General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Almost purchased an LS2 GTO

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 10:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Almost purchased an LS2 GTO

I was really close in getting one. I searched online where the rest of the new ones are left in my area. Because I need something else to drive everyday than a bird. I researched the Good/Bad and Ugly of the GTO. I really really wanted one. Went to the Dealer knowing what to expect with everything I knew. The Salesman started up and I was like oh yeah Sounded great stock. I could already see it my drive way next to my 01 T/A. Then it went to total disapointment I didnt even move the car. I sat in the seat and felt like crap. I heard that these seats were so AWESOME. I felt like I was sitting on boards compared to my T/A. I was like no way, Not happening Captain. I sat in the back seats and they were better. went to the front, nope. I messed with the adjustments nothing. Then there was a 04 on the used lot with 40K + miles. Lets see that one and maybe they are broken in more. It was worse much more. So I told my wife I will drive the Lt1 till the wheels fall off and you buy a Torrent that you wanted so long. And thats what we did. 09 CAMARO I will be waiting for you!
Old 08-13-2007, 10:53 AM
TECH Regular

??? my seats are way more comfortable than any T/A or camaro even corvette that ive sat in (and they have been quite a few). i think the difference is the seating position in the GTO is not on the floor like in the T/A's. but to each their own..........
Old 08-13-2007, 11:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

I sat in a Acura TL, and was like OMG these seats are Nice. I was hoping I get the same feeling from the GTO. But yes its a personal preference like a at Cat-Back exhaust. I may not have a chance to own a new GTO anymore, but hey there is always something newer that comes and is great as well.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:46 PM
TECH Addict

yea for the most part I think the majority like the GTO's interior compared to the F body but it all comes down to personal preference. You could always but another to use as your DD
Old 08-14-2007, 04:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ExTurbo
??? my seats are way more comfortable than any T/A or camaro even corvette that ive sat in (and they have been quite a few). i think the difference is the seating position in the GTO is not on the floor like in the T/A's. but to each their own..........
i beg to differ, ilove the cloth camaro seats

they are more comfy than an 05 GTO seats, from what i sat in at least....not a big fan of raised seats either, thats just me.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:00 AM
TECH Junkie

Haven't set in a GTO yet but i'd assume the seats are higher up kinda like a mustang .... driving an f-body everyday it'd probably be wierd getting in a GTO to start with but eventually you'd get over it. I can't myself say whether or not the seats are comfy or not but they look comfy and not cheap like an f-body's interior. Don't get me wrong, I love the way f-body seats set but driving one everyday of the week does get old, with the rattles/bumps/noise etc. Now with that being said if you haven't ridden in a f-body for a while or you haven't driven your's in about a week they feel awsome setting in IMHO. sorry for the paragraph.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Without starting a "whats better arguement" I do think the GTO leather quality is better than a T/A, but not cushion wise for me.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:40 AM
Teching In

GTO seats are the best stock seat I have ever sat in other than a custom ordered Ferrari 360 seat which were a $3,000 dollar option.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

I love the GTO seats, I want to put a pair in my Camaro.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:29 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Cchris1109
i beg to differ, ilove the cloth camaro seats

they are more comfy than an 05 GTO seats, from what i sat in at least....not a big fan of raised seats either, thats just me.
yeah i love sitting in my buddys camaro cloth camaro seats, and my friends 00 honda Si has some NICE comfy seats to.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:57 PM
On The Tree

Sat in my buddies 04 GTO and it just was comfortable but felt a lot wider and not as snug as my T/A seats. I could drive my T/A all day long...such a comfortable car to drive IMO.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:09 PM
Staging Lane

i have never been in a F-body with leather but my seats in my GTO are easily as comfortable as the ones in my 05 acura i traded for the goat