Gran Turismo 5 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 03:18 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Gran Turismo 5 Thread

It finally came out.

i havent got too far yet, whats yalls 1st ride? i got the yellow nissan s15, the mclarren and the game stop toyota camry nascar.

Gamer Tag is FuzzyTacoLicker
Old 11-25-2010, 08:19 AM
Teching In

what?? it came out??? going to buy that ish today...or tomorrow!
Old 11-25-2010, 10:24 AM
On The Tree

Bullshit, where'd you get it? They said January?
Old 11-25-2010, 10:32 AM
Trunion King

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by redws618
Bullshit, where'd you get it? They said January?
It came out today however AAFES doesn't have them which is a crock of shyte.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:32 AM
On The Tree

bought it yesterday @ 12:30.

played it til 5:15. got all my licenses from A-C i believe.

then i went into Arcade mode and started running cars. Challenger, 2010 STi, McLaren, 66 Shelby Vette, etc

real awesome game. it will keep me busy on those boring days when i'm not working 60 hour weeks or playing with my kids..........
Old 11-25-2010, 10:33 AM
On The Tree

p.s.
GameStop in Pearland had 2 non reserved GT5 games.

i picked one up yesterday so there is possibly still one left.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:35 AM
Trunion King

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

can you transfer the licenses that acquired from the previous Prologue game to this one? How about the cars?
Old 11-25-2010, 10:52 AM
On The Tree

i'm not a vudeo game buff by any stretch of the imagination, but if you have GT on PSP, supposedly you can load all your cars onto it.

i'd be the last person to be giving advice on that stuff, HAHA !!!!

the cars that you have to chose from are amazing in itself. and then the cars that you race against look great too - big big selection.
Old 11-25-2010, 11:09 AM
Teching In

No wayyyyyy!! thanks for the heads up!! *adds to Christmas list*
Old 11-25-2010, 11:50 AM
9 Second Club

Game Stop in pasadena by panera bread on fairmont is where i picked mine up at
Old 11-25-2010, 03:30 PM
9 Second Club

loading........................................... .................................................. .................................................. ............................................ ............................................. ............................................ .......................................loading.... .................................................. ............................................. ......................still f#cking loading........................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ................
Old 11-25-2010, 04:35 PM
Launching!

its cool but it seems like a need a larger screen my 42 is too small, you can see most cars are jagged i think due to the resolution, its a 720p.
great game, my only complaint is the arcade mode it has a handful of cars and you have to buy them in gt mode to play with them
Old 11-25-2010, 04:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by v8sten
loading........................................... .................................................. .................................................. ............................................ ............................................. ............................................ .......................................loading.... .................................................. ............................................. ......................still f#cking loading........................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ................
That's a pretty good summary.

Doesn't seem to have as large of a car selection as forza and the modding sucks.
Old 11-25-2010, 04:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It finally came out.

i havent got too far yet, whats yalls 1st ride? i got the yellow nissan s15, the mclarren and the game stop toyota camry nascar.

Gamer Tag is FuzzyTacoLicker
your gamer tag is ******* epic.
Old 11-25-2010, 09:32 PM
On The Tree

i feel ya........

i swear, it took me close to 45 minutes to start playing.

was worth it though, especially for me seeing as i don't play very often.

see, i could be paying right now but i'm posting on 4 different forums that i'm on, HAHA !!!!
Old 11-25-2010, 11:47 PM
Teching In

i bit the bullet and installed the 8GB of info onto my ps3.. well worth it. its much more reasonable after that

but the load times kinda dont bother me, cause this game is BEAUTIFUL.
Old 11-25-2010, 11:48 PM
Teching In

oh yeah, and my psn id is K_DUB09 just like on here
Old 11-26-2010, 05:55 PM
On The Tree

Remember on the old ones they had the 400m 1/4 test?? Do they not have that or am I missing something? Can you race online for cara?
Old 11-26-2010, 05:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I don't think it is as good as Forza. :shrug:
Old 11-26-2010, 07:29 PM
On The Tree

Game still sucks. Dont get me wrong, TONs of cars, but why the **** do i want 45 different s2000s or miatas. Wheres the CTS-v ? Or corvette zr1 ? i didnt see those to anywhere

Quick Reply: Gran Turismo 5 Thread