Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

had a run in with rsx type s with forced induction

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 07:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default had a run in with rsx type s with forced induction

Well today i was driving back to work from another town and proceded to the highway to get on and head south. Before i got on I saw a rsx type s and thought nothing about it. Well once I was on I moved over to the left lane and was doing about 65. Out of the blue this rsx with a front mount intercooler comes flyin up behind me in a low gear and tries to show off his car behind me. He is all over my *** and I am just waiting for traffic to clear ahead. Well finally some traffic does clear and he is just about bouncing off my back bumper so I started to get pissed. I put my window down and and did a signal to follow. So he stays in a low gear and is all over me still so then I let him have it. I took off at 65 full throttle and immediately started putting cars on him. I could see him trying to catch up with me, but that was just trying lol. I let off at about 125 and by then I had put several buslengths on him. I slowed back down and he pulled up next to me and gave me a thumbs up and kept driving ahead. Never thought I would get that response out of him but then again I was happy to see he wasn't a poor sport. My car is a 2001 full bolt-on with a stall. I just cant say it enough I love the ls1 motor and the stalled tranny.

Last edited by smokin2001formula; 03-22-2007 at 09:02 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-22-2007, 07:30 PM
On The Tree

Forgot to mention I have no cats and my car is quite vicious when your behind me and I let her rip. lol.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

You did not put bus lengths on a turbo RSX. If so, he wasnt driving.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:44 PM
Staging Lane

I disagree!! there is a Boosted RSX around here where i live and we've raced from a 40 roll and i kill him bad at least 1 1/2 bus lengths Nice kill!!
Old 03-22-2007, 07:44 PM
11 Second Club

Default omfg

Originally Posted by 25psi
looks like they let you back.

never mind this guy.good kill i hate ricers.
there will be more jump in and bash you get ready
Old 03-22-2007, 07:50 PM
On The Tree

I did not say it was a turbo. Read the thread title please 25psi. I dont follow these cars that much. I like my bird. Could it have possibly just been supercharged? He did have a frontmount and a guage pillar that I could see.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:56 PM
Staging Lane

Doesnt matter the rice was too slow...
Old 03-22-2007, 08:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

nice kill!
Old 03-22-2007, 09:59 PM
11 Second Club

dude shut the **** up....

I watched a Turbo Type S run a 15 flat 3 times on the same day at the strip...with 3 different drivers....it was on 10psi

The following week i watched a Supercharged Type S on 10psi run a 14.8-15.0 4 times...

THEIR SLOW

Note: I think its hilarious (and others do too) that you Get banned, come back with your same Negative attitude and Now you own a Ferrari Enzo AND a Carrera GT????? BULLLLLLLLLLLSHITTTTTTTTTT

Last edited by kidcamaro98; 03-22-2007 at 10:09 PM.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:39 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by kidcamaro98

I watched a Turbo Type S run a 15 flat 3 times on the same day at the strip...with 3 different drivers....it was on 10psi

The following week i watched a Supercharged Type S on 10psi run a 14.8-15.0 4 times...

THEIR SLOW

Note: I think its hilarious (and others do too) that you Get banned, come back with your same Negative attitude and Now you own a Ferrari Enzo AND a Carrera GT????? BULLLLLLLLLLLSHITTTTTTTTTT
If you run anywhere NEAR 15s with a turbo RSX/Integra, you can't ****** drive. My STOCK '94 Integra GS-R ran a 14.97, and an RSX-S is faster than a GS-R, especially the '05+ models. A bolt-on/Hondata tuned RSX-S is a mid-high 13s car in the right hands. Not "fast," but don't think that just because you saw some shitty drivers run bad times, that that's all they can do.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:35 AM
11 Second Club

well i believe what my eyes see....those shitty drivers on the street if i ever encountered them, they would have got smoked like they were a joke. Maybe their car is worthy to be faster, but it wasnt so there for its still a 15 second car.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:56 AM
Teching In

well i believe what my eyes see....those shitty drivers on the street if i ever encountered them, they would have got smoked like they were a joke. Maybe their car is worthy to be faster, but it wasnt so there for its still a 15 second car.
Dude thats with any car. I can't count the cars I have seen running slower then they should. You can't generalize like that and not expect someone to call you on it. Truth is the RSX should run 15's without FI. It the FI was done right it should be faster.

I've seen two different drivers drive the same car and the difference was 2 SECONDS. 2 seconds is HUGE. It makes you wonder how someone could drive so bad, but they are out there.

To the OP, nice kill. I'm not a big fan of any Honda product. 99% of the kids around here drive some riced out Honda and it's left me jaded against them.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:03 AM
On The Tree

Thanks for the comments guys. I am usually not a fan of racing on the highways, but I had a big opening followed by an annoying kid behind me that wanted to leearn the hard way.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by smokin2001formula
Thanks for the comments guys. I am usually not a fan of racing on the highways, but I had a big opening followed by an annoying kid behind me that wanted to leearn the hard way.
Nice kill!
Old 03-23-2007, 11:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
If you run anywhere NEAR 15s with a turbo RSX/Integra, you can't ****** drive. My STOCK '94 Integra GS-R ran a 14.97, and an RSX-S is faster than a GS-R, especially the '05+ models. A bolt-on/Hondata tuned RSX-S is a mid-high 13s car in the right hands. Not "fast," but don't think that just because you saw some shitty drivers run bad times, that that's all they can do.

I agree that an FI rsx type s pushing 10 psi shouldnt be running high 14's/low 15's but I find it hard to believe a basic bolt on an tuned rsx type s can pull a mid 13. Not saying it cant happen, especially if it is gutted, but if you have any proof of it id love to see it.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:40 AM
Staging Lane

From when i used to visit Honda boards i believe the full bolt on RSX with Hondata ran average 14.2.. That was with good drivers... I raced a Supercharged RSX before on the highway and im completely stock.. i was only in my power band once and i pulled his bumper to my passenger door.. the other three times i was out of power band and he would get a fender ahead of me and i would slowly start catching up but by the time the race was over he would be ahead of me by maybe a bumper. So F/I RSX's dont scare me much unless they have invested more money then what they bought the car for lol
Old 03-23-2007, 11:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

THEIR SLOW

You are a complete idiot/bafoon, if you cant dicern a mid 14 sec car stock vs a K20 at 10 psi. Bolt on K20's can go mid 13's and trap over 102mph. So your telling me, a k20 with 10psi, cant break 15's. Your a joke dude.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hypnotiq
From when i used to visit Honda boards i believe the full bolt on RSX with Hondata ran average 14.2.. That was with good drivers... I raced a Supercharged RSX before on the highway and im completely stock.. i was only in my power band once and i pulled his bumper to my passenger door.. the other three times i was out of power band and he would get a fender ahead of me and i would slowly start catching up but by the time the race was over he would be ahead of me by maybe a bumper. So F/I RSX's dont scare me much unless they have invested more money then what they bought the car for lol

Supercharged RSX's, dont put down as much as turbo ones do.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

THEIR SLOW

Do you think I care if I am banned? Do you think it would ruin my life or something? Do you actually think I own a Carrera Gt or a Ferrari Enzo ? Dude, your more forgone than I thought! Get a life, matter of factm get off my dick!
Old 03-23-2007, 11:57 AM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Supercharged RSX's, dont put down as much as turbo ones do.

Id sure like to see that enzo.

anyway you still suck, cause I have 2 enzos and still post on ls1 tech eventhough everyone hates me.

Quick Reply: had a run in with rsx type s with forced induction