Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 08:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.engine-light-help.com/gm-trouble-codes.html
Old 07-06-2011, 08:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks BMF I will dig around to see whats what! Where did you buy your harness? How much? I am thinking with all the cutting, splicing and relying on a guy to pin this PCM out for me it maybe something there. It was running good and now its getting worse. I love the idea of fuel injection but am getting agravatted because I am unfamiliar with these setups. I will muster on and figure it out but it sure is a pain. The lack of knowledge kills me. Only one way to learn thats to dig in.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah it gets over whelming at time when u run into problems,don't give up u are almost there!!it probably something minor!!I got a harness from street and performance,I think around $800
Old 07-07-2011, 05:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Any progress on figuring out the codes???
Old 07-07-2011, 08:47 PM
10 Second Club

Great job on getting it running! It won't be long before you have these codes and harness figured out.

painless harness: $1050

tuning and working out harness issues $700

Waisting a $50,000 vette, $75,000 cts-v and porsche first time out: priceless

Soon it will all be worth it.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:34 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by bmf5150
Any progress on figuring out the codes???
Nah not yet! I am working on one of them at a time. Trying to eliminate them as I go without spending big bucks on unnessesary items. I am eyeballing a brand new harness though. Custom fit, all wires and connectors are new, wrapped in the aircraft loom for around $450. I am a firm believer in you pay for what you get and right now not counting my labor or cost to repair my harness I am out $650 already. I noticed the voltage at the TPS was high and it will not adjust down any further. I called Professional Products today and was told to flip the TPS over and it would allow me to bring it on down. The throttle body I have has an adjustable mount for the TPS. So I unscrewed it only to find out the TPS will not mount flipped over. Another great customer service that doesnt know jack about their product. At least he spoke English!!! I pulled the TPS off and made sure the sensor was in the closed position and am getting 1.13 volts where it should be .5 volts. So no matter how I adjust it/flip it it just wont go below 1.13v. So tomorrow I will go by and buy another sensor and see whats what. I am getting the 4.5 volts at the sensor at wide open throttle so that end is good. I will take this problem one step at a time and in the process try to learn a thing or two about sensors and their functions. Everything wired in has a purpose and a parameter, its just the unknowing of what that might be thats the hard part. My heads up and we are moving forward! The grin might be temporarily gone but I am sure in time it will be back. Yesterday was a bad day for me and I was so close to ordering the MSD/Edelbrock carb combo its not even funny.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by futureuser
Great job on getting it running! It won't be long before you have these codes and harness figured out.

painless harness: $1050

tuning and working out harness issues $700

Waisting a $50,000 vette, $75,000 cts-v and porsche first time out: priceless

Soon it will all be worth it.
I know you are right on the last part! Glad to hear your having fun with yours and having bragging rights is priceless!!!
Old 07-08-2011, 09:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by tsnow678
Yesterday was a bad day for me and I was so close to ordering the MSD/Edelbrock carb combo its not even funny.
There needs to be a 24 hour help line for people in desperation, where they can get support and encouragement to keep them from hurting themselves. It seems tough now, yes, but it will get better. You've just got to believe in yourself. Please don't hurt yourself. We all care about you deeply. I don't want to pick up the paper tomorrow and find your name. You deserve better out of life. We can help.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:52 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by -TheBandit-
There needs to be a 24 hour help line for people in desperation, where they can get support and encouragement to keep them from hurting themselves. It seems tough now, yes, but it will get better. You've just got to believe in yourself. Please don't hurt yourself. We all care about you deeply. I don't want to pick up the paper tomorrow and find your name. You deserve better out of life. We can help.
LMAO!!! I needed a good laugh. Yeah I know man it was almost suicide at this point in the game. I have crossed over too far to turn back now. It would prolly be cheaper to get rid of the wife than to take a loss on all of the goodies it has taken to get a fuel injected LS engine running. We are at baby steps for the time being and will approach this unit in a whole different manner. Patience is a virtue, one I was born without! As the hair turns grayer and grayer so has my tolerance for stupid things!!!
Old 07-08-2011, 11:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

