Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

New Body Control Module

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2017, 09:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Body Control Module

Hi to all!
I have a '99 Camaro 3800 and I want to replace the Body Control Module with a new one.

The BCM part code that have is #0953681 and it is without the remote and without thief lock.

I have two ways: replace with the same BCM without remote and set only the VATS code at the first start, or replace with the BCM that have the remote (part #0953691), buy the remotes and program it in a GM dealer, but I 'dont know if thief lock likes it.
My Camaro don't have thief lock and I think dont have the thief deterrent relay, so sombady knows if it works without?

So somebody have do these change of BCM to have the remotes?
I need to be sure that these bcm works.

It works better?

thanks boyz!

Last edited by Volcente; 04-05-2017 at 02:47 PM.
Old 04-06-2017, 02:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The resistor in your key needs to match the body control module otherwise the car will not start.

Keyless entry is not affected by changing the body control module. All 97-02 foodies have the same Keyless remote.

Your key to start the car has a black chip on it, correct? That is the vehicle anti theft

Why do you "want" to replace your body control module.
Old 04-06-2017, 02:58 AM
Teching In

Thanks for your answer!

I want to replace the bcm because I have an intermittant work of both lock switch.
The vats code on my ignition key is not a problem because it will set at the fist start with the new bcm.
I have the VATS code on the key but I dont'have the remotes.

My actually BCM don'have the remote (AU0) and dont'have the anti-thief (UA06).
the bcm with remotes have an alarm when the doors are close by remote that sounds hazard and i dont'have it so I dont'know if a different bcm will work.

Maybe the alarm sounds as it prefer? I dont know.

I need to know if i buy new the bcm with remote and with anti-thief it will work good.
Old 04-06-2017, 10:27 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 349 Likes on 319 Posts

Is this a European-delivery car?
Old 04-06-2017, 10:44 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by wssix99
Is this a European-delivery car?
Yes.
My Camaro is a European Export Version and some things are different.
I write from Italy.

Last edited by Volcente; 04-06-2017 at 10:45 AM. Reason: mistake
Old 04-06-2017, 11:17 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Volcente
Thanks for your answer!

I want to replace the bcm because I have an intermittant work of both lock switch.
The vats code on my ignition key is not a problem because it will set at the fist start with the new bcm.
I have the VATS code on the key but I dont'have the remotes.

My actually BCM don'have the remote (AU0) and dont'have the anti-thief (UA06).
the bcm with remotes have an alarm when the doors are close by remote that sounds hazard and i dont'have it so I dont'know if a different bcm will work.

Maybe the alarm sounds as it prefer? I dont know.

I need to know if i buy new the bcm with remote and with anti-thief it will work good.

I think I understand what you are asking.

If your camaro has power locks and power windows the body control module is ready to be programmed to a new keyless remote. If your car is original with manual windows and no locks, many things must be re wired.

The factory alarm is able to honk with arming, or flash lights, or both. It is not a very good alarm
Old 04-06-2017, 12:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by chrysler kid
I think I understand what you are asking.

If your camaro has power locks and power windows the body control module is ready to be programmed to a new keyless remote. If your car is original with manual windows and no locks, many things must be re wired.

The factory alarm is able to honk with arming, or flash lights, or both. It is not a very good alarm
I have the power locks (that works intermittant an for this i change the bcm) and i have the power windows.

I dont'know if the factory alarm likes to not be complete and let the new bcm works perfect.

Maybe the car start the alarm starts as it prefer because I dont have the relay or other components, so I need to know if a person have really do this bcm change and are sure that it works without alarm.
Old 04-07-2017, 08:39 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 349 Likes on 319 Posts

I have to think that this is a very expensive part to buy in Italy!!!

Have you considered doing the free fix for this problem? Have you looked at the FAQ section and read the threads about the BCM fix? It sounds like you may have the common problem with the solder:

How to fix your radio/door locks/windows etc from flickering, cutting in/out
(Also Known As: BCM FIX)
https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...blems-fix.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...lickering.html
(Pic of affected solder in Post #22 of second thread.)
Old 04-07-2017, 09:05 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by wssix99
I have to think that this is a very expensive part to buy in Italy!!!

Have you considered doing the free fix for this problem? Have you looked at the FAQ section and read the threads about the BCM fix? It sounds like you may have the common problem with the solder:

How to fix your radio/door locks/windows etc from flickering, cutting in/out
(Also Known As: BCM FIX)
https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...blems-fix.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...lickering.html
(Pic of affected solder in Post #22 of second thread.)
Maybe 450€.

But the question is another if someone of you have try to change the bcm and use the remote without have the theft deterrent/alarm system.

