Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Capn Smokey & The 200 MPH 3rd Gen

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 04:40 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by capn smokey
Wow guys, Im not going to kill myself for yall and Im glad to see some people helping my case. I have a very fresh suspension setup and the car is going to be lowered about 2 inches in the next few weeks, I am waiting on a set of rims for my car so the tires will tuck when i drop it and it will be riding on Z-rated tires.
For some odd reason, this post right here makes you sound like a troll that doesn't know what is going on. You just have to understand...trolls like you have been around before...you remind me of the guy from back in the day that claimed he had C5R heads that he dug out of the garbage, and his car was geared for top speed runs. Then one day his story became a bit too fantastic, and someone called him on it. He couldn't back pedal fast enough.

So, now on to you. If you'd like, go ahead and define "fresh suspension setup". If it is so fresh, why are you lowering it 2 inches? Won't that start messing with your geometry quite a bit? Or is that because you realized that it affects drag, and you want to make your story sound plausible?

I've even commented on how far your wheels stick out...so now you are getting new ones? But wait...you said you've already achieved high rates of speed with what you have right there in your sig. So why the change now? And what kinda rims are we talking about here?

And z-rated tires? That's a bit generic, don't you think? Care to elaborate on those? And that brings me back to my last question...I thought you had already broken the sound barrier with what you have?

Why does it sound like you are back pedaling already?
Old 09-06-2007, 09:49 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
For some odd reason, this post right here makes you sound like a troll that doesn't know what is going on. You just have to understand...trolls like you have been around before...you remind me of the guy from back in the day that claimed he had C5R heads that he dug out of the garbage, and his car was geared for top speed runs. Then one day his story became a bit too fantastic, and someone called him on it. He couldn't back pedal fast enough.

So, now on to you. If you'd like, go ahead and define "fresh suspension setup". If it is so fresh, why are you lowering it 2 inches? Won't that start messing with your geometry quite a bit? Or is that because you realized that it affects drag, and you want to make your story sound plausible?

I've even commented on how far your wheels stick out...so now you are getting new ones? But wait...you said you've already achieved high rates of speed with what you have right there in your sig. So why the change now? And what kinda rims are we talking about here?

And z-rated tires? That's a bit generic, don't you think? Care to elaborate on those? And that brings me back to my last question...I thought you had already broken the sound barrier with what you have?

Why does it sound like you are back pedaling already?
The claims have been backed with hard facts and numbers, everything you say from this point is irrelevant. In other words, you have been proven wrong. Admit it and move on, you waste way too much time trying to invalidate people and make yourself look smart. Well guess what, the fact that you have alot of posts doesnt automatically make you smarter than me. I am not backpedaling, I have had a set of drop springs in my garage for almost a year and I have been dying to put them on but my tires will rub so that necessitates me getting new rims. And fresh suspension would mean new bushings, tie rod ends, hotchkis sway bar, new shocks, etc. So please leave your opinions and degradations of people you dont even know to yourself. &
Old 09-06-2007, 10:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by unit213
BTW...600rwhp on the hit isn't enough to propel you to 190-200mph.
I must have missed how he is putting 600HP to the wheels... With the engine listed in his sig, he would need a LOT more than a 160 shot! I doubt it would hit 300rwhp in NA form!

I love the 3rd gen ignorance around here - its comical. My 200K mile 85 Z28 is more stable at speed than my low mile 00 TA thats in much better condition overall. And that rusted out redneck slug of a 3rd gen Fireturd you see in trailer parks and make fun of... it happens to be the most aerodynamically stable platform in the history of American automobiles.

I think capn smokey would be lucky to hit 175.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

200mph third gen would be crazy to see, the best i hit was 137mph in my 3rd gen and it was a rough ride.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:29 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The claims have been backed with hard facts and numbers, everything you say from this point is irrelevant. In other words, you have been proven wrong.
Hard facts? Naahhhhh. Proof is you doing 200. I think it's safe to say we'll never see that. So NOTHING has been proven. I'd love to see you spray that thing to 200 mph. Even if your motor could handle it, you'd be carrying an extra 200 lbs in nitrous bottles.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:50 AM
wrp
9 Second Club

Hell, Goliad is in October, plenty of time to register and put this all to bed. http://www.texasmile.com . BTW, there are three 80 model Camaros in the 200 MPH club there.

David Freiberger – BCBGALT - 1980 Chevy Camaro
213.442 MPH, Achieved July-Aug 2004

Tonya Turk – BCBFALT - 1980 Chevy Camaro
208.914 MPH, Achieved July-Aug 2004
(and current record holder for fastest female)

Keith Turk - BCBGALT - 1980 Chevy Camaro
205.697 MPH, Achieved July-Aug 2004

Last edited by wrp; 09-07-2007 at 07:57 AM.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:00 AM
TECH Resident

I'll say this again like I said in the past posts.

The terminal velocity of the car's design will be the problem. Without any aerodynamics done to the car, it's not going to hit 200, period. I don't care if you have 1000hp, it will become a plane before 185.

And as UNIT213 has posted, your going to need more than 600whp to hit 200, even if you could keep the car down on the road.

It's like hitting a brick after 190. Even if you was spraying 200 shot. That 190-200 take more than just horsepower.

Last edited by wickedwarlock; 09-07-2007 at 08:08 AM.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:25 AM
On The Tree

200+MPH thirdgen

How hard was it to find that.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:28 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by wickedwarlock
I'll say this again like I said in the past posts.

The terminal velocity of the car's design will be the problem. Without any aerodynamics done to the car, it's not going to hit 200, period. I don't care if you have 1000hp, it will become a plane before 185.

And as UNIT213 has posted, your going to need more than 600whp to hit 200, even if you could keep the car down on the road.

