Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

I made up my mind

Old 12-28-2006, 12:11 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I made up my mind

Ok guys I will provide the 2 links that were the most useful for me.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...7&page=1&pp=20

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...3&page=1&pp=20

Now here is my final statement for what I am going to do, because I need to return and reorder tomorrow. Im running out of time.

I am returning:
set of Eibach springs ( because I heard better things about strano, higher spring rate) - I just hope they arent anything under a 1.2" drop from stock, I already scrape on bumps)

Sway bar kit - ( because the one I ordered has too big of a rear sway bar - 25mm) and it has a front 35 mm

2 of the Rotors ( summit cross drilled and slotted)

ARP bolts ( not for LS engines)

Goodyear Gatorback belt ( I ordered 2, and will return one, because it doesnt look right... Not wide/thick enough and looks very short) - Im only returning one, in case it isnt wrong, then Ill have a spare anyways.

I am buying:
Strano Springs ( note: I am returning my eibach springs for strano springs , because they are better for handling, I was told) I need this to be verified. and dont forget guys. This is my first track event. If the Strano springs handle well, but are gonna make me slower when I hoit the dragstrip, forget it. because I drag race far more than the track. So please I need to know this - if the springs will harm me for stright line performance, you can forget it. Id stick with the EIbachs.

Strano Sway bar ( instead of the Eibach sway bar kit, because th 25 mm rear bar is too big for handling purposes) Im either going to get a set from Strano or just the front one. (35 mm probably)

Koni Shocks ( need more info on these also)

2 rotors from Autozone

correct belt from Autozone

other/installation:

alignment

Oil change before event

oil change after even

install springs

install shocks

install sway bars

install panhard rod

install new rotors and pads before the event and take with me spare rotors and pads

install the summit rotors after the event, just for Daily driving street use. Since I wont be so hard on them I dont think there should be a problem.

fresh brake fluid ( obviously) with the brake service.

coolant service

perhaps differential service

power steering fluid change.

install my new racing seat and 5 pt harness.

probably get better rear tires as well.

extra: I will try and get my underdrive pulley installed also and take a spare belt with me, as well as get my power window motor fixed and lastly my dynomax bullet muffler installed.

check all spark plug wires and clean my air filter

Im going to print this out for my reference, please include anything I am missing from this chart.

PS I am sticking with my EBC Yellowstuff pads, I dont think theyre gonna suck. Because #1 I wasnt even able to bleed my brakes fully and my redstuff pads are holding way better than OEM ( and thats with minor air in the master cylinder/brake lines)

The Yellowstuff is better pads than the redstuff, and I will have my system bled fully as well as on fresh rotors. I dont think I will have difficuty with braking.

Like I said, Im not trying to ignore your guys advice, but I tried ordering everything from summit and thats all they had , they didnt have any brands that were mentioned here( excluding Hawk).

Anyways, as you can see, Im still spending more money on my car and Im not gonna have any money left for different pads.

Unless anyone can tell me that the Yellowstuff pads are quite bad, I font think I wanna purchase any other pads.

Any input welcome please

( Again I wanted to make this thread to clarify, all advice, because I have like 3 threads going on, and I want this to be my final advice thread)

Should I return those following items and purchase the following listed items

from all the advice given, I think Im clear on what to do.

Last edited by LSGunZ28; 12-28-2006 at 12:32 AM.
Old 12-28-2006, 01:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I say get the Koni's. I am glad I got them. As far as springs and sways I have hotchkis. Maybe someone can chime in on the Strano springs and sways. Don't forget the adjustable pan hard bar to recenter your rear.
Old 12-28-2006, 01:56 AM
11 Second Club

Here is my plan for tomorrow

talk to Strano

Check this thread

hopefully for some useful info

return some items back to summit

But seriously, Im really considering

keeping everything, only returning the ARP bolts, 2 rotors and belt

just getting another sway bar for the rear and keeping the 25mm in my garage, and if Eibachs arent so bad, just keep those instead of the Strano. IDK, its only one track day and the rest is DD and drag racing. Besides, the Eibachs have a million mile warranty.

