Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Fireball Outlaw Drag Radial Rebuild Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 08:40 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

If working in your garage is anything like working in my garage, then you probably lost 5-10lbs worth of sweat today as well. As least I did this past week working out there at night. Looks good Bryan.... so when are we heading down to Va Speed to get your motor?
Old 07-19-2010, 05:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
If working in your garage is anything like working in my garage, then you probably lost 5-10lbs worth of sweat today as well. As least I did this past week working out there at night. Looks good Bryan.... so when are we heading down to Va Speed to get your motor?
yeah...the heat/humidity definately sucked

I'll be going down when its done
Old 07-19-2010, 09:14 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I've been working on finishing my garage off since father's day.. wiring, insulation, sheet rock, mudding, taping, texture on the ceiling, paint.... I'm ALMOST done LOL. Just have to put the light fixtures back up, plug covers on, and touch up the trim one more time and it's finished... just have to put everything back in, get some new shelves too.

It's been retarded working on this stuff in this heat that's for sure... but I do have an a/c out there now It's no central air, but a 9000 BTU unit does a decent job of knocking the heat and humidity out of the room. It was 96 outside my garage in the shade yesterday, and even with the paint drying (creating alot of humidity) it was only 80 in the garage... not great, but it's certainly better.

This morning it was 74 outside @ my house... I went in the garage to see what the paint looked like after having a night to dry, and the a/c was off, I had it set down to 68 and it was 68 in there... so it's working. Now, just have to get Subarubill over this fall to put some heat in, and then I can work all year round.. maybe actually make some progress on my sled, maybe enough so I can post some pictures on here someday
Old 07-19-2010, 09:52 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

My garage is attatched, and insulated, but I don't have heat or a/c, YET. I'm tempted to do that, but I'm sure there are other things to take care of first.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:53 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I have a 24x24 detatched.. it's not huge, but enough room to do what I need to. Now that it's finshed... I can work in the winter once the heater's in and not have to deal with picking up tools that are frozen, workign on frozen parts, etc. Summer time like now, it's not gonna be an icebox, but it's a hell of alot better then nothing that's for sure.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:55 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You guys are lucky then because my garage is the first floor of my town home. I had to knock a wall out to fit a second car in there and it still barely fits. The only air conditioning I have is opening the garage door and the entrance door on the other side. Thankfully, my garage door faces the east and I'm a block from the ocean. Most of the time it blows North-East, but when it blows out of the west I won't even go in there. The AC upstairs doesn't work correctly either so it stays about 87* inside during the day and drops to around 82-83* at night.

West side of my house:

Enjoy your cool weather...
Old 07-20-2010, 05:52 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
You guys are lucky then because my garage is the first floor of my town home. I had to knock a wall out to fit a second car in there and it still barely fits. The only air conditioning I have is opening the garage door and the entrance door on the other side. Thankfully, my garage door faces the east and I'm a block from the ocean. Most of the time it blows North-East, but when it blows out of the west I won't even go in there. The AC upstairs doesn't work correctly either so it stays about 87* inside during the day and drops to around 82-83* at night.

West side of my house:

Enjoy your cool weather...
It's been just as hot up here in the Tri-State area this summer. In July, we've had 12 of the first 18 days above 90 degrees and the humidity has been there as well. The difference is we also get really cold winters as well. So we get the full impact of both seasons.

I made the mistake of pulling the t/a in the garage yesterday after driving it to work and back, and I then closed the door and went inside the house. I came back out 15 minutes later and it was 110 degrees in the garage. I guess the R-35 I put in the ceiling last year helped because it was a sauna in there.

Back to the subject at hand... Bryans race car... any new body pics Bryan? What color scheme are you going to go with?
Old 07-20-2010, 06:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Back to the subject at hand... Bryans race car... any new body pics Bryan? What color scheme are you going to go with?
Nothing new to post about the body....I'm trying to get the car rolling again (sent my afcos out yesterday for rebuild/revalve) and about 2wks until I get new axles...

we painted all my rear suspension components and front upper a-arms with the rustoleum hammered paint (will do the kmember and lower a-arms when I pull the motor). I hope to finish the rear housing tomorrow (need to finish my LCA brackets and get them welded on). then I'll paint the housing with the hammered too...

For color scheme...going with a single color using Summit racing's new base/clear paint line (hey its cheap and supposedly a decent paint). I've shot PPG and Dupont paints in the past, so we'll see how this stuff is...but getting all the required material for ~600 is hard to pass up Going with this color (I have the actual color chip and its heavily metallic). That color (ironically called carbon fiber metallic) looks pretty good against the natural carbon fiber wing.

Old 07-20-2010, 06:14 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Nice, it looks like a slightly darker version of the light pewter metallic factory color. I've always said if I ever repainted my car, I'd stay pewter metallic, but would go slightly darker. Very nice.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Nice, it looks like a slightly darker version of the light pewter metallic factory color. I've always said if I ever repainted my car, I'd stay pewter metallic, but would go slightly darker. Very nice.
its definately darker...
Old 07-20-2010, 02:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Color reminds me more of cyber grey
sick color
Old 07-21-2010, 12:25 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

I know it was a long time ago, but what ever happened to the GTO orange color?
Old 07-21-2010, 04:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
I know it was a long time ago, but what ever happened to the GTO orange color?
900/gallon
Old 07-21-2010, 03:33 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Originally Posted by Fireball
900/gallon
PFFTTT... You're made of money. Why not just wrap the car in 24 carat gold.
http://www.vividracing.com/blog/rand...i-in-progress/
Old 07-21-2010, 05:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

worked on it for about an hour....too f'n hot outside

welded on the two sides of the passenger LCA bracket...just need to weld up on the inside and install the rear plate cap.

Old 07-21-2010, 07:56 PM
8 Second Club

The set of Strange 40 splines for my car took around 4 weeks to get. The last set I got for Cookie Monsters car, took a little over 2 weeks.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:30 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

I could be wrong, but judging by the sizing or so those LCA spacers look like the same sizish of Wolfe's. My LCA mounts are now very narrow and barely allow for any movement. Are you planning on running the spacers offset all the way like that or centering the rod end between two spacers? I simply ask in reference to the end possibly binding.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

those are wolfe LCAs. keeping them fully offset to maximize tire clearance....they were really close before so I pulled the LCA brackets closer inboard this time.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:16 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Originally Posted by Fireball
those are wolfe LCAs. keeping them fully offset to maximize tire clearance....they were really close before so I pulled the LCA brackets closer inboard this time.
I have the same LCAs that's why they looked familiar. I'd have to look at mine again, but I think they are closer than yours are. I haven't looked at them in a while, but I couldn't fit the full sized spacer wolfe provides into the LCA mount. I was thinking of making two smaller spacers and centering the rod end so it won't bind.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

I had to cut one down on my old bracket since it was narrower...I just made this bracket so it would fit what I had. I don't have alot of room to work with since I run a tucked 315 tire

Quick Reply: Fireball Outlaw Drag Radial Rebuild Thread