know someone that will race SDB, give them a call and shut him up. IF NOT, then you are way out of line partner. In the first posts you gave you came off real hard on him, and now it looks like you're getting soft. Back your stuff up and get someone to give SDB what he is looking for... A Good Race!!!
Old 07-10-2006, 03:33 PM
Teching In

This SDB guy is ******* halarious. IM getting a kick out of this. Damn this guy must be superman or something. hahahahahah I bet the fastest car in the universe couldnt take him. Fords always loose and Bowties always win, gah everyone knows that. If you dont then where have you been. GAH!!!!
Old 07-10-2006, 03:36 PM
Teching In

nope, and they could never take a modified LS1. That would be a freaking miracle! If someone hears of a mustang beating a LS1 please let me know because I dont really think it could happen
Old 07-10-2006, 04:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

As far as fords making stroker type power with 1/2 the cubes, why is it a 500 rwhp Cobra will loose to a 400 NA hp F-body every time!!!!

The supercharged Cobra's make peaky HP, are heavy, and take lots of power to make them a threat on the street. I know there are some fast ones out there, but MANY have 500+rwhp and run in the 11's...I have seen them in person.

SDB
SDB - This thread is funny... To let you know, PEAKY #'s are for building boost late (aka turbo)... Maybe you don't know a bunch about roots blown motors but boost is pretty much instant. Lot's of low end torque, nice smooth power band.. 375 rwhp at 3500rpm, 420 rwhp at 4500 rpm, 470rwhp at 6000 rpm... doesn't sound peaky to me.. Peaky is a HUGED cammed ls1.

My car is by no means a MONSTER, but I can definetly hold my own against heads/cam ls1's, boosted ls1's, cammed z06's, etc etc... All the cobra needs is a diet, pulley, tune and cooling mods... Works for me..

Just for you info SDB, this thread does make you look like a jackass EVEN if I still owned my ws6... Lemme heard what your car has to offer, and what it runs... Maybe the KB guy's thought if wasn't worth it when you ask to run and they ask your mods and you probably said, "little cam, thats it"..

I would be glad if I was you, otherwise you probably would have gotten spanked... just my .02

Last edited by Vcious04; 07-10-2006 at 04:09 PM.
Old 07-10-2006, 04:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 95blowncobra
This SDB guy is ******* halarious. IM getting a kick out of this. Damn this guy must be superman or something. hahahahahah I bet the fastest car in the universe couldnt take him. Fords always loose and Bowties always win, gah everyone knows that. If you dont then where have you been. GAH!!!!
I spent 5 minutes reading this thread and relized and want my 5 minutes back...
Old 07-10-2006, 04:17 PM
11 Second Club

SDB you've done it again!! but hey look at this way," When you **** in someones Cheerios you should expect **** on your Cornflakes". I must add this to one and all....I HAVE NEVER SEEN HIM BACK DOWN from any race asked of him.
Old 07-10-2006, 04:35 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am trying to be a jackass to get these guys to race!!!! I am not actually "hating" on Cobra's, just trying to get these clowns to run (more than their mouth)...and yes, I was going up and asking people to race at a local hangout....god forbid! I actually thought that several 03/04 KB blown Cobra's with drag radials on, with hoods popped, and in a local spot for street racing/cruising would actually want to race....silly me...what was I thinking.... ...How dumb must I be to think that people put time and money into their cars to actually go out and race...I guess they all just have big dyno numbers and race tires on for show Now I know better...I will never ever ask anyone to race again, because its bad and hurts peoples feelings Bad SDB, bad bad bad,,,,just cruise around and don't ever give it full throttle next to someone, you might make their tampon fall out

I pick on all cars that I think are fast and would be a good race, the only races I turn down are when some idiot with a 14 or 13 second car from out of town comes up and I don't want to risk a ticket...

I will race the Nova if he wants to, but I doubt he would since it is a full out race car and I imagine it would be a real handful on the street, and it is in a whole other league than my street car...(again, funny that people bring this up...me racing a drag car when they can't seem to find a street car for me to race!!!!!)

I will bring a video camera to record how I ask people to race and their responses to show the "internet community" how things are...just for fun and to clear things up.

I was trying to get a 480+rwhp KB Cobra to run a STOCK 2002 Z06 with shitty Kumo tires and a roll cage and stiff suspension (road race car with no power mods at all). The Cobra declined to race his 480+rwhp car against a 363 rwhp vette...I thought that was funny as well.

The people that are upset with me are the ones with cars that hang out and will race people on a roll, or when out cruising, but are too afraid to actually line up!

I know/like some of these Cobra guys and am giving them a hard time!!!

BUT I WILL SAY THIS AGAIN....I have never backed down from a race against a fast car...period. I will further go on to say that I will race any of these KB Cobras that were out last weekend on a kick, or from a dead stop, and I will take my bottle out of my car and run NA only. Can't get much more fair than that! For fun or money...makes me no difference.

But I know none of these guys will race me so I will just let it end.

Long live LS1's....is that still politically correct to say on a LS1tech site, or not?

Love, SDB
Old 07-10-2006, 04:52 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SDB
Now I know better...I will never ever ask anyone to race again, because its bad and hurts peoples feelings...

LMAO...
Old 07-10-2006, 05:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by spare tire
Im sorry I think you got me confused for someone else Its kinda a wierd though cause I used to have a 1992 GS-T. Where are you originally from? I live in Sioux City IA.

Yeah, there's a guy on here with the same username but no space (sparetire), he posts a lot in this section.

BTW, good color choice, that color is sweet.
Old 07-10-2006, 05:32 PM
TECH Regular

SBD is hilarious, I am finding myself agreeing with him. Race him or shut up. The guy wants to race. You don't want to fine. But don't bitch about him wanting to race and everybody turns him down. He was making a point. His point was on ls1tech, what did you think he would've posted?
Old 07-10-2006, 05:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SDB
Got my car up to the spot, called out 4 KB 03/04 Cobra's (ranging from 480 rwhp to about 600 rwhp)....all had 17in. MT ET Stret radials with lots of armorall! They all said no. I laughed and told them they better get out their dyno sheets and have a real race then. 03/04 Cobras are the Supra's of the new age! Lots of peak rwhp, lots of dyno paper...not much for actually racing from a dig. Of course they all know of the low 10 second "nearly stock" Cobra's out there, while they all have 11 second 500-600 rwhp cars!

Tried to find some bikes, but couldn't get lined up with any. Tried to get some other cars to run, but no one was game.

New tires seem to work great though (M&H Racemasters, 325-45-17), they dead hook at 25 mph on a warm night with a full tank of gas (off the bottle).
Uh...what car were you in?? Becaused based on your sig I wouldn't be trying to pick races with 600hp cars...let alone bikes.
Old 07-10-2006, 05:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by CTSVSL65AMG
Uh...what car were you in?? Becaused based on your sig I wouldn't be trying to pick races with 600hp cars...let alone bikes.
His Camaro is a 382 car on the bottle. Apparently runs 10s on motor. It's got enough.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:02 PM
11 Second Club

[QUOTE=CTSVSL65AMG]Uh...what car were you in?? Becaused based on your sig I wouldn't be trying to pick races with 600hp cars...let alone bikes.

He did/does pick on them and does quite well....has done it for many years with many kills as well. Signatures don't mean anything if you don't list everything in them...correct ???
Old 07-10-2006, 06:06 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by MTN_Z
His Camaro is a 382 car on the bottle. Apparently runs 10s on motor. It's got enough.

but only if his wife is driving Just some fun at you.