Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Pics of LS1 F-Body with roots style blower mounted

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 10:52 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The bigger one called heat exchanger was changed to a larger size by Magna!
You are right with the statement only one IC!

The IC is way too small and the even the bigger Heat Ex they now sell with the kit for the GTO is..........
Old 05-21-2005, 04:07 AM
Launching!

01camarosspower??????????????
Roots Blower Is Coming!!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...82#post2944982

It would be nice to come in here again and just for the stats clear who you are?
Mister HP?
Is this a name change cause till today ( 6 month later!) no 4th gen Blower Kit from YOU?

By : Nine Ball
If you ever get to compare the dyno graph of a 500 rwhp roots blower with that of a 500 rwhp centrifugal blower, the roots kicks its butt all across the power band, especially in torque
>>>>>>>>>>>( why would Nine Ball come in here to poker? His ride and the FACTS at PHR Magazine!)

By : Evil F1 SS
The twin screw's would make more power at the same boost with less heat. So even at 500 rwhp there would be less heat and the motor would last longer
>>>>>>>>>>( must have been to the Kenny Bell website...lol...reading the “truth” about a R O O T S ! )

By : Cat3
John, seems to have been lost in the sauce, but thanks for the pics man. Now we see what its looking like, and the IC will be the production line (barring debate of which is better and why in Everyones HO) next major question is price.

By : 01camarosspower
Hoping for around 500-550 RWHP and about the same torque.???????????
>>>>>>>>>>>>>Its been done see Nine ***** car!

By : PilotMan
You guys might want to read the GTO Maggie complaints. Go check out LS1GTO.com and read the info there. Magnuson had some heat soak problems to begin with. Guys were running 14s with their $7,000 kits and weren't too happy about it
>>>>>>>>>>>get the facts!The GTO Kit was updated several times now!
I am with you on the price ......7000$ <<<<< ???????????????

By : gator's 99TA
people like the instant tq of the roots blowers. but i also think that many people will be disapointed in the very limited (when comparing to aggressive h/c package). it wont even be close to the power the centrifugal blowers make.
>>>>>>>>>>>I havent seen any 3,3 Lysholm on a LS1 maybe you can help me out ...should be funny to see this 3,3
Lysholm at 30psi (talking about aggressive kits) raping a ATI
KB little 2,4 little Boy pumped out 700HP on a lame Cobra engine......ooopppss!

Compare a F1R to a little Magna 112????PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Old 05-24-2005, 11:23 PM
FormerVendor

Take it easy hybrid, like I keep saying , we're making a complete, trouble free kit, and it takes time to cover all of the bases.

Now it looks like someone else is trying the same thing, and I say more power to them! To be honest, I can't believe we're the only two that have seriously tried this since the LSX Eaton kits became popular.

Everybody can argue RWHP, and this and that untill they turn blue, but the fact is, this will be a nice, easy kit that makes plenty of low end torque, and is as trouble free as a new set of valve caps!
Old 05-24-2005, 11:30 PM
Restricted User

I'd like a Lysholm 3.3 plz Of course it has to be able to fit somehow with the F Body..
Old 05-25-2005, 02:27 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CAT3
I'd like a Lysholm 3.3 plz Of course it has to be able to fit somehow with the F Body..
....How about a 6/71 with larger IC and plssss under the hood

HP i love to push the INDUSTRY.....
Old 05-25-2005, 07:19 AM
FormerVendor

That's cool Hybrid, I fully understand, somebody has to do it

Stay tuned
Old 05-25-2005, 06:34 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mister hp what is the time frame you are looking at for this kit to be ready ?

warren
Old 05-26-2005, 07:21 AM
FormerVendor

WildTA,

I have everything figured out, and sourced, so as soon as I get my car back together and get it to the track to get some performance results I will be ready to post all of the specific details, power level, exact price, ETC.
Our website should be ready very soon as well.

Hopefully within the next month this should be readily available to anyone that wants one.
Old 05-26-2005, 09:20 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by LS1 Hybrid Magna
....How about a 6/71 with larger IC and plssss under the hood

HP i love to push the INDUSTRY.....

So you;ve figured out how to fit one under the hood, mind you its a 2" cowl hood ??? See, I like different approachs to old problems...how to get more in less space!
Old 05-27-2005, 09:21 AM
Launching!

