Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

99 FRC fun with Jeep SRT8

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 11:31 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 99 FRC fun with Jeep SRT8

the other day on freeway ran a new Jeep SRT 8. He kept doing fly byes by me and finally when the traffic cleared we ran from 70-120 had him by 6+ car lenghts. He tried another fly bye but he could not catch me. He finally turned off freeway to go on highway 5 blinked his head lights. Fun while it lasted.
Not much but it beats running all the SUV's and trucks that always want to race.

Last edited by 99FRCTorchRed; 06-17-2007 at 10:07 AM.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

let me first start out by saying nice car... now... the rant..

look at your mods?? are you serious? sometimes "we" get too cocky about what we have, as you would be if an innocent White TrailblazerSS pulled up to you with a stroked LS2 H/C and turboed, with a 3200Vig and AWD? (vids and slips to come)

think you'll pull this one?? lol

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/4...4e00afa93f.htm

my friend owns a shop in TomsRiver, NJ and he builds some pretty quick SUV's, TBSS's SRT8 Jeeps you name it, he's done it to them, just a shame you didn't get a chance to run one of them..

once again nice car, but remember if your C5 was stock that jeep would've door to door on the hwy and out of the hole? you know the result..
Old 06-17-2007, 12:38 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TonyGXP
let me first start out by saying nice car... now... the rant..

look at your mods?? are you serious? sometimes "we" get too cocky about what we have, as you would be if an innocent White TrailblazerSS pulled up to you with a stroked LS2 H/C and turboed, with a 3200Vig and AWD? (vids and slips to come)

think you'll pull this one?? lol

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/4...4e00afa93f.htm

my friend owns a shop in TomsRiver, NJ and he builds some pretty quick SUV's, TBSS's SRT8 Jeeps you name it, he's done it to them, just a shame you didn't get a chance to run one of them..

once again nice car, but remember if your C5 was stock that jeep would've door to door on the hwy and out of the hole? you know the result..
In my town there are no modified SUV's or trucks just yong kids driving daddys automobile.

And yes I knew I would smoke him but it was him who would not let up.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:04 AM
TECH Addict

I always hate the "Oh, think you're fast, man if you went up against <insert something here> you wouldn't be so cocky" responses. WTF does that have to do with his kill?

Fun run, btw.

Jim
Old 06-17-2007, 01:08 AM
TECH Resident

SRT-8 jeeps dont sell well around here, I love the way they look though. Nice kill.
Old 06-17-2007, 03:49 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by DeltaT
I always hate the "Oh, think you're fast, man if you went up against <insert something here> you wouldn't be so cocky" responses. WTF does that have to do with his kill?

Fun run, btw.

Jim
I agree, but its because he owns a TBSS. Who cares, Ive seen plenty of Z06's and Cobra's getting whipped I dont go find a John Force video and say "see if you can beat this Mustang" The SRT8 was acting stupid and got put in his place, nothing wrong with that.

BTW..99FRC where are you from? Im from C CA as well, I remember a Red C5 in Fresno at a EP meet that was camin pretty good was that you?
Old 06-17-2007, 09:11 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Quik Z06
I agree, but its because he owns a TBSS. Who cares, Ive seen plenty of Z06's and Cobra's getting whipped I dont go find a John Force video and say "see if you can beat this Mustang" The SRT8 was acting stupid and got put in his place, nothing wrong with that.

BTW..99FRC where are you from? Im from C CA as well, I remember a Red C5 in Fresno at a EP meet that was camin pretty good was that you?
I live in Los Banos
Old 06-17-2007, 09:27 AM
Scammer Alert!

i agree there are no what if's in racing, a car/truck/suv wants to play he accepts responsibilityor not fully knowing what the other vehicle has, in this case a very bad move, awesome kill 99 frc
Old 06-17-2007, 08:32 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99FRCTorchRed
Not much but it beats running all the SUV's and trucks that always want to race.
that's the reason for me bothering to post in here at all.. there's always someone faster, no kidding... I see from his response there's not alot of modded SUV's where he's at. here it's the complete opposite from LS1 swaps in S-10's to STS powered Escalades they're all over.. not to mention the Sy/Ty & lightning crowd, or TBSS/SRT8/10's.. guess different parts of the country have different trends..

btw, "quickZ06" does this look familiar?

If you had room to take it up higher you would have pulled him imo, especially if he wasnt pulling anymore.
a race is a race he lost... you know what they say about people living in glass houses?? no need to point something out about someone else's posts when you do the same thing...
Old 06-17-2007, 08:42 PM
TECH Regular

Haha what was that posted agaist a bike? And I wasnt trying to come off as a badass in that post "oh you cant beat this" was I?
Old 06-17-2007, 08:43 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 99FRCTorchRed
I live in Los Banos

Really cool than your not that far, im in Stevinson and have family in LB.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:06 PM
TECH Resident

SUVs are retarded anyways..what a waste of money to mod one
Old 06-17-2007, 09:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ZFan88
SUVs are retarded anyways..what a waste of money to mod one
I got 31 miles a gallon going to San Jose last week......and I beat 2 Expeditions and Excursion
Old 06-18-2007, 01:33 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice Kill.

I would take a good amount of work to beat your vette
Old 06-18-2007, 03:25 AM
Launching!

Very well spoken your Trail Blazer looks tough!
Originally Posted by TonyGXP
that's the reason for me bothering to post in here at all.. there's always someone faster, no kidding... I see from his response there's not alot of modded SUV's where he's at. here it's the complete opposite from LS1 swaps in S-10's to STS powered Escalades they're all over.. not to mention the Sy/Ty & lightning crowd, or TBSS/SRT8/10's.. guess different parts of the country have different trends..

btw, "quickZ06" does this look familiar?

a race is a race he lost... you know what they say about people living in glass houses?? no need to point something out about someone else's posts when you do the same thing...