Thanks for the Thubs up kid in the blue honda with carbon hood...

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 08:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Thanks for the Thubs up kid in the blue honda with carbon hood...

I just wanted to rant because I'm sure many of you are sick of this **** as well. I normally just blow it off, but it is getting old.

Tonight at 7:45 there were both a green and blue honda behind me when I was turning from 2351 onto the feeder of 45. He was riding my *** piping me up etc. and wanted to race. When we got up to 40mph he hit it, I went on his move. I spun through 2nd, and 3rd, and let out. There is not really a need to mention how bad he was beaten. After that he did give me the thumbs up, but I'm just so sick of every person no matter what kind of car they have thinking it is a ******* race car. I try to race cars that are as fast or I believe to think are as fast as mine. My sense of judgment is not so far off that if I were to see a twin turbo 1000+ rwhp viper I would think WOW I BET I'LL GET HIM. I will give them some credit because we were not in dead stop traffic when they wanted to race, and they did not cut everyone off to get next to me.

Thomas
Old 04-14-2008, 08:46 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1LSWON
I just wanted to rant because I'm sure many of you are sick of this **** as well. I normally just blow it off, but it is getting old.

Tonight at 7:45 there were both a green and blue honda behind me when I was turning from 2351 onto the feeder of 45. He was riding my *** piping me up etc. and wanted to race. When we got up to 40mph he hit it, I went on his move. I spun through 2nd, and 3rd, and let out. There is not really a need to mention how bad he was beaten. After that he did give me the thumbs up, but I'm just so sick of every person no matter what kind of car they have thinking it is a ******* race car. I try to race cars that are as fast or I believe to think are as fast as mine. My sense of judgment is not so far off that if I were to see a twin turbo 1000+ rwhp viper I would think WOW I BET I'LL GET HIM. I will give them some credit because we were not in dead stop traffic when they wanted to race, and they did not cut everyone off to get next to me.

Thomas
is that cause he beat you, and your mad that a ricer thinks he can beat you?

haha j/k
Old 04-14-2008, 08:49 PM
TECH Addict

Happens to everybody that seems to have a "fast" car. I 95% of the time let them get beside me and when they rev their **** I laugh really obniouxsly and wave them on. One dude threw a "*****" sign up with his hands, and I laughed harder. **** them. If they arent worth the gas and possible trouble with the law, screw it.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:54 PM
On The Tree

I feel ya Thomas! I was on the way home from G-Force(about midnight)Friday night and turned onto Bay Area Blvd. A green Supra speeds up to catch up to me and pulls up next to me. He starts reving his engine. We were both going about 40mph. So, I figured why not. I drop it in second and he hits it and we take off. I imediately blow his doors off and I have a 20-30 car length on him. He didn't bother speeding up again. He had to have been a little upset. Oh well, atleast I got a good laugh out of it. Remember, at one point, we were those kids pulling up to those high hp cars and thought we could beat them too

John
Old 04-14-2008, 08:58 PM
10 Second Fun Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ls1won, Ive heard your car before it sounds really good. That might be a reason for someone to "pipe you up". I completely understand people bothering you to race though, not cool. Half the time I'm scared that they cant drive.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah when i'm in my lambo no one dares to look my way, just be happy
Old 04-14-2008, 09:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1LSWON

Thomas
i had the same thing happen to me last weekend...it was a guy in a pos 2.4L Toyota hatch back...he wanted to race me on a curvy *** road ( right near the Cinco High school for the katy peeps) and with a truck right in front of me and the fagget called me a ***** for backing out
Old 04-14-2008, 09:23 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by pennys58
I feel ya Thomas! I was on the way home from G-Force(about midnight)Friday night and turned onto Bay Area Blvd. A green Supra speeds up to catch up to me and pulls up next to me. He starts reving his engine. We were both going about 40mph. So, I figured why not. I drop it in second and he hits it and we take off. I imediately blow his doors off and I have a 20-30 car length on him. He didn't bother speeding up again. He had to have been a little upset. Oh well, atleast I got a good laugh out of it. Remember, at one point, we were those kids pulling up to those high hp cars and thought we could beat them too

John

Old 04-14-2008, 10:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had some tool in a Toyota SUV hopping it next to me in the TBSS on the freeway in rush hour traffic.

On a reverse note, I had some a guy in a newer Mustang GT revving next to me in my wife's 175k mile 01 Grand Am GT. I bit though. He spun off the line and I pulled about 3 cars in front. Ya, he quickly caught up but I was pointing and laughing that I got that bad of a hole shot on him so I didn't care. So you do get people in what should be faster cars trying to race slow cars too.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:13 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by THE BLACK WIDOW
it was probly NA.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

i love these stories
Old 04-14-2008, 10:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by kevin's_00ss
it was probly NA.
A 20-30 carlength is like a quarter mile down the road. Guess he never understood the concept of "letting off" after a declared win.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:38 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by newton
A 20-30 carlength is like a quarter mile down the road. Guess he never understood the concept of "letting off" after a declared win.
hopefully he used his hazards to declare the victory
Old 04-14-2008, 10:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by camAro242
i had the same thing happen to me last weekend...it was a guy in a pos 2.4L Toyota hatch back...he wanted to race me on a curvy *** road ( right near the Cinco High school for the katy peeps) and with a truck right in front of me and the fagget called me a ***** for backing out
And now he's on the ricer forums bragging how he intimidated you.......
Old 04-14-2008, 11:20 PM
On The Tree

is definately right. It was probably N/A. He just didn't know I wasn't N/A...also, putting 20 cars on turds happens rather quickly.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:46 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by pennys58
is definately right. It was probably N/A. He just didn't know I wasn't N/A...also, putting 20 cars on turds happens rather quickly.
IKR. He doesn't what you have.

What do you have?
Old 04-14-2008, 11:58 PM
On The Tree

2006 C6

HKE Forged 402 with Custom Blower Cam, ECS Novi 1500 with 8 rib/10lbs. of Boost, Procharger Race BOV, ECS Meth Kit, ECS Fuel System, Textralia Blower Carbon Fiber Clutch, Kooks 1 7/8" Long Tubes/Catted X-Pipe, Corsa Sports, Pfadt Coilovers, Pfadt Phatty Sways Front and Back, 245/35/18's Front305/30/19's Rear Nitto Invo's,Custom Tune(Wednesday will be Speed Density)...All installed and tuned by G-Force

Sure there is more, just off the top of my head...

John
Old 04-15-2008, 12:52 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by xfactor_pitbulls
Happens to everybody that seems to have a "fast" car. I 95% of the time let them get beside me and when they rev their **** I laugh really obniouxsly and wave them on. **** them. If they arent worth the gas and possible trouble with the law, screw it.

Laughing at them always pisses them off to no end. 90% of these cars aren't even worth it.
Old 04-15-2008, 01:24 AM
Staging Lane

yeah what i hate about the little import **** is i will race them sometimes but i just pull a couple of cars then get off of it cause by then its over no reason to get to high speeds, but no they coming screaming by all ******* late its like ok buddy the ******* race was over long time ago your car didnt just grow ***** and pass me didnt you see my damn brake lights
Old 04-15-2008, 01:36 AM
TECH Junkie

i don't get any bites