Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New cams from Tick Performance

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 03:08 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by baronsmith98
How many miles could I expect out of my valvesprings with the SNS stg 2 mild version? I will be using Brian tooley double valve springs. And does anyone have any idea what vacuum this cam pulls? I need it for power brakes
Predator z was dead on with his posts as he always is. No real shelf life, BUT most of my customers see 20-30k on the mild lobes, and 15-25 on the standard lobes. As predator said I always recommend my customers removing both valve covers every 10k or 1 year whichever comes first and checking at least a few intake and exhaust springs for installed height to ensure you haven't lost seat pressure.
Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
The parts you've chosen are good quality, Martin will steer you right and the BTR springs are excellent (this of course assuming all is properly installed).
Thank you for the kind words Mark.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:01 PM
TECH Regular

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Finally got my heap together and hit the track tonight. First pass out went 12.39 at 108. Made three more passes but spun every time and couldn't repeat.

I went mild on the cam. Tick Street Heat stage 2. Idles nice (once it is warmed up) and drives like stock, almost. Still working out some idle bugs and the trans shift points need changed or something.

This is a 2002 LS1 camaro, LS6 intake, 799 head decked .012, Tick cam, BTR springs and lifters, used Hooker headers and used Y Pipe. FTI 4000 converter, 3.23 gear, Frost tune, everything else stock.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:40 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ironmanLS1
Finally got my heap together and hit the track tonight. First pass out went 12.39 at 108. Made three more passes but spun every time and couldn't repeat.

I went mild on the cam. Tick Street Heat stage 2. Idles nice (once it is warmed up) and drives like stock, almost. Still working out some idle bugs and the trans shift points need changed or something.

This is a 2002 LS1 camaro, LS6 intake, 799 head decked .012, Tick cam, BTR springs and lifters, used Hooker headers and used Y Pipe. FTI 4000 converter, 3.23 gear, Frost tune, everything else stock.
Has the car ever been dyno tuned? You should be around 114-116mph with that combination of parts. What is the altitude where you race at?
Old 06-05-2013, 08:17 PM
TECH Regular

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Track altitude is around 1200', last night while only mid 70's I'd bet the DA was an easy 2000. But even 2-2500 wouldn't scrub off 6-8 mph from my experience.

Not dyno tuned yet. Mail order only. There is someone close by that has a good reputation for tuning but this car shares funds with another car I use for bracket racing so it will be a couple months yet.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It def has a little more in it. I got slammed with a fat bill I'm fighting or Id be on the track with tires.
Old 06-06-2013, 01:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Martin, Mods are in my sig, I have read through all of this thread & really like the sns stg3.. I am not sure if it will suit or fit PV.
I have TSP 5.3 stg 2.5 heads milled 0.040. Pistons are Mahle 3.908 with a 4cc relief I believe.
LS7 Caddy race lifters, am using Pac 1518s but have a near new set of dual Patriot Gold & Ti retainers.
It is my w-end car that I road race on occassion.
The cam I have now is a NZ Kelford 222/222-561-520@112 this is giving me 408rwhp on a NZ DynoTorque, but desire more torque & HP
Dyno graf is in KW.
I am waiting on delivery of a ATI damper to replace the ud PowerBond as through bad harmonics I have previously broken a dual Rollmaster while racing.
Wayne. NZ
Attached Thumbnails New cams from Tick Performance-001.jpg  

Last edited by ls1 1990 VN; 06-07-2013 at 12:16 AM.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:43 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ironmanLS1
Track altitude is around 1200', last night while only mid 70's I'd bet the DA was an easy 2000. But even 2-2500 wouldn't scrub off 6-8 mph from my experience.

