Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

subframe connectors

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 10:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Burkhart chassis has weld in frame rail connector 199.99. Also at Burkhart chassis has 15% off till the end of year chassis an suspenson parts.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:00 PM
Teching In

FWIW, anyone who says subframes are a waste has either band-aided the problem with nice shocks which is great for weak motored launches but ruining the car in a way they can't even tell... yet

or

isn't making enough power/performance to know the difference anyways.

Seeing people saying otherwise reminds me of people who go crazy for chinese made turbos and get others into them.

Has anyone here not seen a t-top fly off a 4thgen? Nobody here broken a windshield from body twist? What do you think those quarter dimples would be like without them?

Get subframes, period. Or screw it, you can always buy another car later when you start making real power right?

Last edited by B4Ctom1; 02-09-2013 at 10:08 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:51 PM
11 Second Club

Default Damage to Rear Quarter Panels without subframe connectors

If you Drag Race your car & the car hooks hard with slicks or drag radials...

You run the risk of Wrinkling or Damage to your rear quarter panels...

(Without Subframe Connectors.)
Old 02-13-2013, 12:55 PM
Staging Lane

My car went from creaky to stiffer and dead quiet after two point UMI's. The railroad tracks at the end of the street no longer make the car feel like it's gonna rattle apart.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NOS LS1
If you Drag Race your car & the car hooks hard with slicks or drag radials...

You run the risk of Wrinkling or Damage to your rear quarter panels...

(Without Subframe Connectors.)
Uhhh....there was someone on the last page of this thread (along with others on this forum) that still had quarter panel issues with SFC's installed, even in street driving conditions. There's no guarantee's either way (the SFC doesn't tie the quarter panel together)
Old 02-16-2013, 12:26 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6r
Uhhh....there was someone on the last page of this thread (along with others on this forum) that still had quarter panel issues with SFC's installed, even in street driving conditions. There's no guarantee's either way (the SFC doesn't tie the quarter panel together)
I would say this would more support than oppose SFC's. It definitely indicates not all SFC's are created equally.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by B4Ctom1
I would say this would more support than oppose SFC's. It definitely indicates not all SFC's are created equally.
No Id say it indicates that SFC's do nothing for 1/4 pannel dimples. There are guys without SFC's and have no dimples, and there are guys with SFC's that have dimples after installing them.
Face it, they don't brace that far back, and the rear quarter pannels dont dimple from "chassis twist", they dimple because of a buckle point after the rear LCA mounting point. They move up and down from that point, not twisting.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
No Id say it indicates that SFC's do nothing for 1/4 pannel dimples. There are guys without SFC's and have no dimples, and there are guys with SFC's that have dimples after installing them.
Face it, they don't brace that far back, and the rear quarter pannels dont dimple from "chassis twist", they dimple because of a buckle point after the rear LCA mounting point. They move up and down from that point, not twisting.
I would say that the mere fact that some do and some don't means that it is far from conclusive.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:37 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
I see your point.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:30 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chassis flex... up down, pretzel, or whatever, i wear my fender dimples like a badge of honor.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

My car got a dimple after I got it, and I have only driven it 7k miles and no drag racing at all. Go figure.

I'm still going to install some MWC SFCs at some point. I think there is some validity to their claim on how all the other typical SFCs don't do so much since they don't really attach front and rear sub frames.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:54 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
My car got a dimple after I got it, and I have only driven it 7k miles and no drag racing at all. Go figure.

I'm still going to install some MWC SFCs at some point. I think there is some validity to their claim on how all the other typical SFCs don't do so much since they don't really attach front and rear sub frames.
I am with you bud! I am going to install either the Mid West Chassis or Burkharts. These guys build chassis, I think they know what they are doing.They connect the front and rear sub-frames with a 1"X2" square tube. I never really understood why all of the others use the LCA mounts and not the rear sub-frame?

Quick Reply: subframe connectors