Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Sneaky cop in a fox GT

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2003, 12:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Sneaky cop in a fox GT

Warning to those in Collinsville, IL!!!

I had seen him with someone pulled so I had the benefit of knowing he was a cop. Anyway I saw a fox behind me a few nights ago and he is tailgating me as we pull close to a long *** redlight. I switch lanes and so does he. At this point I'm thinking that he is pulling a ricer move on me by not lining up at the light by me so I wait until the last 20 feet to yank back in the other lane so he can't follow without looking like an idiot.

He has smoked windows and it is a green 87-93 Mustang GT. Even has stupid stickers!! I realise who he is at this point. He revved at me and I revved back. I signaled him to roll his window down. He rolls it half way down and says "wanna go"!!!! I couldn't believe it. I was dying to run him but I could clearly see the light in the passenger side windshield. I said "I could beat you but not your radio". He laughed and told me to stay out of trouble.

It took every ounce of rationality I barely have to keep from smoking his ***. That would have been really dumb. I don't think it is very fair dangling a steak to the lions like that. I knew he was a cop and could barely resist.

Be careful guys. They are playing dirty.
Old 06-25-2003, 01:26 AM
TECH Veteran

Default Re: Sneaky cop in a fox GT

thats BS......

I didn't think they could do that (break the law in order to pull you into breaking the law)....

thats kind of like a cop having sex with a hooker and then arresting her afterwords (at least thats how I look at it)....
Old 06-25-2003, 06:53 AM
TECH Junkie

gotta watch for those cops for sure, I seem to get so many bs tickets,, tinted tag cover, no seat belt etc. AHHH the world is so corrupt.
Old 06-25-2003, 07:45 AM
TECH Resident

i still havent figured out how thats not entrapment? i guess its because its your choice to race them no matter how much they provoke you. damn cops.
Old 06-25-2003, 09:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's exactly what I was thinking hondakiller, he's trying to egg you into doing something illegal so he can bust you, aka entrapment and last I checked that in itself was illegal
Old 06-25-2003, 11:21 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stealthy grey Nissan Altima's with tinted windows down here! A posse of them flew up from way back on the Xpressway. Myself, a ricer, and a stang (we weren't even racing, just happened to be driving next to them at the moment doing 75 in a 55, but we looked suspicious enough) thought we were being all pulled over... the Altima's just flew passed us, with blue lights flashing from within, on to their target and disappeared. I got off on the next exit needless to say.
Yet another cruiser model to look out for.
Old 06-25-2003, 12:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

A friend of mine was baited on the highway by a Lt1 camaro getting on it until my friend bit. Here in IL if you are caught doing 40mph over the limit you go to jail, and off he went.

I still can't figure how they can sell drugs to someone legally. I's tired of bein beat down by mistah charlie.

Old 06-25-2003, 01:01 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

i still havent figured out how thats not entrapment? i guess its because its your choice to race them no matter how much they provoke you. damn cops.
Yep, entrapment is when police officers FORCE you into doing something that is illegal, then arrest you.

IE, rob this bank or I'm going to kill you. So you rob the bank and then they arrest you for it.

This situation, although extremely unfair and d!ckish by the officer ... is technically perfectly legal for him to do, since he is just offering the race.

I wonder if he would really race you, or just wait for you to gun it, then pull you over?

Old 06-25-2003, 01:10 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

Back in 1999 I was returning late from a movie on I94 and I went by a red Mustang GT at about 75mph. He caught up to me and then rode my bumper for a mile. I mean right on it.

I wacked it (98SS M6, 4.10's, headers, my own Loudmouth invention, boltons), and I put about a mile on him.

He flew up on me again, and I wacked it again.

I was later pulled over and arrested for reckless driving. I told the cop after court, I said why do you guys do that? I said you could have pulled me over since I was going 75mph in a 55 zone but no you had to ride my *** what kind of crap is that? I called Walter Jacobson at Fox 32 News and he said he would monitor similar stories like that.

Undercover sports cars are total bullshit.

I spent $700 in fines and $500 on lawyers, and then every time I got pulled over in the next three years I would **** my pants. **** that bullshit!

PSJ
Old 06-25-2003, 03:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

I guess thats not really that different then when cops buy drugs from dealers undercover just to arrest them. To me the the whole undercover thing seems to make sense, but the whole tailgating game thats jacked up. Cops seem to like doing that even when they aren't undercover I had one ride my *** for two and a half miles before he turned off. He just kept following me hoping I would do something. As if the black and white Crown Vic with roof lights and a nerf bar wasn't a dead givaway that he was a cop. It was a city cop to. Shouldn't they be wasting there time stopping serial killers and Cuban drug lords?
Old 06-25-2003, 04:52 PM
Launching!

what you should do, is brake really hard and have the cop slam into the back of you. when you pull over tell him that there was a squirrel in the road and you tried to stop. then fall on the ground and scream "oh my neck....oh my back...!!!" and sue his ***.
Old 06-25-2003, 05:19 PM

haha great idea
Old 06-25-2003, 07:31 PM
TECH Veteran

my best friends dad actually did something like that.