Cat3 ...no need for me to cry.......the Screw is going on a LS1 3rd gen Hybrid Camaro i dont give a D... how high the sucker will stick out..(far less than the engine that we pulled :Tunnelram with large 3 blade Bug catcher)
but we have some members that:
dont wanna cut anything
only want a 112m eaton
need a kit cause they have two left hands

there is a manifold maker in Aus but with import taxes ,custom fees and shipping this thing will be sensless expensive....

we only need the the maggie lower intake and the rest will be fabbed....

again as postet before ...to fit a maggie in a 4th gen:

special motormounts
special K-member
dry sump...?
different headers! custom made for ground clearence...

ad all this up and we are again at the Poll station:

6000$ or lets say 5000$ for a maggie??????????
Trash this $$$$$$$$$$$ into a only motor attempt and youll rape the maggie on the 1/4 but will not have the sound.....BLINK ...etc....

Its like which church are you in?

There is no way to poll this!

Still i woul love to see a LSx build with a 3,3 on top go at a F1^R----i would not bet on this race......!!!!

After 24000 post to this thread...nobody will spend 5000$ on a kit kit when most of those "Streeters" hate cutting stuff!
The Industry is looking at the (ex hot kit) maggie GTO kit and the IC probs and the user is thinking twice where to spend 5000$ for what on the motor.....!!!!!!!!!!!

When the Burn out started Magnousen could have charged 5700$ for a 4th gen kit..........while staging two other parties are crafting a kit......now that the first smoke clears up and the topic went thru different websites...people are getting picky....!
The CEO Vette drivers and MAMI/DADDY GTO owners were easy to satisfy
but the Fbody Gang is a hard bunch to be pleased....the first "new" kits be better some good performers......!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-27-2005, 01:32 PM
Restricted User

Yep, I have contacted the Starr Performance guys for a lower intake and machining for a billet adapter to slide the 3,3 forward and allow for IC. Prices arent something to scoff at, but I havent done a single mod yet that netted excellent results that didnt cost. So...infancy in auto performance!
Old 05-28-2005, 09:13 AM
Launching!

......... but I havent done a single mod yet that netted excellent results that didnt cost. So...infancy in auto performance!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>i feel ya ...lol!
shoot me a mail about the $$$$ quote for the intake
Old 05-28-2005, 06:17 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LS1 Hybrid Magna
Cat3 ...no need for me to cry.......the Screw is going on a LS1 3rd gen Hybrid Camaro i dont give a D... how high the sucker will stick out..(far less than the engine that we pulled :Tunnelram with large 3 blade Bug catcher)
but we have some members that:
dont wanna cut anything
only want a 112m eaton
need a kit cause they have two left hands
I dont fully understand the generation divisions yet.. but if you are talking pre 93, then a few have already done a roots on the LS1 with a Magna. Speartech owner, John, has a truck Magnacharger on his.

Why wont someone publish some pricing and get this going? Or at least get a car running and proce its worth. You, I think it was, sent me an email saying the car "should be running in a month or so" about a month back. I myself would be happy with a M112 or similar with a 8lb setup with sandwiched I/C.
Old 05-29-2005, 12:08 AM
Launching!

I called up Magnasum again to see if there was any new news, and nothing new-except they do seem intent on coming out with a kit-the guy said they know what they have to do to make it work-which is make the unit slightly lower to fit under the cowl, and said it won't sacrifice any power as it will still be the 112 unit. He was not sure if they will have an intercooler on it, but do want to include one. He also said its on their to-do list, but have other projects at the moment that need to be worked on, and that they would like some type of kit out before the end of the year. He told me to keep an eye on the website for any news of its coming-far as price he said it would be cheaper than the corvette kit as that kit has lots of extra parts that specific to the corvette. He thought the f-body kit would be priced more along the lines of one of their truck kits-priced around 5k or less.
Old 05-29-2005, 12:17 AM
TECH Resident

sweet
Old 05-29-2005, 03:18 PM
Staging Lane

The MAGNA BOMB has hit! If anyone was at the f body gathering in atlanta did you see the charged z? Look at the thread Roots blower is coming. Hopefully should have some pics up soon thanks to a couple of guys that came by and looked at the car. I did not get a chance to dyno it but and trying to get it done this week.
Old 05-30-2005, 12:49 AM
FormerVendor

Congrats on yours! what kind of gains do you think your going to see? did you have much chance to run it, or just cruise it to the show?
Yours looks like its similar to the GTO unit, it will be interesting to see how it works. I like your air intake box too, Any more info available?
Old 05-30-2005, 04:18 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BrandonSS
I dont fully understand the generation divisions yet.. but if you are talking pre 93, then a few have already done a roots on the LS1 with a Magna. Speartech owner, John, has a truck Magnacharger on his.