Just because Im considering this doesnt mean Im gonna do this, but if I dont get any useful info, I just may. I honestly dont have the time and money right now.

I still need some stuff to come in, I need to install a lot of the stuff as well.

I start school on the 8th and Im working full time now. Anything Time saving is desired right now.
Old 12-28-2006, 11:46 AM
Launching!

What tires are you on right now, and are they worn? I wouldn't get track tires for one event. Once you learn the intricacies of the car and how things work, then I would step it up. Most beginner run groups at HPDE's focus more on learning rather than letting you loose and tearing stuff apart.

Maybe try to find yourself an instructor that drives a Camaro or TA. I'm not saying that an instructor without one doesn't know what he's talking about, simply that one with f-body experience would know the little nuances better than one without.

Jon
Old 12-28-2006, 12:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

What brand is the 25mm rear sway bar? I might consider buying it from you if you are interested in selling. I'm looking into either getting a 25mm rear sway bar or even the Spohn Pro-Series Rear Drag Bar. My car is a street/strip car that sees NO time autox, road racing, etc...

And you guys say that you would NEVER go above 21mm in these cars? Why are all the street/strip guys running at the MINIMUM 25mm bars, up to the 1 5/16" (33mm) pro-series rear drag bar?

I guess you meant to say that you should never go above 21mm for cars that road race or autox. Right?

What is a big sway bar going to do on the street?
Old 12-28-2006, 02:11 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jon B.
What tires are you on right now, and are they worn? I wouldn't get track tires for one event. Once you learn the intricacies of the car and how things work, then I would step it up. Most beginner run groups at HPDE's focus more on learning rather than letting you loose and tearing stuff apart.

Maybe try to find yourself an instructor that drives a Camaro or TA. I'm not saying that an instructor without one doesn't know what he's talking about, simply that one with f-body experience would know the little nuances better than one without.

Jon
Nitto 555R 245/50 16
Old 12-28-2006, 02:11 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by matts22
What brand is the 25mm rear sway bar? I might consider buying it from you if you are interested in selling. I'm looking into either getting a 25mm rear sway bar or even the Spohn Pro-Series Rear Drag Bar. My car is a street/strip car that sees NO time autox, road racing, etc...

And you guys say that you would NEVER go above 21mm in these cars? Why are all the street/strip guys running at the MINIMUM 25mm bars, up to the 1 5/16" (33mm) pro-series rear drag bar?

I guess you meant to say that you should never go above 21mm for cars that road race or autox. Right?

What is a big sway bar going to do on the street?
Eibach 25mm swaybar red rear.
Old 12-28-2006, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LSGunZ28
Eibach 25mm swaybar red rear.
No thanks...I'll stick with Spohn probably

Good luck with everything!
Old 12-28-2006, 04:26 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LSGunZ28
Nitto 555R 245/50 16
Sounds fine to me.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:12 PM
11 Second Club

i ordered my parts from Strano this morning

-Sway bar kit:
-koni shocks
- strano springs

will be returning:
-eibach springs
-eibach sway bar kit
Old 12-28-2006, 10:15 PM
TECH Addict

good deal, im sure you'll be happier with these, in the short and long run. good luck, let us know how you make out after the track day. be sure to get pics and vids.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by matts22
No thanks...I'll stick with Spohn probably

Good luck with everything!
There will be very little difference between one 25mm bar (solid to solid bars that is) and the next. If the price is right, buy it. You probably won't know the difference (barring any fitment issues from one brand or the other, which I've not heard of yet).
Old 12-28-2006, 10:53 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by EchoMirage
good deal, im sure you'll be happier with these, in the short and long run. good luck, let us know how you make out after the track day. be sure to get pics and vids.
Thanks . Ill let you know how shitty the EBC pads are

Ill probably video tape it. I dunno hwere to install my digital camera though.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I made up my mind