Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Eibach Pro-kit sits too low???

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 06:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eibach Pro-kit sits too low???

Hey everyone,

I have the Eibach pro-kit springs f/r on my 00 Trans am, but it just sits too low. I have looked up pictures of trans am's with the pro-kit springs front and rear and they sit higher. My tires do not rub, but with hooker lt's my Y-pipe is close to the ground, I'd say about 2" under the drivers seat. I have learned to drive with it but i would like it to be higher.
Could it be the springs? or the shocks? The shocks are Blue Tokico's. I took the wheel off my driver front and called eibach to make sure they were pro-kits, the numbers match up and they are. I called Tokico as well and they said the shock I have are factory replacments... so why does it sit so low? and what should i do to raise it? Or is this just how the pro-kit sits on some cars?
Check out my picture and see if anyone could give some input. wheels are 17" all around with 275/40/17 on all.
Attached Thumbnails Eibach Pro-kit sits too low???-0121011556a.jpg  
Old 02-18-2011, 06:18 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

Because that's what happens, not two cars sit exactly the same. Those springs do tend to be a little lower on average than mine are for example. There is nothing "wrong" here, it's just a Pro-kit thing, and it's the reason that springs estimate drop, don't guarantee it. The exhaust drags because you are lowered and down more than I like, and you have pipes that hangs lower to start with.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 02-18-2011, 06:46 PM
TECH Regular

your pro kit looks great. i had it, and the front sat higher than the rear...
Old 02-19-2011, 12:12 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Because that's what happens, not two cars sit exactly the same. Those springs do tend to be a little lower on average than mine are for example. There is nothing "wrong" here, it's just a Pro-kit thing, and it's the reason that springs estimate drop, don't guarantee it. The exhaust drags because you are lowered and down more than I like, and you have pipes that hangs lower to start with.
so nothings wrong with my set up, just not every pro kit looks the same. I got ya. so if i want it higher...change my springs right?

Originally Posted by 70hemicuda
your pro kit looks great. i had it, and the front sat higher than the rear...
thanks, a little low for my taste and it make the wheels look more tucked in. i'd like it a little higher, some 315's in the back and maybe a small spacer in the front(still maybe) and then i'd be happy with the stance
Old 02-19-2011, 12:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Usually pro-kits tend to sag in the rear which makes the front look higher.

But to raise the car, yes you would need a spring with a less of a drop. Stranos and BMR springs usually lower our cars the perfect amount where it's not too low or there's not tons of wheel gap. Do a search on here. There's a thread dedicated to cars with strano springs and there are a lot of cars also running BMR springs on here. Shouldn't be too difficult to find pictures
Old 02-20-2011, 08:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

click sig link. not sure which springs, but stock suspension otherwise. i think it sits way too low. i hate it. i have a set of stock springs to go on it, but i've been too lazy to swap them. i don't think there is anything wrong with your car. i believe mine are sportlines.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Almost the entire website is against pro-kits, yet you installed it anyway, now your exhaust is 2 inches off the ground, and you want our opinion now. You
Old 02-20-2011, 11:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yours sits the same as mine, certainly too low for my taste, but it's something the previous owner installed. When I get the funds to correct it, Strano's springs will be going in.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:36 AM
Launching!

PM me a price who ever doesnt want their PRO KIT, ill take them.

PM ME SHIPPED TO 92703 Thanks!
Old 02-21-2011, 07:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't want mine, but I sure don't want to run without springs at all! Buy me a set of Strano springs and you can haz mine! lol
Old 02-21-2011, 04:03 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Almost the entire website is against pro-kits, yet you installed it anyway, now your exhaust is 2 inches off the ground, and you want our opinion now. You
Bought the car with the pro-kit. If i were putting springs from stock, I would go with Strano. so no maybe i should have said i bought the car with it before i got bashed. and asking for opinions is what this forum is for....isnt all. We're all friends here, come on

Once I have a better money flow i will buy some stranos and sell the prokit
Old 02-22-2011, 02:47 PM
Staging Lane

Yours actually look a bit higher than mine in the rear! So far I love my stance, i have the Koni 4/4, fronts on the lower perch.

Old 02-22-2011, 03:11 PM
TECH Junkie

I personally think the main problem is the exhaust. If you don't want stuff dragging at full suspension travel then make sure you set it up that way. Prokits obviously don't help, but no matter the spring unless its super duper stiff they all have the same suspension travel at full compression. Something's gotta give... there's no miracle solution to it all

Quick Reply: Eibach Pro-kit sits too low???