It's like hitting a brick after 190. Even if you was spraying 200 shot. That 190-200 take more than just horsepower.

Are you talking about terminal velocity in the free fall sense, or in the lift being greater than weight of the object sense? It seems youu're confusing he terminology, correct me if I'm wrong. Every object falling due to a (relatively) constant force, through a fluid (air) will reach a maximum velocity (TV) without additional outside forces working on it. I don't see how this relates to cars on roads.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:34 AM
On The Tree

http://racingarticles.com/article_racing-21.html

He would clearly need a few alterations, but aparently 600hp is capable of 200+ MPH
Old 09-07-2007, 09:36 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Proven wrong? With theory? Put your money where your mouth is capn smokey...put that theory to the test. Show me you can do it with your car, and I'll go back and remove every post I've made making fun of you.

You sound like a troll. The burden of proof is on you. Or you could just admit that you are full of **** (which I'm 99.9% certain you are). I'd bet even if I did know you in person, I'd consider you to be a bullshitter that has no clue about anything...they are a dime a dozen these days, mostly thanks to the internet.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:52 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by whiteghost
Are you talking about terminal velocity in the free fall sense, or in the lift being greater than weight of the object sense? It seems youu're confusing he terminology, correct me if I'm wrong. Every object falling due to a (relatively) constant force, through a fluid (air) will reach a maximum velocity (TV) without additional outside forces working on it. I don't see how this relates to cars on roads.
How can there be confusion, terminal veloicty is based on air resistance, falling or acceleration. The car's maximum top speed based on it's design. Every car has one and is usual given from the manufacurer by it's stock design. Some companies will give the info, and some do not. Majority are posted because of governors, but that's not it's true value.

http://sportsfigures.espn.com/sports...y.jsp?iAm=null
Old 09-07-2007, 10:00 AM
TECH Regular

although im skeptical on weather or not smoky can go as fast as he claims i have noticed two things.

cj, you are a tool for starting a flame war for no reason other than your personal amusment. Smoky is full of **** and everyone thinks so. Get the **** over it already.

Unit, the fact that you let this thread live is a tarnish on you as a mod. In my opinion you (kepping in mind that you are in fact a mod) should go back and read the rules for this section. So far in the first 3 pages the following rules were broken: 1, 4, 6, 8, 9...

now, ill stress, this is just my opinion. i think you do a good job as a mod, but this thread is .

+1
Old 09-07-2007, 10:14 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Pharm0r
although im skeptical on weather or not smoky can go as fast as he claims i have noticed two things.

cj, you are a tool for starting a flame war for no reason other than your personal amusment. Smoky is full of **** and everyone thinks so. Get the **** over it already.

Unit, the fact that you let this thread live is a tarnish on you as a mod. In my opinion you (kepping in mind that you are in fact a mod) should go back and read the rules for this section. So far in the first 3 pages the following rules were broken: 1, 4, 6, 8, 9...

now, ill stress, this is just my opinion. i think you do a good job as a mod, but this thread is .

+1
Ah, he always lets a few of them go for amusement.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Pharm0r

+1
If it bothers you that much just don't click on the thread. I'm sure he just let it go to get some humor in here. This thread is one of few on this board that Mustang and GM owners can agree on.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:02 PM
Teching In

damn, i just read this thread and am lol. idk if the car will do 200mph, and im sure no one will ever find out, the only part i disagree with is that he said his car is more aerodynamic than the c6zo6.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by brian06eleanor
he said his car is more aerodynamic than the c6zo6.
I missed that part but....
Old 09-07-2007, 01:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28
I must have missed how he is putting 600HP to the wheels... With the engine listed in his sig, he would need a LOT more than a 160 shot! I doubt it would hit 300rwhp in NA form!

I love the 3rd gen ignorance around here - its comical. My 200K mile 85 Z28 is more stable at speed than my low mile 00 TA thats in much better condition overall. And that rusted out redneck slug of a 3rd gen Fireturd you see in trailer parks and make fun of... it happens to be the most aerodynamically stable platform in the history of American automobiles.

I think capn smokey would be lucky to hit 175.
I am not quite 600whp but easily at 600fwhp. A stock zz4 would easily put 300 to the wheels so what makes you think that mine with all of its mods wouldnt make around 400-420whp through a T-56? I dont have a dyno on it so you can call bs if you want but I have beat numerous 400whp+ 4th gens.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 140 Likes on 110 Posts

600 with N20..no where near that on just Engine..
Old 09-07-2007, 04:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am not quite 600whp but easily at 600fwhp. A stock zz4 would easily put 300 to the wheels so what makes you think that mine with all of its mods wouldnt make around 400-420whp through a T-56? I dont have a dyno on it so you can call bs if you want but I have beat numerous 400whp+ 4th gens.
Hahahahaha! The ZZ4 was rated at 355HP, and per GM, in 3rd gen trim (as per the ZZ4 conversion) was only capable of 308HP. That's rated at the engine, not the wheels.

Secondly, I've built several SBCs, and while I haven't built your specific combo, I know enough to say that you have a 400HP engine there - and I'm not talking wheel HP! A relatively low compression, 180cc runner, 230 duration cam just isn't going to make impressive power.

I think if you actually put that car on a dyno or ran it on a quarter mile, you'd think differently about its power output. I really hate to do this, but you're claiming 100-120 more rwhp over a stock ZZ4 (that's roughly 150 more engine HP) with heads that flow 30cfm more and a cam 10 degrees bigger!?

Finally, I'd say you're 400-420rwhp estimate is a pretty decent one, WITH THE SPRAY.

Quick Reply: Capn Smokey & The 200 MPH 3rd Gen