Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana
View Poll Results: Are you happy with your moser 9 inch?
I am happy with my moser 9 inch.
72.37%
I am not happy its too noisy,broke or poor quality.
27.63%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Are you happy with your moser 9 inch?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 04:29 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by v8juice
I wonder how many people that do not read this forum have had a problem? We can sit here and argue odds and polls till the cows come home. There seems to be a fair number of people, just on this site alone, that have had a common problem. Excessive whine from a Moser. Would you agree?
Yes I would agree. There are also a fair amount of people on here that say the same thing about Strange rears having the same whine. Keep in mind that the ratio on here of people owning a Moser is much higher than it is with any other rear, so the odds of someone having a problem are much higher.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/gears-axles/386423-strange-12-bolt-guys-need-your-help.html
Like you said, we can sit here and argue odds and polls till the cows come home. Bob
Old 03-27-2008, 08:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine has been in for 10 days now, the gears are quiet as when it was stock, took about a week to get everything adjusted/grinded off. I've had this car 8 years been thru 4 sets of gears, two differntials and one broken axle, Bob was a pleasure to deal with, the rear went in as advertised and the little things can be figured out pretty easily, my only regret is I should have done this a couple thousand dollars ago i.e. 10 bolts and ls-1'S don't mix. yea 4.11's are fun but I almost feel bad about the extra set of gears I always carried in my trunk that I sold this weekend.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:25 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mcflyz28
Mine has been in for 10 days now, the gears are quiet as when it was stock, took about a week to get everything adjusted/grinded off. I've had this car 8 years been thru 4 sets of gears, two differntials and one broken axle, Bob was a pleasure to deal with, the rear went in as advertised and the little things can be figured out pretty easily, my only regret is I should have done this a couple thousand dollars ago i.e. 10 bolts and ls-1'S don't mix. yea 4.11's are fun but I almost feel bad about the extra set of gears I always carried in my trunk that I sold this weekend.
Thanks, I appreciate it! Bob
Old 03-29-2008, 12:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I've had my 9" for six months with over 6,000 hard miles with a mcleod twin. Quiet as the stock 10 bolt. I got mine from Bob@ EPP, the cheapest and he will do everything he can to help you if something should go wrong.

Bob, did you happen to get those axle seals out yet? Thanks
Old 03-29-2008, 02:29 AM
9 Second Club

got a 9 from EPP with trutrac.Havent had a prolem at all!
Old 03-29-2008, 06:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've had nothing but issues with mine since I installed it last spring. Scott at DLS did the gears, they whine a little bit but I have a tunnel mounted t/a and it's quieter than my 10 bolt was. My problem is the dumb thing hasn't fit right. It pushed the front of the t/a 3" ahead of where it should have been. I had to shorten my torque arm, shorten my already adjustable control arms(which I had to buy because the rear was so cocked with the 9" and hotchkis lcas) and I still can't get rid of the wheel hop I've had since the install. I put 5k miles on it last year and adjusted everything everyway possible(every piece of my suspension is adjustable and yes, I have LCA brackets) and I still can't get it right. I had none of these issues with the 10 bolt. It's been in storage this winter, I'm hoping to tackle it again this week.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:15 PM
On The Tree

The DS axle tube on my M9 is a 1/2" too short.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:46 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bigsticksupra
I've had my 9" for six months with over 6,000 hard miles with a mcleod twin. Quiet as the stock 10 bolt. I got mine from Bob@ EPP, the cheapest and he will do everything he can to help you if something should go wrong.

Bob, did you happen to get those axle seals out yet? Thanks
I'll check for you tomorrow, thanks! Bob
Old 04-08-2008, 03:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by juicedls1
I,ve had mine for over a year, 33-spline, spool and 4.11 and love it, drive it everywhere, wouldnt own anything else, the rear is as quiet as can be and no leaks!!!
same here but haven't had it a year yet
Old 04-08-2008, 03:29 PM
Launching!

Im happy with mine, just thrilled not to have a brittle 10 bolt any longer.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:31 PM
TECH Regular

Default Agreed

Originally Posted by TJ_FARMER
I read this and laugh. So 79.??% are happy with there center sections, there still should do something for the 20% that have had problems since day one! 20% is enough to know that you have a quality control problem coming out of the factory...
They are right that people who arent happy are more likely to say something... but from what ive heard.... If i get a moser i will more than likely check the pattern before running it... Enough said.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:53 AM
10 Second Club

I am definately happy with mine. I ordered direct from Moser--35 spline Detroit locker 3.89's. Dead silent, and doesn't miss a beat.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:06 PM
Teching In

I was happy as soon as i got the right length driveshaft. The truetrac works wonderfull with smoth transition.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:41 AM
TECH Addict

I would have to think that with Moser taking two days for a rear to be ready to ship, where Strange takes three to four weeks, means that there are a heck of a lot more Moser rears being sold.
not to argue, but this tells me that Strange takes more time, not rushing, etc, rather than trying to hurry to get the next unit out...who cares if there are more Mosers out there if 20% of em are screwed up from the get go...

(shopping rear ends right now)
Old 06-18-2008, 08:42 AM
TECH Addict

,,, and no i dont work for Strange. Just reasearching before i spend my $
Old 06-18-2008, 12:32 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Type in Strange rear end problems, and you will come up with quite a few people who have had problems with them. i would say 9 out of 10 people on here purchase Moser rears. I sell at least one Moser rear a day, sometime three to four a day, and I have very, very few problems with them. Bob
Old 06-18-2008, 01:18 PM
TECH Addict

thanx Bob..first off, id like to say that your a great guy, always helping, and people here talk/know about that,,,

i took your challenge of searching...

moser rearend problems = 64 posts
strange rearend problems = 38

for ***** and giggles,,i thought i would try ...

moser problems = 966
strange problems (not a good search cause the use of the word strange) =853,,still less even with most threads talking about issues not related to Strange the Company...so that number would be even less.

like i said, you a great guy, and i have read many of your posts on issues that have helped me....but when folks are writing stuff like this...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/gears-axles/939955-moser-12-bolt-rear-problems.html (this is about the 2nd or 3rd thread in gears and axels today...),,and theres another one right next to it...

AND the fact that the moser comes in boxes, unassembeled (and untested) will leave me with a strange axel for my needs

im still researching, so at this point anything can happen,,but as of right now,,,im looking to go Strange. ..unless i find a hell of a deal on a used moser

thanx for your help Bob

Wayne

Last edited by Bad Blue WS6; 06-18-2008 at 03:06 PM.
Old 06-18-2008, 11:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just got my moser 9" houseing/axles from EPP, so far everything (other then my screw-ups) has gone flawlessly, & the quality is superb, everything fell right into place, even the E brake cables, other then needing tabs for the brake lines (to hold them in place), i am very happy with it, I did have to get another Torque Arm, the Edelbrock unit wouldn't work.
Old 06-18-2008, 11:55 PM
12 Second Club

Yes & no with me, Yes because its damn near unbreakable for what I'll throw at it.

No because well, its noise, and I cant lower my car because of the top TA bracket mount
Old 06-19-2008, 04:29 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Grn4fbody
Yes & no with me, Yes because its damn near unbreakable for what I'll throw at it.

No because well, its noise, and I cant lower my car because of the top TA bracket mount
We've installed Moser 9 inch rears on lowered cars, you just need to add a little clearance with a pry bar once you have the rear in place. It doesn't take much to do this, and you won't see where you have done this from inside the car. Bob

Quick Reply: Are you happy with your moser 9 inch?