But now I think that the answer is in the 1999 Camaro user guide:

To match the remotes at the first point said:
1. Turn the ignition key to RUN, then to OFF. This will
disarm the Content TheftDeterrent/Alarm System(if your vehicle has this option).

Old 04-07-2017, 09:16 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Volcente
I have the power locks (that works intermittant an for this i change the bcm) and i have the power windows.

I dont'know if the factory alarm likes to not be complete and let the new bcm works perfect.

Maybe the car start the alarm starts as it prefer because I dont have the relay or other components, so I need to know if a person have really do this bcm change and are sure that it works without alarm.

The body control module IS the factory alarm

I do not understand your question.

You could ADD an aftermarket alarm to control the door locks, but the body control module is the factory alarm system.
Old 04-07-2017, 09:36 AM
Teching In

The body control module IS the factory alarm

I do not understand your question.

You could ADD an aftermarket alarm to control the door locks, but the body control module is the factory alarm system.
The new BCM works only if i sets the VATS code like the stock bcm?

If i don 't have the alarm or the remote it will work normally as a stock bcm without the remote/alarm reciver?

the bcm #0953691 have anti-thief (UA06) and my car was born without it.
if i put this new bcm inside it will work normally or the ua06 give me some problem?

I want to know it from a person that have do it.

Last edited by Volcente; 04-07-2017 at 11:13 AM. Reason: ...
Old 04-07-2017, 11:57 AM
TECH Addict

On your driver's side door there should be a bunch of stickers. One of the stickers will have lots of numbers.

Name:  20170407_114803_zpsqeeini8u.jpg
Views: 9037
Size:  212.4 KB

For us spec vehicles there are only two options, the car came with keyless entry which ment it came with the remote and antitheft, or it had manual locks and no remote or alarm

I am not aware if the car needs the alarm to function the body control module. To my knowledge the only physical piece of the alarm is the shock sensor in the trunk cargo area behind the right rear speaker

Last edited by chrysler kid; 04-07-2017 at 12:04 PM.
Old 04-07-2017, 12:08 PM
TECH Addict

Replying again I see your question

I do not believe your 09353681 control module will work on a car that was original with 09353691 module

The 09353681 will not be able to control your power windows or locks
Old 04-07-2017, 12:14 PM
Teching In

Replying again I see your question

I do not believe your 09353681 control module will work on a car that was original with 09353691 module

The 09353681 will not be able to control your power windows or locks
My friend sorry for my english but I dont explain well.

Now inside my CAMARO there is 09353681 bcm,this is the original bcm, and I want to put a REMAN BCM 09353691 that support remotes and have anti-theft.

I want to know if it works if i dont use the anti theft... i dont have shock sensor for example.

this is the question.

Last edited by Volcente; 04-07-2017 at 12:16 PM. Reason: ...
Old 04-07-2017, 12:57 PM
TECH Addict

I can not directly say.

If your car did not come with optional alarm, I believe it still came with the harness to plug one in. So you should be able to use that module without any problems

The best information I can find about what is needed to run the vehicle is found in this link. The original thread creator is removing wires from his race car and is trying to find what body control wires he needs to keep on his car, so that that car will still run

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...1-harness.html

Wiring needed to run the vehicle

Last edited by chrysler kid; 04-07-2017 at 01:03 PM.
Old 04-07-2017, 01:15 PM
TECH Addict

What I'm not sure of, does the key for your car, when it was new, does it have a chip in the key?

If your original does not have a chip you would need to have a new key made, and a new ignition cylinder, to install a new antitheft chip ignition key to start the car

Second pin info on the body control module

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00

Green Connector
A TAN Driver Door Unlock
B GRY Lock All Output
C RED/BLK Lock All Input
D ORN/BLK Unlock All Input
E GRY/BLK Passenger Door Unlock
F -- Not Used

Black Connector
A BLK Ground
B ORN Battery Positive Voltage
C DK BLU Retained Accessory Power (RAP)
D BRN Accessory Positive Voltage
E DK BLU/WHT Courtesy Lamps Feed
F RED Battery Positive Voltage

Blue Connector
C1 BLK Ground
C2 PPL/WHT Ignition Key Resistor Return
C3 -- Not Used
C4 PPL/WHT Fasten Seat Belt Indicator Control
C5 DK GRN Starter Enable (V6 VIN K)
C6 DK GRN/WHT Vehicle Speed Input (Gulf States)
C7 GRY Interior Lamps Command Input
C8 BLK/WHT Park Lamps Relay Control (Domestic)
C8 YEL Rear Fog Lamp Relay Control (Europe)
C9 BLK Horn Relay Control
C10 -- Not Used
C11 YEL/BLK Starter Relay Control (Domestic)
C12 GRY Security Indicator Lamp Control
C13 BLK/WHT Seat Belt Switch Signal
C14 LT GRN Ignition Key Signal
C15 -- Not Used
C16 DK GRN Security LED Control

