Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Fireball Outlaw Drag Radial Rebuild Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 02:38 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You're light years ahead of me on working on the car. I'm still trying to figure out all the details. My rear is narrowed 5.5 per side, has narrower LCA and PHR mounts. I'm planning on the 315/60/15s also on a 15x12 4 / possibly 3.5 BS. How much is your rear end narrowd and what BS are you running? I'm trying to figure out how much you've moved the tires in from a relatively stock width.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
You're light years ahead of me on working on the car. I'm still trying to figure out all the details. My rear is narrowed 5.5 per side, has narrower LCA and PHR mounts. I'm planning on the 315/60/15s also on a 15x12 4 / possibly 3.5 BS. How much is your rear end narrowd and what BS are you running? I'm trying to figure out how much you've moved the tires in from a relatively stock width.
3 3/4 per side but I use big ford housing ends which have a shorter axle stickout...so the rear is effectively narrowed ~4.2" per side. I'm using a 15x10x5BS
Old 07-25-2010, 12:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

99% finished with the rear housing...ran out argon so I still have to weld on one brake line tab...but its painted with exception for a small area so I can weld that tab on the back of the passenger LCA bracket.

Just need to install my 3.40 gearset in the 3rd member and once I do that and my axles arrive...I'll final assemble the rear end.

Last edited by Fireball; 07-25-2010 at 01:33 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

^^^lol, damn that thing looks crowded. came out clean though, i like that color. why not just use hose clamps to hold down the brake lines?
Old 07-26-2010, 05:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by CarsandWomen
^^^lol, damn that thing looks crowded. came out clean though, i like that color. why not just use hose clamps to hold down the brake lines?

I use loop clamps to hold them across the back brace. The tabs are where they go from hardline to flex line (at the calipers)
Old 07-26-2010, 09:27 AM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by Fireball
I use loop clamps to hold them across the back brace. The tabs are where they go from hardline to flex line (at the calipers)
flex line on the brakes is a must... saves some time later for sure.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:50 AM
7 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

99% finished with the rear housing...ran out argon so I still have to weld on one brake line tab...but its painted with exception for a small area so I can weld that tab on the back of the passenger LCA bracket.

Just need to install my 3.40 gearset in the 3rd member and once I do that and my axles arrive...I'll final assemble the rear end.
Looks good, just make sure you give it ample time to dry. I let mine dry over night, rotated it and put it on paper towels on jackstands. Well overnight wasn't enough time.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Phil99vette
Looks good, just make sure you give it ample time to dry. I let mine dry over night, rotated it and put it on paper towels on jackstands. Well overnight wasn't enough time.
yup...letting it sit for a week since I don't have the other parts I need...

I did weld on the brake tab last night...cleaned up the area and painted that spot.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:00 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil99vette
Humidity this time of year makes all that kind of stuff take forever to dry. I just painted my garage... the paint took about 3 times as long as normal latex takes.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Rustoleum Hammered takes several days to dry fully...after 4 hours of dry time, you aren't supposed to recoat for 7 days...
Old 07-27-2010, 10:47 AM
Race your car!

Makes it even worse. I'm not surprised though, when the paint dries hard like that stuff does it's bound to take a while.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Other than some paint, the floors are done. made a few patch panels welded everything in and seam sealed the joints...

Old 08-05-2010, 04:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

hey man sorry for asking you this questions but i realy need 1 of this... 24-tooth external crank wheel and grounded sensor you have in your engine, where exactly did you get this parts ive been looking for them but i havent find any... same as your thanks.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by mike06tork
hey man sorry for asking you this questions but i realy need 1 of this... 24-tooth external crank wheel and grounded sensor you have in your engine, where exactly did you get this parts ive been looking for them but i havent find any... same as your thanks.

the wheel and sensor are made by BS3. Can order from any BS3 vendor. Va
Speed made the mount for the sensor for me that bolts where the alternator went.
Old 08-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Race your car!

Car looks great Brian. Wanna do mine

Seriously, for a guy that's not a chassis fab person by trade, you've done a hell of a job on the whole thing. That's a serious undertaking that you've done, and it's come out great. Makes me want to buy a welder and just start cutting
Old 08-06-2010, 07:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Car looks great Brian. Wanna do mine

Seriously, for a guy that's not a chassis fab person by trade, you've done a hell of a job on the whole thing. That's a serious undertaking that you've done, and it's come out great. Makes me want to buy a welder and just start cutting

you'll be surprised at how quick you learn...

well...I suppose I'll be tackling how to mount the hood this weekend... I need to get that on for good so I can figure out mounts for the headlight covers and other front-end parts.

Last edited by Fireball; 08-06-2010 at 07:37 AM.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

you'll be surprised at how quick you learn...

well...I suppose I'll be tackling how to mount the hood this weekend... I need to get that on for good so I can figure out mounts for the headlight covers and other front-end parts.
where did you start? the SFI book?
Old 08-06-2010, 08:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by CarsandWomen
where did you start? the SFI book?
I've hung around chassis shops so I've learned some stuff in the past. the SFI book is the blueprint...
Old 08-06-2010, 09:55 AM
Race your car!

Believe me, I'm starting to think about it. I need to talk to DMH, see what he can come up with for a price, then go from there. Some of the stuff I'm gonna try to do anyway, the cutting portion, I just need to talk to him first about what not to cut out, for the rigidity of the chassis while bringing it there, that sort of thing. All small details.

If I can get a welder though... I'll see what I can do about borrowing a tubing bender (know someone with one), and I'll buy a notcher, and a benchtop sander to prep tubing up, and start trying to do some stuff on the table. If that goes well.... then I may give it a shot.

Maybe I can get lucky and find someone in CT that's got a hack project that they'r trying to throw together on the WAY cheap and learn with that... that would be great. Just charge for material and supplies, and make no promise that it will look good

Wish you were closer, be nice to have someone to give good direction to the process... biggest thing I don't really feel comfortable with, is where to start.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Just got good news from MADMAN

All my AFCO shocks are rebuilt and revalved for serious power
new strange axles are also done and on the way

Quick Reply: Fireball Outlaw Drag Radial Rebuild Thread