Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Tried to race 4 KB Cobra's with MT ET Street DR's on, and they all pussied out!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 01:16 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Tried to race 4 KB Cobra's with MT ET Street DR's on, and they all pussied out!

Got my car up to the spot, called out 4 KB 03/04 Cobra's (ranging from 480 rwhp to about 600 rwhp)....all had 17in. MT ET Stret radials with lots of armorall! They all said no. I laughed and told them they better get out their dyno sheets and have a real race then. 03/04 Cobras are the Supra's of the new age! Lots of peak rwhp, lots of dyno paper...not much for actually racing from a dig. Of course they all know of the low 10 second "nearly stock" Cobra's out there, while they all have 11 second 500-600 rwhp cars!

Tried to find some bikes, but couldn't get lined up with any. Tried to get some other cars to run, but no one was game.

New tires seem to work great though (M&H Racemasters, 325-45-17), they dead hook at 25 mph on a warm night with a full tank of gas (off the bottle).
Old 07-09-2006, 01:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SDB
Got my car up to the spot, called out 4 KB 03/04 Cobra's (ranging from 480 rwhp to about 600 rwhp)....all had 17in. MT ET Stret radials with lots of armorall! They all said no. I laughed and told them they better get out their dyno sheets and have a real race then. 03/04 Cobras are the Supra's of the new age! Lots of peak rwhp, lots of dyno paper...not much for actually racing from a dig. Of course they all know of the low 10 second "nearly stock" Cobra's out there, while they all have 11 second 500-600 rwhp cars!

Tried to find some bikes, but couldn't get lined up with any. Tried to get some other cars to run, but no one was game.

New tires seem to work great though (M&H Racemasters, 325-45-17), they dead hook at 25 mph on a warm night with a full tank of gas (off the bottle).
u know, there only 11 second cars beacuse of the driver, most KB cobras are in the 10s. i would also show some respect to the fact that their poweradder takes power to spin, yet they still run some insane times.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:54 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SDB

You must understand the nature of the Cobra driver. They are cowards at heart.

God I love taking those shots!
Old 07-09-2006, 02:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd

Just remember....they make power like the LS1 strokers...with less then half the displacement. theirs a shot for ya. go to modularfords.com and take a look at the numbers/ETs....THOSE ******* know how to drive their cars....their being put in the LOW tens with pulley combos and no port on the blower with the REALLY insane drivers. Ford hit the nail on the head with that year cobra. Much like any car they do have a flaw, same as the LS1 cars have the weak rears, the 03s/04s get very hot very quick so the cooling mods are rather worthwhile. Not so bad to spend 500-700 in cooling mods then 1800-2k for a rear.
Old 07-09-2006, 02:04 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Wants an LS1
Just remember....they make power like the LS1 strokers...with less then half the displacement. theirs a shot for ya. go to modularfords.com and take a look at the numbers/ETs....THOSE ******* know how to drive their cars....their being put in the LOW tens with pulley combos and no port on the blower with the REALLY insane drivers. Ford hit the nail on the head with that year cobra. Much like any car they do have a flaw, same as the LS1 cars have the weak rears, the 03s/04s get very hot very quick so the cooling mods are rather worthwhile. Not so bad to spend 500-700 in cooling mods then 1800-2k for a rear.

COWARDS I SAY! One and all!
Old 07-09-2006, 02:13 PM
On The Tree

COWARDS I SAY! One and all!

You know gas inst cheap, wouldnt want to waste it on a bolton/sprayed ls1 now would they lol? im not pickin sides, im jsut saying, those things WILL **** you up if ur not careful, 9 times outta 10 youll get the launch on them if they suck at launching...but sometiems they do it JUST so you can hear that whine come from behind like a banshee coming to get you lol
Old 07-09-2006, 02:18 PM
TECH Resident

SDB has listed his mods in a previouse thread, and from what I read, each one of those cobras would have got a real hand full. I can understand a classic muscle car, or a $100,000 exotic not wanting to race, but why would those guys spend all that cash on those cobras and not want to run a rival GM
Old 07-09-2006, 02:31 PM
On The Tree

