General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

How To Seafoam Your Car

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 09:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know if this helps but I thought I had a misfire (not on scanner but just from driving) I have been chasing this bitch for a long time...and guess what I've found so far..

I bought a spray can of seafoam creep and sprayed it into the pcv hose towards my manifold ..(LS6) and lo and behold the feeling of misfire is gone..

I'm not saying it'll work for you and I have never read someone spraying in the tb and the pcv hose to the manifold/tb but I figured what the hell..

Dam car runs smooth like never before. (u may want to ask others if its ok to spray seafoam creep into the pcv hose into the intake as I've never read anyone ever did that..(they usually buy the liquid and pour it in I believe)

I just felt more at ease running the motor and spraying it (making sure the little red tube doesn't get sucked in)

For one day today..the car has run better than ever before...

Maybe it might help? (really felt like a misfire) I thought the 02 was causing me a problem tooo but today...I'm very satisfied with the end result..

Is it ok to use seafoam deep creep spray into the pcv hose towards the manifold...I just disconnected the pcv valve and sprayed it in...

JB
Old 04-22-2007, 09:43 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JBsZ06
Is it ok to use seafoam deep creep spray into the pcv hose towards the manifold...I just disconnected the pcv valve and sprayed it in...

JB
well, the deep creep is made to be sprayed into the intake manifold and get sucked into the engine. your PCV hose sucks the deep creep up into your intake manifold anyway, right? it's all going into your engine. i would assume that it would be okay, but i've never heard of anyone doing this. i don't want to tell you it's okay, then something horrible happens. if it's not written in the directions, i'd say use at your own risk. whatever you did, it helped and didn't hurt anything.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:55 PM
TECH Resident

I did it but im having a hard time puting the intake back on lol but tha car smoked like crazy i have a cell phone vid of it and there will be more soon thanks for the help choco.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by That_guy
I did it but im having a hard time puting the intake back on lol but tha car smoked like crazy i have a cell phone vid of it and there will be more soon thanks for the help choco.
Where's the vid??
Old 04-26-2007, 09:38 PM
Staging Lane

I just wanted to thank you Choco. Just did it tonight and I can immediately tell the difference. Ive got about 90k on the clock so needless to say it smoked like crazy.

Kind of funny story, I waited until nighttime cause people usually don't come down my street and noones out, trying to be considerate. So I start the car wait about 10 minutes and im off. I get to the stop sign, and I gun it. Smoke is pouring out back, and that **** stinks, so im like im glad nobody is out. I look to my left and there is a guy, leaning against his car on a cellphone. I get passed him and I slow down and the guy is totally engulfed in smoke. I mean I cant see him at all and I'm only like 100 ft away. I laughed until my stomach hurt, I felt bad but damn was it funny to me. I made damn sure I didn't go that way back home.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:01 PM
TECH Regular

My car is coming out of storage next tuesday, and going in for a tune the next monday. The tank has sta-bil in it right now, would it hurt to add the seafoam to it as well?? I wanted to make sure I seafoamed the car before tuning. I'm not going to do the oil because I know thats clean, just wanted to know if you guys think the sta-bil and sea foam would react??? Hope not, becase I really want to get it all cleaned out before the tune.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put some seafoam in the oil of my beater yesterday it seems quieter now on startup and is looking clean inside when I looked in from the oil cap hole.I got about 50 miles on it ill change it out at 150.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:45 PM
12 Second Club

I seafoamed my friends 200,000 mile hydundai accent today. It smoked for 7 minutes straight and was reved up half the time. never seen one smoke that long. Ill post up a vid if anyone wants to see it
Old 05-03-2007, 07:46 PM
10 Second Club

Sure!
Old 05-03-2007, 09:23 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by 01pewterbird
My car is coming out of storage next tuesday, and going in for a tune the next monday. The tank has sta-bil in it right now, would it hurt to add the seafoam to it as well?? I wanted to make sure I seafoamed the car before tuning. I'm not going to do the oil because I know thats clean, just wanted to know if you guys think the sta-bil and sea foam would react??? Hope not, becase I really want to get it all cleaned out before the tune.
i can't answer that question. i would doubt there would be a problem, but you never know. if i were you, i'd go out for a nice long drive and burn up all that gas, then seafoam my next full tank. remember, the majority of the results you see will be from the brake booster step.

