Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Most Recent Detail by Seven Detailing - v.STI that's seen better days...

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 02:52 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Most Recent Detail by Seven Detailing - v.STI that's seen better days...

I'll start off by saying this isn't as good as some of my previous work listed here because of a couple factors...
-Car has way more non-fixable damage like rock chips, and (believe it or not) BB gun imprints and 60k hard miles in less than 2.5 years.
-I took the pics, previous thread others took the pics and admittedly I'm not as well with the camera
-Daytime pics were overcast

2007 STI with 60k on the clock already. It's owned by a Pharmacist who drives an hour to work every day, needless to say there's a good deal of rock chips peppering the front bumper, and lower front door areas. However the owner told me she loves the car and just wanted it to look clean even with the rock chips, and the (believe it or not) BB gun imprints a couple of body panels have. I did the interior as well but no pics were taken. I was trying to finish the car so there aren't a ton of after pics under the halogens but the reflection pics after the car was finished shows it off well enough I think, rock chips and all haha.

Links to previous work...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...etta-hell.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...evo-black.html

Process

Wash with ONR
Light Clay
Meguiar's 205 with Orange Pad
Optimum Opti-Seal
Collinite's 845 Wax

As it came to me...

After a wash and clay bar... some pics under the lights to show the swirls...

After polishing... First pic shows the hood after it was polished... Next is a 50/50 of the wing that just didn't come out well...

Mid Polish night time artsy-like pics ...

Daytime (overcast :hs Pics of shine and reflection (and I'm sure you'll see the orange peel)...

Old 10-11-2009, 02:52 AM
Launching!

Old 10-11-2009, 01:33 PM
TECH Addict

i see a C5! im assuming its ur vette from ur sig. Good work on the STi and good for her to DD a fun car
Old 10-11-2009, 01:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Any pics of the owner? lol. I always see Subaru owners bitching about the factory paint being thin on their forums, can you tell if that might be true from detailing it?
Old 10-11-2009, 08:35 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by unSStoppable
i see a C5! im assuming its ur vette from ur sig. Good work on the STi and good for her to DD a fun car
Yep thats my C5.
Originally Posted by adam1803
Any pics of the owner? lol. I always see Subaru owners bitching about the factory paint being thin on their forums, can you tell if that might be true from detailing it?
I have no pics of her... no permission if I did lol.
Yes, the factory paint is thin, and pretty easy to mess up.
Mitsu EVO paint is very similar.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice improvement, I don't think it says STI on it enough tho:

lol
Old 10-11-2009, 09:44 PM
Teching In

yeah i dont know about the bottom two sti's
Old 10-12-2009, 01:34 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ahlers
yeah i dont know about the bottom two sti's
Lol, well I figure, the huge (but functional) wing gives away that it's an STI. So I don't see the big deal on it saying it on the foglight covers.
I mean honestly... Camaro SS's say "SS" in 4 places right? (front bumper, rear bumper, each front fender).
STIs only says it in 2 more spots... (on the foglight housing covers).
Just saying... its not like less STI monikers will HIDE that it's an STI.
I will say however, my 06 STI was wingless and only said STI on the front. Someone who owned it previously took the side and rear logos off.... everyone who saw it still knew it was an STI and not a WRX tho.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Location: Born/Raised North East, MD Lived in VA, NC, MI Back in Yorktown, Va
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you give me a debadged dewinged Black or white STi with a set of Black powdercoated OZ rallys and itll make me just as happy as a nasty SS. stis and some amazing cars. little work to them can turn some real nice power. my buddies 05 with intake full exhaust and external wastegate put down 380hp hitting fuel cut. with bigger injectors and better tuning the shop said he should see somewhere around 450 ish.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:37 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1slo_camaro
you give me a debadged dewinged Black or white STi with a set of Black powdercoated OZ rallys and itll make me just as happy as a nasty SS. stis and some amazing cars. little work to them can turn some real nice power. my buddies 05 with intake full exhaust and external wastegate put down 380hp hitting fuel cut. with bigger injectors and better tuning the shop said he should see somewhere around 450 ish.
You would have liked my STI.
Your buddy had to have a turbo upgrade if he was making 380. Bolt on STIs usually make 350whp at most... I know cuz I wanted to make the most I could on mine and with everything and meth injection I was making 350-360whp on pump gas.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Location: Born/Raised North East, MD Lived in VA, NC, MI Back in Yorktown, Va
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nah hes stock turbo. no bullshit. i know someone will call bullshit i really dont care, i know what he has done. and hes stock turbo, either that or the shops dyno is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy off lol. ill find a vid real quick of the dyno pulls.

The dyno he is on bolts to the hubs instead of a treadmill they swore that is more accurate. idk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ks3m...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4W8w...eature=related

Sounds like an exhaust leak or something right off the bat, unsure of what that is

He might get a little made but heres a few races against other stis they all had a little cruise the other day. and im prolly gonna be buying the car off him but hes gonna do injectors and get it retuned before i come pick it up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0tpkr_kYLA

the black STi is full bolt on with a 4 inch ******* exhaust with a very very very very shitty driver. lol. i wish i had a few launch of his car. he babies the damn thing but when its time to run hes a pretty damn good driver

Quick Reply: Most Recent Detail by Seven Detailing - v.STI that's seen better days...