Not dyno tuned yet. Mail order only. There is someone close by that has a good reputation for tuning but this car shares funds with another car I use for bracket racing so it will be a couple months yet.
Once tuned on the dyno I can see you picking up at least another 4-5mph if not more. I would say that is certainly the cause for the lower MPH and slower E.T. than expected. I understand the money issue though!
Originally Posted by Yun Gunz
It def has a little more in it. I got slammed with a fat bill I'm fighting or Id be on the track with tires.
You too? Damn!
Originally Posted by ls1 1990 VN
Martin, Mods are in my sig, I have read through all of this thread & really like the sns stg3.. I am not sure if it will suit or fit PV.
I have TSP 5.3 stg 2.5 heads milled 0.40. Pistons are Mahle 3.908 with a 4cc relief I believe.
LS7 Caddy race lifters, am using Pac 1518s but have a near new set of dual Patriot Gold & Ti retainers.
It is my w-end car that I road race on occassion.
The cam I have now is a NZ Kelford 222/222-561-520@112 this is giving me 408rwhp on a NZ DynoTorque, but desire more torque & HP
Dyno graf is in KW.
I am waiting on delivery of a ATI damper to replace the ud PowerBond as through bad harmonics I have previously broken a dual Rollmaster while racing.
Wayne. NZ
Wayne,

If you have aftermarket pistons with reliefs you have plenty of room for the SNS Stg. 3 camshaft. For your application it will be a great camshaft with tons of mid-range power and top end for days. It will even have great "punch" from 3500rpm and up. You will need the dual springs you possess for use with this camshaft and the Ti retainers will be a nice touch for lightening the valve train a "tick". See what I did there?
Old 06-06-2013, 06:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Martin, I recently made a thread about my A.I. head/TV2 cam build.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...yno-added.html

In your opinion, what cam of yours would better suit my build and still have a very mellow idle... I would like more power, but love a sleeper sound... Is this possible?
Old 06-07-2013, 12:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
Once tuned on the dyno I can see you picking up at least another 4-5mph if not more. I would say that is certainly the cause for the lower MPH and slower E.T. than expected. I understand the money issue though!

You too? Damn!

Wayne,

If you have aftermarket pistons with reliefs you have plenty of room for the SNS Stg. 3 camshaft. For your application it will be a great camshaft with tons of mid-range power and top end for days. It will even have great "punch" from 3500rpm and up. You will need the dual springs you possess for use with this camshaft and the Ti retainers will be a nice touch for lightening the valve train a "tick". See what I did there?

Is this still with the heads I have being milled 0.040.

Would your stg 3 cam increase the torque I have with my current small cam as well, you mention mid 3500rpm & up only, as I road race on occasion I still require that low torque for getting out of slow corners.
Guess I would be "ticked" off if cars I currently beat started to pull on me till my revs came up

Last edited by ls1 1990 VN; 06-07-2013 at 12:32 AM.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:58 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ls1 1990 VN
Is this still with the heads I have being milled 0.040.

Would your stg 3 cam increase the torque I have with my current small cam as well, you mention mid 3500rpm & up only, as I road race on occasion I still require that low torque for getting out of slow corners.
Guess I would be "ticked" off if cars I currently beat started to pull on me till my revs came up
With the amount your heads are milled and the compression you have with the 5.3 heads you can gain tremendously IMO from the larger Stg. 3 camshaft. I would expect to see gains from across the RPM range with our Stg. 3 SNS cam and not lose anything to the smaller cam you have now.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks Martin, can you PM me a price & delivery cost to Auckland NZ
Old 06-11-2013, 08:33 AM
FormerVendor

Another Tick Performance camshaft customer! Congrats Jesse on your new cam! This is a custom cam that I did for Jesse as it is his daily driver. He wanted torquemax like power, but something that had a little better driving manners than the Stage 2 TM cam has to offer. I settled on a 229/234 .61x"/.61x" 112+3 cam for Jesse as a great all around camshaft that will have a very broad power band while keeping Jesse happy while he DD his car!
Old 06-11-2013, 11:05 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
http://youtu.be/Xl3qrBegUIU