It never ends mine is up and running but I have a slight leak at where my speedo cable goes into the tail housing of the 4l60e!it's always something!
Old 07-08-2011, 06:32 PM
TECH Addict

I cannot tell you how many times I have wanted to sell my POS over the past 17 years but for some reason I havent. I know the day it leaves my hands it will be missed more than any relative I have or had. Damn that was sort of f'ed up but true. My car is and always will be my baby!!! Pretty much brought her in this world I hope I am in it when it leaves. And if for some reason she goes I hope its in a fireball sooo big you will be able to step outside in Chicago and see it!!!
Old 07-08-2011, 07:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lol,man u are almost there
Old 07-08-2011, 09:04 PM
10 Second Club

Hey look at the bright side: At least when you finish your project, people won't think you're driving a project
Old 07-08-2011, 09:16 PM
TECH Addict

Hey look at the bright side: At least when you finish your project, people won't think you're driving a project
Green means go in my book! You will get more attention than I will. I know you will get more offers to purchase your car than I will also. People look at my car like I bought it like it is not ever bother to ask if I did any of the work. Sort of sucks for those who dont know me. Yours will be as nice or nicer in a few years. I loved it when I could beat around in my car, now I have to worry where I park it, how long will it sit there, will I come out and find people leaning on it, then you have to worry about the ones that follow you around trying to find out where you live. Of course right now noone except for you guys know I even own a Camaro since it hasnt left my garage in a year. I get the response from my coworkers like " I thought you sold that car" I just laugh and think to myself "dont I wish!"
Old 07-08-2011, 09:18 PM
TECH Addict

Hopefully I just fixed all my issues at once! Just ordered a new PCM, wiring harness, fuse block, relays, MAF and the show quality wire wrap all custom fit to my application with no solder joints, all Delco connectors, new wire, red/blue PCM so no DBW conversions here, 3000 degree wire wrap at the crank sensor, all rear exiting, two to three wires to power everything up and it is live fired in house to make sure the PCM and harness meets their critieria. So we will see when I get back from the beach if Santa dropped off some goodies for me. Until then its hopefully blue skies, warm air and sand between my toes!!! Oh and a cold beer in one hand and a titty in the other...
Old 07-08-2011, 10:46 PM
10 Second Club

dont I wish!"
Mine almost got traded for an 86 vw golf once. You'll be glad you didn't soon.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:47 PM
10 Second Club

a cold beer in one hand and a titty in the other...
'Sounds like you've got this problem licked!
Old 07-09-2011, 09:44 AM
TECH Addict

Mine almost got traded for an 86 vw golf once. You'll be glad you didn't soon.
That would have been one of those decisions you could never live down. I traded my first 69 Camaro off for a 75 280Z. My car needed a transmission and a paint job and at 16 years old who has that kind of money. I see that car every now and again and have made several offers to buy it back but this guy is a d-i-c-k!!!
Old 07-09-2011, 11:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

So who did u end up ordering from???
Old 07-09-2011, 12:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by bmf5150
So who did u end up ordering from???
SSPwiring from Arizona. Got the harness custom fit, PCM (flashed to my specs), a new MAF, and fuse/relay wiring, and a pigtail with 6 foot of wire for my back up lights for $615. We will see how this turns out and I will get back with everyone. Hopefully this experience is better than the last. Steve from SSP knew everything I needed right off of the top of his head and even asked me things I didnt think about. Very polite and thorough. He was in the middle of shipping 5 stroked crate engines to South Africa. He explained to me that they have to pay a tax per horsepower similar to Russia and thats why you see 30 and 40 horsepower cars over there. He said a 40 horsepower engine over there cost $500 a year to put it on the road and if you dont pay it you go to prison. So these guys are registering them in other smalller countries and blasting down the road in a 500 hp car. Sounds to me like some bootleggers in South Africa!!! The good ol Duke boys have done moved to Africa, whats the world coming to?

Quick Reply: LQ4/T56 into my 69 Camaro