Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

TVS 2300 on built LS3 with stroker crank - Any ideas on how much boost we'll see?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 10:04 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Py8fcjeqnc
Here is a short video that we took this morning with the Hummer. Bob
Old 06-25-2009, 10:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Py8fcjeqnc
Here is a short video that we took this morning with the Hummer. Bob
Hot damn!

What do the IAT's look like after you have been driving it for awhile?
Old 06-25-2009, 04:05 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 94 slow
Hot damn!

What do the IAT's look like after you have been driving it for awhile?
The water to air intercooler doesn't get too hot, but the iat's last night at the track were high. I'll check to see exactly what they were.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9VuE4LS3Ac
Here is a video of the Hummer launching in our parking lot. Bob
Old 06-25-2009, 08:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Haha that is quite a sight. It's a little strange seeing a vehicle that big with so much bite. It sounds really mean, too.

We need to see a video of a launch where you have some more room!

-Dave

The water to air intercooler doesn't get too hot, but the iat's last night at the track were high. I'll check to see exactly what they were.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9VuE4LS3Ac
Here is a video of the Hummer launching in our parking lot. Bob
Old 07-01-2009, 03:47 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by FastKat
Haha that is quite a sight. It's a little strange seeing a vehicle that big with so much bite. It sounds really mean, too.

We need to see a video of a launch where you have some more room!

-Dave
Here you go, this video is from the dragstrip. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZydN6b6h3bk

I want to thank Steve Verplank for taking the video, and taking the time to mail a copy of it to me after he e-mailed it to us and we couldn't open it.
Thanks Steve! Bob
Old 07-01-2009, 05:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Glad to help out Bob.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 188 Likes on 113 Posts

I wonder if the little car next to you was worried about getting eaten alive! Sheeeeeeze. Something that big moving that fast has to be a little intimidating.
Old 07-02-2009, 04:53 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BLNLS1/RX7
Glad to help out Bob.
Thanks again, I'm glad you got video of the Hummer at the track.

Originally Posted by old motorhead
I wonder if the little car next to you was worried about getting eaten alive! Sheeeeeeze. Something that big moving that fast has to be a little intimidating.
Possibly. lol Bob
Old 07-02-2009, 08:12 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

This Hummer is for sale:
$65,000.00 Complete, this is a seal at this price! A lot of money has been spent on this Hummer, the customer's loss could be your gain! Bob
Old 07-03-2009, 01:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

This Hummer is for sale:
$65,000.00 Complete, this is a seal at this price! A lot of money has been spent on this Hummer, the customer's loss could be your gain! Bob
Bob,If you can get it to run in the 10"s you might have a buyer.
Old 07-03-2009, 06:15 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by BLNLS1/RX7
Bob,If you can get it to run in the 10"s you might have a buyer.

Hmm, maybe we could mount a rocker engine to the top of it. The curb weight is listed at 6614 lb, and that would be without the Magnacharger that we added to it. Bob
Old 07-03-2009, 06:41 PM
TECH Resident

jesus. All that effort, and the original owner\customer is selling it??!!? Wow, what a shame.
i really hope you guys didnt\dont lose money on this thing. If you cant get your money's worth out of it selling it, i would highly suggest you keep it and turn it into a company show car, a demo vehicle, or perhaps your personal family vehicle and try to write offf as much as possible on your taxes as a business expense, advertising, etc.

I tell you one thing, a modded, super-charged stroker hummer running in the 11's or 12's is certainly eye catching and memorable.
Old 07-04-2009, 10:48 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Put a 47-88 on it and it will run 10's!!! hahaha.
Old 07-05-2009, 05:05 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Johny GTO
jesus. All that effort, and the original owner\customer is selling it??!!? Wow, what a shame.
i really hope you guys didnt\dont lose money on this thing. If you cant get your money's worth out of it selling it, i would highly suggest you keep it and turn it into a company show car, a demo vehicle, or perhaps your personal family vehicle and try to write offf as much as possible on your taxes as a business expense, advertising, etc.

I tell you one thing, a modded, super-charged stroker hummer running in the 11's or 12's is certainly eye catching and memorable.
We're upside down right now by about 5k of our own money and time in it. Not a lot of money considering what went into this Hummer, but it's enough to keep me awake at night.

Originally Posted by hellbents10
Put a 47-88 on it and it will run 10's!!! hahaha.
Hmm, I was thinking it would be easier just to remove the Hummer body, sort of like Hot Rod Magazine did about 20 years ago with the Cadillac that they ran at the track. lol Bob
Old 07-05-2009, 06:25 PM
TECH Resident

i dont mean to pry, so if it is something you dont want to talk about i understand...

What is the story witht his hummer? Someone payed you to build it, then bailed or something?
Old 07-07-2009, 05:41 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Johny GTO
i dont mean to pry, so if it is something you dont want to talk about i understand...

What is the story witht his hummer? Someone payed you to build it, then bailed or something?
We built this Hummer for a business in Saudi Arabia for one of their customers. Their customer bailed on them, because he was upset that it was taking so long for Magnacharger to get us a blower that would make the boost we were looking for. Some people don't have the patience and appreciation that is required to bring an undertaking such as this along. They already gave their customer all of his money back, including the cost of the Hummer they bought on his behalf. If this Hummer can get sold over here, it will save this business thousands of dollars in shipping cost. Bob
Old 07-07-2009, 09:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We built this Hummer for a business in Saudi Arabia for one of their customers. Their customer bailed on them, because he was upset that it was taking so long for Magnacharger to get us a blower that would make the boost we were looking for. Some people don't have the patience and appreciation that is required to bring an undertaking such as this along. They already gave their customer all of his money back, including the cost of the Hummer they bought on his behalf. If this Hummer can get sold over here, it will save this business thousands of dollars in shipping cost. Bob
I wish that we could do this in America. I would buy a ZR1 and have someone build a NHRA Rocket engine and say "Psyche". I was just kiddin, you guys sell it now.

Jerk
Old 07-07-2009, 11:30 AM
TECH Resident

seriously. that is pretty messed up. The only reason i could see for that would be if the saudi company told the customer it would be ready in 1 week, and then took 3 months.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:39 AM
TECH Resident

i feel your pain bob-

but i have come across some customers that just don't understand has their pocket has more money then brains.........................and they just cant wait for some unknown reason

Maybe its a sickness............
Old 07-08-2009, 05:41 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by njc.corp
i feel your pain bob-

but i have come across some customers that just don't understand has their pocket has more money then brains.........................and they just cant wait for some unknown reason

Maybe its a sickness............

Thanks. We can't afford to do anymore with this Hummer for the time being, Left Coast is talking about coming up with some pulleys that offer more grip, possibly we'll try them in the future if the truck doesn't sell as is. Bob

Quick Reply: TVS 2300 on built LS3 with stroker crank - Any ideas on how much boost we'll see?