D1 WHT Courtesy Lamps Return
D2 LT BLU Shock Sensor Tamper Input
D3 BLK/WHT Rear Compartment Lid Release Signal
D4 BRN Rear Compartment Lid Release Relay Control
D5 PNK Ignition Positive Voltage
D6 YEL Program Input
D7 WHT/BLK Ignition Key Resistor Feed
D8 DK BLU Fuel Enable
D9 LT BLU Rear Fog Lamp Request (Europe)
D10 -- Not Used
D11 GRY/BLK Driver Door Open Input
D12 BLK/WHT Passenger Door Input
D13 ORN/BLK Rear Compartment Lid Ajar Input
D14 LT GRN Shock Sensor Shock Input (Domestic)
D14 BLK Ground (Europe)
D15 BRN Park Lamps Feed
D16 -- Not Used

Pin number C11 is what confuses me. It says starter relay (domestic only)
Old 04-07-2017, 01:29 PM
Teching In

I have an 1999 export Model for Europe

I have the VATS code on the ignition key, I have the power locks and i have the power windows.
Old 04-07-2017, 01:45 PM

What's up everybody, I'm Edoardo, a friend of Volcente...same V6 Camaro, MY 1998, European export vehicle sold and registered in Italy.

So, I've noticed that you guys don't refer to cars with power locks BUT without the remote control...well, our cars work like that, we don't even have power trunk release. Answering a question asked before, our ignition keys are PasskeyII type, and this is the only antitheft measure in our cars, no alarms, nothing, just the key acting as the immobilizer.

My friend here can't explain himself really well, so I ask this question for him and for me because he want to fit the #09353691 module instead of the original #09353681:

we don't know if we have antitheft relay and other relay behind the glove box, such as the trunk release relay, but I'm sure we have at least a preset (cables, connectors and such),so will the #09353691 module work if we do not have any of these relays around? Or maybe the key and the built-in alarm are two separate things, so as long as the BCM recognize the ignition key there'll be no problem at all, even if we don't want accessories like alarm or the remote control? We're concerned because on European cars this "technology" will interfere with the car itself, causing severe malfunction.

I hope I'm explaining myself better than my fella...thanks in advance for any reply! Ciao!

Last edited by EBLC; 04-07-2017 at 02:06 PM.
Old 04-07-2017, 07:44 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by EBLC
What's up everybody, I'm Edoardo, a friend of Volcente...same V6 Camaro, MY 1998, European export vehicle sold and registered in Italy.

So, I've noticed that you guys don't refer to cars with power locks BUT without the remote control...well, our cars work like that, we don't even have power trunk release. Answering a question asked before, our ignition keys are PasskeyII type, and this is the only antitheft measure in our cars, no alarms, nothing, just the key acting as the immobilizer.
The vehicle alarm system is separate from the vehicle pass key. The vehicle alarm will not interfere with any vehicle operations
My friend here can't explain himself really well, so I ask this question for him and for me because he want to fit the #09353691 module instead of the original #09353681:

we don't know if we have antitheft relay and other relay behind the glove box, such as the trunk release relay, but I'm sure we have at least a preset (cables, connectors and such),so will the #09353691 module work if we do not have any of these relays around?
The alarm only functions to sound the horn and flash the vehicles lights when the door is opened without using a keyless entry remote if the alarm is set to active. To disable the alarm my factory owners manual states "once the vehicles key is placed into the igniton and placed into the run position the alarm will turn off if it has been activated.

Or maybe the key and the built-in alarm are two separate things, so as long as the BCM recognize the ignition key there'll be no problem at all,
Correct. It appears you can disable the alarm functions completely by following this procedure in the owners manual

even if we don't want accessories like alarm or the remote control?
We're concerned because on European cars this "technology" will interfere with the car itself, causing severe malfunction.

I hope I'm explaining myself better than my fella...thanks in advance for any reply! Ciao!
The alarms only purpose is to flash the lights and sound the horn.

I see no reason why the vehicle would have any problems with the alarm body control module.

Many many many of these camaros and trans ams function properly with the alarm system body control module, with all of the alarm components removed from the vehicle

Last edited by chrysler kid; 04-07-2017 at 08:49 PM.
Old 04-08-2017, 03:21 AM

I see no reason why the vehicle would have any problems with the alarm body control module.
Well, we were concerned because, like I was saying, our crappy European cars ignition and alarm systems DO "talk" with each other, acting as a coupled inseparable immobilizer.

Now you answered all our questions and made clear a lot of things, so we're absolutely good! Thank you for your reply and crystal clear explanations, appreciate it!

Quick Reply: New Body Control Module