Got a "VIOLATION ENFORCEMENT NOTICE"

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 11:19 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Got a "VIOLATION ENFORCEMENT NOTICE"

Walked out to my Camaro today and found a "VIOLATION ENFORCEMENT NOTICE" on my beater car, a '96 Geo Metro.

It was for expired state inspection and expired state registration. I haven't driven the car in about a month, because of the 2 things. It's just an extra car I have and don't NEED to have it working, so I just left it parked when the stickers went out.

It says it's a 10 day notice starting 11-6-10.

I live in an apartment complex too, if that makes a difference at all.

What does this notice mean? I peeled the sticker off. Is someone gonna come pick up my car or what? Do tow companies only look for the orange sticker? Is there any kind of penalty along with this sticker? And best of all, why did they find my car, parked in a parking lot of an apartment and feel they needed to put a sticker on it? Did someone call it in and complain?
Old 11-07-2010, 11:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No number on the sticker?
Old 11-07-2010, 11:54 PM
TECH Addict

means just move the car to another parking space.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:55 PM
11 Second Club

Someone most likely called it in.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:33 AM
Launching!

I'm gonna go talk to the apartments tomorrow to see if they are in charge of calling it in. If they didn't, I think I know who it is. The douchebags above me don't like me cause I bang on the walls/ceilings when they make a **** ton of noise. I don't understand how they can have 3-4 people living in a 1 bedroom apartment. Pretty sure it's not legal, but I don't call the apartment on them. Anyhow, idk that it's them.

There was a number at the bottom, but I figure there won't be anyone there at this hour. I'll call tomorrow.

If I move the car over 2 spaces, I'm pretty sure they'll find it again.

I thought about putting my old Camaro's plates on it and covering the VIN. I could take it another step and paint the car another color with rattle cans lol.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:33 AM
9 Second Club

some nicer apartments dont want "junk" meaning, expired tags, in their parking lot.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:39 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hell let em tow it and say thanks for getting the pos out of here
Old 11-08-2010, 12:41 AM
Launching!

These are nicer apartments, but what's the difference between a car with expired stickers and current stickers that just sit? It's not like people drive by and look at the stickers and it's parked forwards, so you can't even see them from the road.

Plus this car is much nicer looking than most of the piece of **** boats/trailers parked at the back of the apartments.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:42 AM
Launching!

Lol it is a POS, but it's mine and I plan to make a couple bucks off it when I get ready to sell it. I can drive 120+ miles on $10 in gas. Hard to argue with that milage...
Old 11-08-2010, 12:50 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well **** in that case let em tow it and bill em for the price of the car lol
Old 11-08-2010, 12:55 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SRfastZ
means just move the car to another parking space.
+1. I have a neighbor that complained about my daily just sitting there too. I called around and found out that a car can't sit in the same place for longer then a week. Just move it to another space!
Old 11-08-2010, 04:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JoeKnowsBaseball
These are nicer apartments, but what's the difference between a car with expired stickers and current stickers that just sit? It's not like people drive by and look at the stickers and it's parked forwards, so you can't even see them from the road.

Plus this car is much nicer looking than most of the piece of **** boats/trailers parked at the back of the apartments.
Your shitbox has been sitting in the same spot for a month with expired tags and inspection. I'm sure the complex called it in.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:58 AM
12 Second Club

What's with all the hate on this guys beater? The crappier your DD/Beater is, the more you enjoy your LSX car.

I should be able to leave a car in the same spot for however long I desire if I am current on my rent. Part of what my rent buys is a parking space(s). So long as I am not taking up more than my alotment, **** the complex.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

There's nothing wrong at all with having a beater for a daily. The problem is he said it's a "nicer" complex. I'm sure they don't want broken down shitboxes sitting there. His runs, but after it sits in the same spot for a month and everything is expired on it they don't know that.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have always had multiple vehicles. It's ususally not a problem if the registration and inspection are current. I would move the car somewhere else for a couple days, girlfriends, friend, parents, etc. When the staff walks the lot they will see it's gone. Bring it back and park in a different spot. I know it's a hassle, but I'm sure they are calling it "abandoned" because it hasn't moved and cannot legally be on the road.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

There is probably a clause in your contract when you signed for the appt. Some places wont even let you raise the hood to work on your car.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

If you read your lease agreement I think it says in there that you have to be current and your tags and inspection or the car can be towed.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Assuming all the parking spots around your car are usually occupied at night, park it with the nose forward, turn the wheels all the way to the side, and play the game of seeing how long it will take them to tow it. We had a greedy tow truck driver that came through our complex every night looking for cars to tow, and would haul somebody off for even parking on a line or being in a handicapped spot for 2 minutes. They let my fenderless, bumperless beater with expired tags and inspection sit there for a good 2 months after the orange sticker got put on the car. Must have finally happened to come by one night when nobody was parked next to it. It was never titled in my name and I wanted to get rid of the car so I didn't give a ****, I just wanted to see how long it would take them to tow it if they couldn't pull it out between cars.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:38 AM
TECH Regular

how bout just getting the stickers up to date?????
Old 11-08-2010, 11:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by neutron82
how bout just getting the stickers up to date?????
bahaha... I didn't want to be the one to say it... but c'mon, that's the most obvious solution.

Quick Reply: Got a "VIOLATION ENFORCEMENT NOTICE"