Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

2000 SS Custom Rear Mount Turbo, Custom 8Pt Cage

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 11:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 2000 SS Custom Rear Mount Turbo, Custom 8Pt Cage

Year: 2000
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $10000
Mileage: 86000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): NV
Color: Red
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

Reason for selling: I'll post this here to hopefully cut down on the chatter in the thread.

I lost the motor in January while just driving 65-70mph normally and running errands (made a short pull a few miles previously without incident before it let go). Looks like the #3 connecting rod failed near the wrist pin which of course munched up lots of stuff. Rods were SBC Eagle I-beams because in 2005 LS1 parts were too expensive for me. The car was only supposed to make about 750 crank HP. My friend Jon (1320 on here) offered to build me a forged 346 for $4k installed which is a killer deal, but it's $4k I don't want to spend. I've been working 32hrs/wk for the last 2 years and just got dropped down to 30hrs/wk. There is not much of a car scene here any more and I rarely drove the car the last 2 years because I had no where to go except for weekend errands, grocery store, etc.

This is my dream car, but I no longer have the motivation and think I'm just growing out of the hobby.

http://dynamic.opticalanarchy.com:8080/zombie/SS/ <--- lots and lots of pics of the car and fabrication that went into it.

I will leave this up for a while to try and sell everything whole. Eventually I'll part it out in a separate thread and sell the chassis or have the junk yard pick it up if there is no interest.

Do not PM me about individual parts. if you do...

$7K gets you the roller (install your own engine/trans/electronics)
$10k gets you everything listed, just needs new engine.
$12k gets you everything as is (all electronics, injectors, Aeroforce Scan Gauge, megasquirt II, stock ecu which runs everything else because I only have the megasquirt doing fuel, wideband, motor accessories etc)
$14k get you everything + my brand new 1700HP in tank fuel system which hasn't been installed.
All you have to do is drop in a new long block and fire it up, re-tune for your location/fuel. Motor was a 370 iron block with 317 heads.

Car ran a best of 10.001 @ 135.2 with a 1.49 60' at the top of 2nd gear. Has at least 50 mid to low 10 sec passes that I have slips for. Motor that died was built from junk parts and lasted 20k miles at 15psi.

I built this as a fun street car that went to the track for fun. I can't stand driving a race car so this is about as extreme as I was willing to go because I like comfort. My car was probably one of the best running rear mount setups around. Here is some video of how it drove and spooled.

http://www.streetfire.net/video/new-...ipi_739094.htm

You can search ZombieSS to see several other videos of the car on streetfire and youtube.

Turbo Setup:
Intercooler 4" ebay
Piping: 3" from turbo to intake. One piece from turbo I/C, on piece from I/C to throttle body.
Exhaust: manifolds ceramic coated, exhaust pipe is 1 piece 3" from manifold to turbo, ceramic coated and

fiberglass wrapped.
Turbo: Forced Inductions SX80 which is a Borg Warner S380 80mm compressor with race cover. 87mm Exhaust

wheel with 1.25 A/R divided turbine housing with quick spool valve. Cracking pressure of 4 psi fully

open by 10 psi.
Wastegate: 42mm Tial
BOV: none

Front Suspension:
Strange dual adjustable shocks 325lb springs
Rear Suspension:
Comp Engineering 3 way adjustable
Short body mount torque arm (unsure of brand)

Wheels Tires:
Rear: 15x10" pro stars with MT Street Radial with tread left, 1yr old
Front 15x4" jegs stars with tires (should probably be changed, kinda old) stock studs.

