General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

I Just Got Pulled Over!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 04:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Just Got Pulled Over!!!

i was with my friend(he was in his dad's s2000) and i was driving my SS. So this guy in a turboed s2000 comes up and wants to race. so we are all at it and of course i win. well we loop back around and there he is a cop on his motorcycle and i see him and than he gets behind me and pulls me over. He tells me why i am in such a hurry and why i was racing with 2 other cars. i dont say anything and he ends up giving me a ticket for no license plate in the front of my car and expired insurance. he told me if i get a license plate in less than 15 days and can go in and show the court than they will remove the fine. im very lucky that i didnt get arrested, he just told me to drive safer. So is there a way where i can put a license plate without putting holes in it b/c right when i show the court im gonna take it off. Please help i dont want big *** holes on the front of my car and i dont feel like filling them in either

Thanks
David

Updated*
i didnt make this thread to dish out cops, i was just pissed at the time, so for the peopple that havent been reading th entire thread and just the first post that i wrote you will come to find that i am very thankful and i highly respect him for keeping our roads and city safe.

Last edited by mycamaroSS; 02-20-2007 at 08:13 AM.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:21 PM
TECH Resident

That Sucks
Old 02-19-2007, 04:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

there is a bracket that i have seen that bolts up under the front bumpet and kind of bends around the bumper and holds it in the front, there was one on my ss when i bought it but i no longer have it sorry man.....
Old 02-19-2007, 04:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah what a bitch cop for not giving you a street racing ticket.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:33 PM
TECH Resident

Just Tell Him To Mind His Own Damn Business
Old 02-19-2007, 04:34 PM
TECH Resident

that sucks. maybe next time you'll think twice before wasting your time trying to race imports. all they do is get you in trouble.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:40 PM
TECH Veteran

^ha i know but my friend was in the s2000 and those are the only rice i actually like so i just wanted to own them. and he was a bitch cop for pulling 2 people at once, me and this other guy lol
Old 02-19-2007, 05:43 PM
Staging Lane

zip tie it on there then cut it off later easy enough
Old 02-19-2007, 05:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

double sided tape ftw
Old 02-19-2007, 05:57 PM
Staging Lane

Just be happy and THANKFUL your only dealing with a correctable violation(s) and not dealing with your car getting impounded for excessive speed, street racing, wreckless driving and so on. That cop was far from a "bitch." He cut you some slack and gave you a huge break as opposed to the norm that get caught.

When the officer asked you two simple questions you showed just how much of a "Man" you are by "staying quiet." If you ask me you were the only one being a "bitch" during that situation then taking responsibility for your actions.

There is a time and place for everything.

Ruben F.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SmokeySS
Yeah what a bitch cop for not giving you a street racing ticket.
Ha, yea man do you not realize that this "bitch cop" just gave you a HUUUUGE break?? He could have gave you a helluva ticket so don't be complaining about some license plate ticket crap, just stick it on with double sided tape like the C6 guys do and stop whining.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:12 PM
On The Tree

http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=59388

I have this bracket on my car. Its a really good one. A lot of people have compimented me on it because of how it doesn't get in the way of the grille. Mounts easy too. Just an idea though. sorry to hear about the ticket. You actually may have gotten off easy though, but racing is always a risk in some way it seems. Just gotta accept the consequences i guess.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:16 PM
TECH Veteran

guys i was saying he wasbeing a bitch for giving me a front license plate ticket.....im thankful he didnt send me to jail and impound my car. he was a tight cop and i said tha tto my friend when i met back up with him. it's just i got pulled over with another dude and my friend just passed me laughing and he should of got pulled over as well. Yea i was gonna try the tape but wasnt sure if they would check it. I did say to the cop that i was just following my buddy i just didnt want the story to get any longer.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:44 PM
11 Second Club

How come every time someone tells a story about getting pulled over they get lectured by some of you guys? If some turbo ricer wanted to race me I'd probably do the same thing. I agree he did get off easy, but don't bust his ***** because he's annoyed that he got a ticket. Is every guy that gets a ticket for window tint, or loud exhaust a bitch when he's pissed about getting a ticket? If so, most of us on this forum are big fat bitches.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by redbanditz28
http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=59388

I have this bracket on my car. Its a really good one. A lot of people have compimented me on it because of how it doesn't get in the way of the grille. Mounts easy too. Just an idea though. sorry to hear about the ticket. You actually may have gotten off easy though, but racing is always a risk in some way it seems. Just gotta accept the consequences i guess.
could you post a pic of your car with it, and do you have to drill holes into the bumper? yea i know i was really lucky
Old 02-19-2007, 06:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pay the fine lol. I live in NJ and refuse to put a license plate on either of my cars.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:03 PM
TECH Veteran

^o dude me too, id rather just suck it up for 2 hours than pay 300 bucks, i just paid 150 for not using a blinker so yea
Old 02-19-2007, 07:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Easiest way is to ziptie it. I hate the front plates too!!! I have had a cop go out of his way to pull me over and give me a warning for no front plate on my T/a when I had it. Must of been 20 cars that past me while he had me stopped that had no plates. I was like WTF!!!!! I have not had a plate on my Ram for 5 years and there will NEVER be a front plate on my vette!
Old 02-19-2007, 07:28 PM
Teching In

I got pulled over too because the cop couldnt see my plate even though it is against my windowon my dash. After i told him this he just said to make it more visible.Use sucksion cups and stick it up in front somewhere
Old 02-19-2007, 07:44 PM
TECH Veteran

^^yea its annoying because seriously what is the purpose of a front license plate, people only look at the back license plate, it might be for cops to be able to clock your speed.......i really dont know
ok i came up with a decision. since i have to buy a new license plate, should i just make a custom plate. SSMOKD or SSEEYA.