"you're welcome" to everyone that's thanked me thus far. always glad to help.

and hells yea post up the vids! we ALL wanna see them!
Old 05-03-2007, 11:11 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
i can't answer that question. i would doubt there would be a problem, but you never know. if i were you, i'd go out for a nice long drive and burn up all that gas, then seafoam my next full tank. remember, the majority of the results you see will be from the brake booster step.

"you're welcome" to everyone that's thanked me thus far. always glad to help.

and hells yea post up the vids! we ALL wanna see them!
Thanks for the input, but the problem is I only have from tuesday night, till monday to burn that tank, and then a tank of seafoam, then switch out the fuel filter. I want to have a clean system and filter for the tuning on monday. Thats why i'm hoping i can just do it all in one tank, then swap out the fuel filter.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:28 PM
Tech Resident

Thanks for the input, but the problem is I only have from tuesday night, till monday to burn that tank, and then a tank of seafoam, then switch out the fuel filter. I want to have a clean system and filter for the tuning on monday. Thats why i'm hoping i can just do it all in one tank, then swap out the fuel filter.
putting seafoam in the gas tank at a later date isn't going to damage the fuel filter. do whatever makes you feel comfortable. i doubt you'll see any adverse effects either way you go.
Old 05-05-2007, 08:56 PM
TECH Regular

So today i'm at advanced buying some seafoam and the guy asks me,"do you have a Honda?" and i'm like no,why? he then says "well this stuff wil ruin a honda, i've seen three where it burnt up the pistons..". My response back to him was that they must be some shitty *** pistons..He then went on to how he was so excited to pick up his civic hatch tonight with "shaved heads" stating it will go 140 but that he doesn't know how much hp it actually has. I call BS to his face and say theres no way a NA(which he didn't know what NA meant) civic will go 145 in the quater! He then says "oooh i'm not talking about the quater, i just mean how fast it will be able to go"....RICER!!!!
Old 05-05-2007, 11:11 PM
Tech Resident

i think he confused seafoam with nitrous

Old 05-05-2007, 11:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

So today i'm at advanced buying some seafoam and the guy asks me,"do you have a Honda?" and i'm like no,why? he then says "well this stuff wil ruin a honda, i've seen three where it burnt up the pistons..". My response back to him was that they must be some shitty *** pistons..He then went on to how he was so excited to pick up his civic hatch tonight with "shaved heads" stating it will go 140 but that he doesn't know how much hp it actually has. I call BS to his face and say theres no way a NA(which he didn't know what NA meant) civic will go 145 in the quater! He then says "oooh i'm not talking about the quater, i just mean how fast it will be able to go"....RICER!!!!
Part store guys can be pretty dumb sometimes. I had one guy ask me if I got "the 454" with my car.

Another guy told me that fbodies are great cars except for the rear(true) and that I should go get a 12 bolt(ok so far) out of a truck at the junkyard( ) and put it in.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:06 AM
TECH Regular

Well, I seafoamed my TA yesterday, and there wasn't much smoke at all..What gives>? I guess it just wasn't that dirty in there. Cars got 42k on it and I've never seafoamed it before. One weird thing happened that I don't know if it had any adverse effect on the process. My friend was working the TB as I was pouring, and when I went to turn the car off, he kept opening the tb(not knowing I turned off the car), so the car was running with the key out .I guess it was dieseling since the motor was hot and the seafoam was in the chambers along with a rush of fresh air? I let it sit for 15 min then fired it up, it smoked, but not like my 97 saturn did. It would only put out a plume when you blipped the throttle, at idle, there wasn't much at all.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:11 PM
10 Second Club

LOL yeah that will happen, w hen i seafoamed my CRX, it keep running for like a whole min after i turned it off. It was weird.

Well, I seafoamed my TA yesterday, and there wasn't much smoke at all..What gives>? I guess it just wasn't that dirty in there. Cars got 42k on it and I've never seafoamed it before. One weird thing happened that I don't know if it had any adverse effect on the process. My friend was working the TB as I was pouring, and when I went to turn the car off, he kept opening the tb(not knowing I turned off the car), so the car was running with the key out .I guess it was dieseling since the motor was hot and the seafoam was in the chambers along with a rush of fresh air? I let it sit for 15 min then fired it up, it smoked, but not like my 97 saturn did. It would only put out a plume when you blipped the throttle, at idle, there wasn't much at all.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by taintedmeat
Where's the vid??
HEHEHE right here yea i got some smoke alot of smoke

Old 05-10-2007, 08:03 PM
TECH Resident

Old 05-10-2007, 08:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts