Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 09:33 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NASTYTRANSAM
BUY IT BUY IT I HATE YOUR CURRENT DRIVESHAFT AND TA Damn SBD!!
What the **** is wrong with the driveshaft??? It was about the strongest one you can get!!! Denny's nitrous ready driveshaft!!!

The Torque arm set up sucks period, doesnt matter what brand you get!!!

My setup got 1.5 short times on 17 in DR full weight on motor...with a 10 bolt and 3.42 gears...not too bad...not many beating that now...

Killer rear end with new setup will be NICE!

Nate...take some more weight out of the front/nose of Masseys car, make it launch better....

MASSEY....you may have to get a new driveshaft with the new rear, so don't forget that piece too!!! OR...just go borrow Darren's car and tell him your going to dix his tranny for him! lol...
Old 09-08-2009, 09:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, sounds like a thank you is in order to JPH (and Nate?) for taking a look at Nick's car. I didn't catch that ground strap before I left. There's a lot left to do on the tune to get it happier, though I think right now the fuel injector kpa vs. flow table is WAY off which is what's drowning it. I'm going to play with it a bit more before we enlist the hired guns.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:37 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Default Nate

[QUOTE=SDB;12194366]NATE>..

what evered happened to the guy with the blue corvette with the TT kit you swapped motors in????? IS it running right?? I always wondered how that thing turned out, saw him on corvette forum with some issues, never heard if he got it running right?
Old 09-09-2009, 10:32 AM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
Well, sounds like a thank you is in order to JPH (and Nate?) for taking a look at Nick's car. I didn't catch that ground strap before I left. There's a lot left to do on the tune to get it happier, though I think right now the fuel injector kpa vs. flow table is WAY off which is what's drowning it. I'm going to play with it a bit more before we enlist the hired guns.
That would be Joe and Brad.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:33 AM
JPH
TECH Junkie

[QUOTE=SDB;12194495]
Originally Posted by SDB
NATE>..

what evered happened to the guy with the blue corvette with the TT kit you swapped motors in????? IS it running right?? I always wondered how that thing turned out, saw him on corvette forum with some issues, never heard if he got it running right?
Wont run, wiring issues I think? Dunno.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JPH
That would be Joe and Brad.
My bad. Nick said Joe and... and I didn't catch the rest, I made a random *** guess.

Thank you Joe and Brad.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:20 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SDB
What the **** is wrong with the driveshaft??? It was about the strongest one you can get!!! Denny's nitrous ready driveshaft!!! Driveshaft is nice but fits for **** cant get the bolts out very easy and its almost too long barely comes out, had to roll the lower control arms back to give me enough room to remove it from the trans tail housing...
The Torque arm set up sucks period, doesnt matter what brand you get!!!

Its non adjustable and hits the under body in so many spots it really hurting the rear end drop on a launch...just my opionion

Nate...take some more weight out of the front/nose of Masseys car, make it launch better.... I would but he wants a fast street car with all options still I totally understand a/c is nice on a hot day... If every summer was like this one we wouldnt need it and Id yank mine too.
[QUOTE=SDB;12194495]
Originally Posted by SDB
NATE>..

I finished up my part back in the spring and started and drove the car to work one day on my way home less than a block away the good old APS turbo started to bleed oil like a stuck pig so He had me change lines and reclock the return pump but it wasnt helping.. I trailered it back to him so he could change the pump and check the turbos out himself. After that he was feeling a vibration and pulled the tq tube to have the clutch checked in the mean time him and his wife had their first kid and he had to take some time off working on it. Once he got it back together he found that he had a leak at the slave so he pulled it out again. Long story short I thought alot of the vibration could have been being caused because of the lack of tune.. He choice to check everything else out first and he changed the motor mounts and now he was waiting for an openning at the tune shop in st. louis so I havent heard any more than that as of now.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:20 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Yeah the driveshaft is long but STOUT!!! the Torque arm sucks no matter if its adjustable or not....

The TT vette should roll out good if it ever works!!!!
Old 09-09-2009, 03:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
My bad. Nick said Joe and... and I didn't catch the rest, I made a random *** guess.