Trans:
TCI SFI Flex plate
PTS 3600 9.5" torque converter spec'd by Dusty Bradford. Stalls to 3600 rpms on the trans brake with no boost, will stall to 5200 with 14psi. Nice and tight for daily driving, with 2.75 gears I never had to exceed 2500 rpms and will move at 800 rpm idle if your foot isn't on the brake.
Transmission is a Th400 built by Carl Rossler. Has electronic speedo setup, trans brake, reverse manual valve body (you must shift manually), 2nd gear intermediate band was kept so there is engine braking in 2nd gear (safe to downshift from 3rd to 2nd while not under power). Trans is rated to 1200 torque. Needs input shaft if you want more.
Shifter is a Hurst ratchet shifter forget what model but it's lots of fun to drive.

Engine:
It's blown up, you don't want it

Rear end:
Moser 9"
2.75 gears
full spool
31 spline axles
ARP 3" studs

Body:
2000 Camaro SS, straight body, decent paint shows normal wear.
Carbon fiber SS hood (can be made functional), carbon fiber SS spoiler, rear hatch painted black to complete 2 tone look. Aluminum grill painted black.
Wheel well plastic trimmed to fit 28" tires, bump stops removed and massaged.
8 point custom cage with removeable swingouts. Cage is mostly hidden by body panels and head liner (see pics for better explination). Should be certifiable (built to NHRA specs) but I don't race so I refuse to pay them the extortion money they want. Completely safe on the street and won't kill you in an minor accident like a normal cage would.
6 point belts just installed 6 months ago still in cert.
A pillar 2 guage pod.
Interior is mostly complete, T-tops can still be removed with tools, full carpet and sound deadening.
A/C still works.
Radio is dead
Cruise control doesn't work, neither does traction control or ABS

Fuel system:
Dual in tank Walbro 255 high pressures
Stock Returnless system

I think that's most of it.

Call if you have any questions. Car is in Las Vegas.

8am-11pm PST any day. Call if you want to talk about price / options.
702-328-5339
Jeremy

Last edited by Zombie; 05-11-2011 at 06:00 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:03 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, your streetfire.net link does not work
Old 04-22-2011, 03:58 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Croman
Hi, your streetfire.net link does not work
It would work if Amazon wasn't experiencing server problems which took out streetfire.net. Hopefully they will be back up and running in a day or two.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:33 PM
Teching In

ok thanks zombie

you said you hate race cars....lol so do I!!
when you are driving at 55mph, what is the rpms at??

thanks
Old 04-23-2011, 06:54 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Croman
ok thanks zombie

you said you hate race cars....lol so do I!!
when you are driving at 55mph, what is the rpms at??

thanks
1900 rpms. 75 mph is 2500. If you change to 3.25 gears car should et a lot better since 3rd will be usable at the track. I also have a set of 2.50 gears I was going to try to get the rpms down at the track and keep it in the power band. Car drove really nice due to having lots of power and instant spool.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:20 PM
Teching In

can you send me more pictures at bmusa@hotmail.com [interior]

thanks
Old 04-24-2011, 03:55 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Hey Zombie, sorry to see you getting rid of this. PM me a price for it all minus the blown engine obviously, the turbo kit, and the extra 1700hp fuel system. Basically car as is minus ur blown engine and turbo kit. Thanks sir!

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 04-26-2011, 10:54 AM
10 Second Club

Bump 5chars
Old 05-03-2011, 03:16 PM
10 Second Club

Still for sale, probably going to start parting it out soon.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:01 PM
10 Second Club

one last bump, think it's almost time to part this thing out. I hate to see the shell go to waste but it won't even be a roller when parted.
Old 05-13-2011, 04:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

I just realized.... Bump by the way for a bad *** car... you managed 10s!!!! with 2.75 gears!! you sir, again, are my hero! makes me feel better that im still on my stock rearend while slowly upgrading my car with 2.73s
Old 06-25-2011, 09:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

When your ready to start parting out, i might be interested in some of your parts. Im doing my own custom rear mount. trying to get pieces to germany are pain in the butt somtimes. Shame the motor went out when it did. Still a Badass ride.

Quick Reply: 2000 SS Custom Rear Mount Turbo, Custom 8Pt Cage