LOL I cant even get stock cobras to race my car. But I did get my a@# handed to me by a turbo'd 03/04 cobra. It was all in good fun though I knew I was gonna get smoked by that car though.
Old 07-09-2006, 02:36 PM
Teching In

Sorry, but I have to comment on all the guys who say look on the net and see the et's people are pulling with this car or that car. I believe the whole point of this thread is SDB was ready to race what he brung. I hate cany-asses who run their mouthes and then will not race or those who qoute net stats. Whole point of street drags is to put up or shut-up. I don't care if your car is putting down 1000 hp, if you are called out b/c you opened your mouth and don't race, you still lose...............
Old 07-09-2006, 03:57 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

[QUOTE=Wants an LS1]most KB cobras are in the 10s.

That has to be the funniest statements I have EVER heard! Most KB cars I have seen are in the 11's....and I have seen quite a few.

I love it when people say to go to some internet sites and see what kind of times they run....classic.

All I know is that I can hang on a 40 mph kick with one of the nastiest Cobra's around here without using my nitrous. He has lots of weight reduction (3400 lb wet), solid rear, Big KB, nitrous, etc. He makes 618 rhwp on pump gas without nitrous, and we are neck and neck from a kick (I have an auto car), and I pull him up top.

I just think its funny to hear these guys all talk about thier rwhp, and have dyno sheets ready, and argue who is better (LIvernois vs. Pauls HP), and have MT ET Street Radials on the back, and then all back down from a 382 NA car (offered to take the bottle out of the car).

I really do think that the new Cobra's are going to become the Supra's of this generation. I like to race, not hang out with my dyno sheets out and talking about whose tune is better.

As far as fords making stroker type power with 1/2 the cubes, why is it a 500 rwhp Cobra will loose to a 400 NA hp F-body every time!!!!

The supercharged Cobra's make peaky HP, are heavy, and take lots of power to make them a threat on the street. I know there are some fast ones out there, but MANY have 500+rwhp and run in the 11's...I have seen them in person.

SDB
Old 07-09-2006, 04:20 PM
Launching!

Was I the only one that stared at that space for 2mnutes waiting for a picture to load up?
Old 07-09-2006, 04:21 PM
On The Tree

Ill admit tho, some cobra guys do open theres mouths to much for their own good....its the ones that keep their mouths shut that id look out for is basically what i think i was tryin to say.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:33 PM
10 Second Club

<--------------Laughing
Old 07-09-2006, 04:34 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Heatmaker
Was I the only one that stared at that space for 2mnutes waiting for a picture to load up?

LOL I could see why you did now. That is funny. I am just giving hell to the snake boys. I am suprised Unit hasnt piped in already. If my theory proves true it does mean he is scared.
Old 07-09-2006, 05:39 PM
12 Second Club

It's the same crap around here. There's a stroked/blown LT1 around here that would have ran with/beat pretty much any of the cobras at the local place, but no one would run.

Maybe they were scared an LT1 would beat them
Old 07-09-2006, 05:48 PM
TECH Regular

Honestly around here, I have no problem getting them to race. They are always game.
Old 07-09-2006, 05:56 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

You're full of **** SDB if you think Cobras are the new Supras. Don't let a couple of douchebags skew your views.
Old 07-09-2006, 06:01 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by unit213
You're full of **** SDB if you think Cobras are the new Supras. Don't let a couple of douchebags skew your views.
FINALLY! I figured that comment would get Unit out...

I know there not as bad as Supras, but the Cobra's are too easy to get high Dyno's on and too many of the owners only want to go from a roll!

Let me know when you race Allign...I want to come up and watch/play!

SDB
Old 07-09-2006, 06:04 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SDB
Let me know when you race Allign...I want to come up and watch/play!
I'll never race him. He's a cop. I don't care if he's a cool cop or not.
I'm not taking that chance. But...if you come up, I'm game. Win or
lose, I guarantee I'll run you.
Old 07-09-2006, 06:13 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by unit213
I'll never race him. He's a cop. I don't care if he's a cool cop or not.
I'm not taking that chance. But...if you come up, I'm game. Win or
lose, I guarantee I'll run you.

Point blank man, you need to drive your car when you make it down this way!