Thank you Joe and Brad.
I don't not talk very well

X2 on the thank ya's! I'm just glad the feeling of it being hard to turn over was the higher-than-normal seat pressures, and not a mechanical failure
Old 09-09-2009, 06:37 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by The Beast
I don't not talk very well

X2 on the thank ya's! I'm just glad the feeling of it being hard to turn over was the higher-than-normal seat pressures, and not a mechanical failure

what computer do you have running the engine? Is is just a LS1 ECM? Could you have CHad tune it from GMS?
Old 09-09-2009, 07:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SDB
what computer do you have running the engine? Is is just a LS1 ECM? Could you have CHad tune it from GMS?
It's just the ECM out of a 2000 LS1 Camaro. I have 100% confidence that Blake can get it tuned enough to not only idle but to also put 500 break in miles on it before I take it to either Virginia Speed or Speed Inc for the 1000WHP tune. They're the 2 best at tuning high HP factory head turbo cars.

It'd be running alot better had I told Blake the injectors are 80lbs at 3bar, not 4bar. The current fuel pressure is around 4bar which puts the injectors in the 100lbs range. My bad
Old 09-09-2009, 10:55 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by GMMillwright
Already getting bids for a new rear. Most likely a Midwest Fab9 like Darren has. Erik says 31 spline axles are Ok, but recommended the 35 splines with a locker. Backbraced, aluminum center, locker, powder coated, new chromemoly driveshaft and shipping was $3550. Pretty good deal considering it comes with a fully adjustable TA, too.
Good deal, I don't regret it one bit....just wish I would have done it without having to try 3 sets of gears in the 10bolt then doing the 12 bolt Moser before the Fab9.
When do you expect too see the Fab9 setup?? is his build time down now??
Old 09-09-2009, 11:01 PM
10 Second Club

I don't think I'll be ordering it before Spring. Gotta recover from the big dent in the savings account.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:03 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SDB
MASSEY....you may have to get a new driveshaft with the new rear, so don't forget that piece too!!! OR...just go borrow Darren's car and tell him your going to dix his tranny for him! lol...
Funny, keep your illegal ideas to yourself...phucker. Tranny is being taken care of so don't worry pal.....by the way "NO Auto" being installed, thank you very much.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:05 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SDB
Not if he wants it to run right... or have someone with the time to make it right if something is wrong.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

My stock bottom end 5.3L with 10 psi of boost survived fine under my tuning (tuning didn't cause the cam bearing failure...) and aside from being a bit rich (which was intended) the pistons and plugs looked fine when it came apart.

Nick's car just needs to get the fueling sorted in the PCM, right now it's drowning. Getting the sizing right and adjusting the minimum pulse widths, etc. will get it idling fine.

That said, I'm not a expert FI tuner by any means, but, as Nick said, I can get it drivable.

edit: I'm about 99% sure I found the problem with Nick's car. When the tune file was converted to 3 BAR for the turbo, the VE table took a crap and went to all 518%. I don't think it's 518% at WOT + 25 psi of boost, let alone idle. That forced the injectors static and drowned it. I'll get that sorted this evening and it should run and idle just great.

Last edited by digitalsolo; 09-10-2009 at 01:39 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:53 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SDB
The TT vette should roll out good if it ever works!!!!
Thats my buddy Seans (Air Force friend of mine) car. Yeah, he had a bunch of issues with it. The vibration ended up coming from the motor mounts, but it took him a while to get that figured out. He now is waiting to get it put on the dyno. It was supposed to be put on this week, but due to the shops scheduling issues, now will more likely be done in a couple weeks.

Seeing the APS turbo's leak like that, and being as they havent even been under any boost yet since the new motor, I have a feeling once its on the dyno and making boost, their going to be toast. Theres a nice long thread in the FI section of how APS is no longer selling kits to GM cars anymore, and how they also aren't offering any warranty or maintenence work for them either (basically a huge rip off for anyone with their turbo's).

Anytime you put a car through that much work, theres bound to be issues/bugs to work out. When it runs, it will run well. Probably in the 750 RWHP range. He seems pretty set on putting the smack down on CALL911 since it was in the race that his car went He already has a place in mind to rebuild the turbo's if they go.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

TASTEFUL TANGERINE!!!!!

http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/cto/1364934724.html
Old 09-10-2009, 05:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Kenny, still want to run STFU Subaru? He said he's down to run whoever this weekend.

Also, Blake put in the new tune. Car starts, idles, and revs like a champ!!!
Old 09-10-2009, 06:36 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by The Beast
Kenny, still want to run STFU Subaru? He said he's down to run whoever this weekend.

Also, Blake put in the new tune. Car starts, idles, and revs like a champ!!!
Then where's the video??

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!