When he was a kid, he had a Charger and the cops were always trying to get him for something. So this one afternoon he was speeding and this cop got him on radar. So the cop comes flying up on him with his light on.

Just as the cop gets close.......ekkkkkkk......he slams the brakes on HARD (locks the tires up).....the cop has to try and avoid hitting the back of his car and the only way he can do that......INTO THE DITCH!!!! The cop plants nose of his patrole car in the ditch.

Later another cop asks him about it and he says "he scared me comming up on me and my first reaction was to hit the brakes...... ". Avoided another ticket.
Old 06-25-2003, 08:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've always wanted to do that!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-25-2003, 08:26 PM
On The Tree

Entrapment isn't forcing you to do something. It is enticing you to do something you normally wouldn't do. Some cops are cool, most are ******!
Old 06-25-2003, 11:23 PM
Banned

Yeah my brother is going to cop school right now in Dallas. He is already starting to be a rpick with a big head. I think it is all a big cult that brain washes them. lol GIVE ME MY BROTHER BACK YOU BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I give out the donut and pig jokes on a regular basis. On the other hand my best friend was a cop and you couldnt hardly get him to give a ticket. He never got the big head. If you had a really cool muscle car he would nine times out of ten let you go.
Old 06-26-2003, 01:05 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Shouldn't they be wasting there time stopping serial killers and Cuban drug lords?
What's wrong with Cuban drug lords?
Old 06-26-2003, 03:42 AM

Entrapment isn't forcing you to do something. It is enticing you to do something you normally wouldn't do. Some cops are cool, most are ******!
ENTRAPMENT - A person is 'entrapped' when he is induced or persuaded by law enforcement officers or their agents to commit a crime that he had no previous intent to commit.

However, there is no entrapment where a person is ready and willing to break the law and the Government agents merely provide what appears to be a favorable opportunity for the person to commit the crime. For example, it is not entrapment for a Government agent to pretend to be someone else and to offer, either directly or through an informer or other decoy, to engage in an unlawful transaction with the person. So, a person would not be a victim of entrapment if the person was ready, willing and able to commit the crime charged in the indictment whenever opportunity was afforded, and that Government officers or their agents did no more than offer an opportunity.

On the other hand, if the evidence leaves a reasonable doubt whether the person had any intent to commit the crime except for inducement or persuasion on the part of some Government officer or agent, then the person is not guilty.

In slightly different words: Even though someone may have sold drugs, as charged by the government, if it was the result of entrapment then he is not guilty. Government agents entrapped him if three things occurred:

- First, the idea for committing the crime came from the government agents and not from the person accused of the crime.

- Second, the government agents then persuaded or talked the person into committing the crime. Simply giving him the opportunity to commit the crime is not the same as persuading him to commit the crime.

- And third, the person was not ready and willing to commit the crime, but was 'forced' to commit it by the officers or agents.

Old 06-29-2003, 06:44 PM
Staging Lane

Ya'll would probably think this as pretty crappy, but my dad is a cop. Well one night (actually happened to be the day 2 fast 2 furious came out) they had this great idea that he would take my car to town and get people to race him, so the on duty cops could give them tickets. I don't know if they were being totally serious or not, luckly I had been gone with my car all day, if not there is not telling what would have happend. I could just see coming out to my car in a parking lot and having it totally thrashed because someone thought a cop drove it.
Old 06-30-2003, 02:00 AM
TECH Resident

ENTRAPMENT - A person is 'entrapped' when he is induced or persuaded by law enforcement officers or their agents to commit a crime that he had no previous intent to commit.

However, there is no entrapment where a person is ready and willing to break the law and the Government agents merely provide what appears to be a favorable opportunity for the person to commit the crime. For example, it is not entrapment for a Government agent to pretend to be someone else and to offer, either directly or through an informer or other decoy, to engage in an unlawful transaction with the person. So, a person would not be a victim of entrapment if the person was ready, willing and able to commit the crime charged in the indictment whenever opportunity was afforded, and that Government officers or their agents did no more than offer an opportunity.

On the other hand, if the evidence leaves a reasonable doubt whether the person had any intent to commit the crime except for inducement or persuasion on the part of some Government officer or agent, then the person is not guilty.

In slightly different words: Even though someone may have sold drugs, as charged by the government, if it was the result of entrapment then he is not guilty. Government agents entrapped him if three things occurred:

- First, the idea for committing the crime came from the government agents and not from the person accused of the crime.

- Second, the government agents then persuaded or talked the person into committing the crime. Simply giving him the opportunity to commit the crime is not the same as persuading him to commit the crime.

- And third, the person was not ready and willing to commit the crime, but was 'forced' to commit it by the officers or agents.

So then if a cop is riding your *** or asking if you want to race then that should be entrapment right? I mean, if he is simply at the light and you go for it then that would be opportunity to get you, but the second he tries to talk you into racing whether its just to "offer the opportunity" or not he has persuaded you to do something you wouldn't be doing otherwise. What do you think would happen if you tried to setup a sting? They should be illegal, sure people would get away but thats the price of freedom.