Why wont someone publish some pricing and get this going? Or at least get a car running and proce its worth. You, I think it was, sent me an email saying the car "should be running in a month or so" about a month back. I myself would be happy with a M112 or similar with a 8lb setup with sandwiched I/C.

Brandon ! The First Blower swap car we will be doing will be a Camaro 3rd gen (1982-1992)
as you posted correct Hawk and LS1 Tech Sponsor Speartech both have a Magna on their 3rd gen shop cars!
Fitting a magna under a 3rd gen is no prob at all as long as you stay away from the Radix unit Speartech used ...then you just ad another hood from the 1000000 hood styles avail. for the 3rd gen cars!

We do have 4th gen members in our club as postet in the other thread that dont wanna cut and want a full kit ....hope this clears the confusion!

You are wondering about no prices and no real data from both non LS1 Tech sponsor blower kit makers????
This is easy:
This thread started as "a lets see who needs what" and from the feedback of the members we´ll make a Kit and jump on the market before Magnacharger themself "wake up"!
This Thread turned into moneymaker and turned half way into a debate of
1. is the m112 the right blower
2. is the IC and Heat Ex big enough
3. looked at the Magnacharger GTO Kit problems
4. price talk broke out and people went to compare the 6000$ against a real only head/cam motor combo
5. Get a ATI and no cuttibg and be happy???

I loved reading every post on this thread...lots of input and both blower makers now have the problem that

1.nobody will spend 6000$ on this 4th gen kit!
2.everybody will look close to the HP ratings and the heat issue
3.hood and cowl cutting must be a minimum and all parts must be part of the kit
4.both kit makers will step in a battle of price ..they are both new!...good for the buyer
5.and i hope that the Magnacharger Corp wakes up and steps in on there on and offers a kit..this will be real fine for the consumer....cause the other too will then have to go over a lower price cause Magnacharger (look at the vette kit offers lots of warranty and a real full kit)
6. not to talk about a fool that is working on a 2,4 KB unit 750HP! haha

SOOOO KIT MAKERS ...start your engines and lets see what ya got....LOL!
Old 05-30-2005, 04:30 AM
Restricted User

3,3 KB, lower manifold and HE/IC, bolt on *would cut the cowl in half as long as the windshield still sealed*, tune and have fun holding the hell on.
The current maybe released offerings I feel will be a nice addition to the market for the 4th Gen community. I just really wish you could get more output, so I will wait to see results of the M112 with a dose of Nitrous.
Old 05-30-2005, 08:13 AM
Launching!

3,3 KB, lower manifold and HE/IC, bolt on *would cut the cowl in half as long as the windshield still sealed*, tune and have fun holding the hell on.
The current maybe released offerings I feel will be a nice addition to the market for the 4th Gen community. I just really wish you could get more output, so I will wait to see results of the M112 with a dose of Nitrous.
Location: hawaii.....oopss !I guess we are both used to overpriced shipping and other bizzzzaaarr handling fees...for not living in Cali!.....LOL!

Started several attemps to find a 3,3 KB set up...no luck!
No 2,4 KB or 2,3Lysholm LS1 on this planet?

Cat there is a guy a guy messing hardcore with the m112 and hes porting this thing above the law....that would be stage one...cause youll keep the same blower case and dont need to redrill the manifold for the 2,4 or 3,3 pattern!

There is a British Vendor who holds out the for moving the blower forward to make room for the cowl!
Is the position of the bloweroutlet to manifold this important????
Moving the blower forward will get varied pressure and flow that causes very poor combustion????????????

Quick Reply: Pics of LS1 F-Body with roots style blower mounted