Another Tick Performance camshaft customer! Congrats Jesse on your new cam! This is a custom cam that I did for Jesse as it is his daily driver. He wanted torquemax like power, but something that had a little better driving manners than the Stage 2 TM cam has to offer. I settled on a 229/234 .61x"/.61x" 112+3 cam for Jesse as a great all around camshaft that will have a very broad power band while keeping Jesse happy while he DD his car!
This is intriguing, and there may be a big demand for this kind of cam with the Caddy guys. Looking forward to seeing the dyno sheet!
Old 06-11-2013, 05:18 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by DACTARI
This is intriguing, and there may be a big demand for this kind of cam with the Caddy guys. Looking forward to seeing the dyno sheet!
This customer got this particular cam back in late April, early May and has just finally gotten around to installing it and is waiting to get it tuned soon. Hoping for 390-400rwhp/370-380rwtq through high flow cats.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just finally got my car running and I'm in the process of tunning it myself before i get home from school and get a proper tune.... any tuning tips are greatly appreciated
Old 06-12-2013, 12:26 PM
FormerVendor

GreenFormula I am nowhere near a tuner although I know enough to tune my own car, I wouldn't want to give advice that could possibly make your job tuning your car harder.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

UPDATE: I went by TICK this morning to get my tune tweaked.

Let me tell you, them guys at TICK are top notch.
Jonathan worked on tweaking my car and I now have a 440hp (reason 4 the extra Hp is the SSRA) car that drives 100% COMPLETELY like stock. My car is such a joy to drive now.
I put it thru all the tests and on my way home and I was able to drive in 6th grear all the way down to 1100rpm with NO! bucking at all...NONE! I couldnt believe the difference. 40, 50, 60 mph and no surging or bucking like before in any gear.
The car drives, act and feels completely like it was when stock but NOT

I hate going there (haha) cause all I wanna do is spend money. So im now going to let the wiring guru (jonathan) fix my nitrous setup and throw it on the dyno and tune it for up to 150 hit.

These guys will do what they can in any way to make (us) the customer happy campers. (just dont get to close to Martin) LOL!!!

you should see some of the rides up there. ..WOW!

thanks guys!!
Old 06-13-2013, 07:37 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by stroked383HSR
UPDATE: I went by TICK this morning to get my tune tweaked.

Let me tell you, them guys at TICK are top notch.
Jonathan worked on tweaking my car and I now have a 440hp (reason 4 the extra Hp is the SSRA) car that drives 100% COMPLETELY like stock. My car is such a joy to drive now.
I put it thru all the tests and on my way home and I was able to drive in 6th grear all the way down to 1100rpm with NO! bucking at all...NONE! I couldnt believe the difference. 40, 50, 60 mph and no surging or bucking like before in any gear.
The car drives, act and feels completely like it was when stock but NOT

I hate going there (haha) cause all I wanna do is spend money. So im now going to let the wiring guru (jonathan) fix my nitrous setup and throw it on the dyno and tune it for up to 150 hit.

These guys will do what they can in any way to make (us) the customer happy campers. (just dont get to close to Martin) LOL!!!

you should see some of the rides up there. ..WOW!

thanks guys!!
John,

I could tell how happy you were once Jonathan made those changes for you! You definitely looked like a kid in a candy store hahaha! I'm glad that you are 100% satisfied and that you're enjoying your car even more than you already have.

On behalf of all of us here at Tick, we thank you for your continued support and business John. We always enjoy having you around buddy!
Old 06-13-2013, 04:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish I can get my car dyno tuned, by you guys , right now I'm running a tune from the hp tuners repository, it drives ok, but still would like to get a better one!!! have Jonathan dynotuned the stage 3 sns mild with heads yet???
Old 06-14-2013, 01:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Martin, I have sent an e-mail regarding the sns stg 3 plus other bits I wish to purchase.

Quick Reply: New cams from Tick Performance