Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 10:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ Yes, Grissom is a Reserve unit. (Actually Grissom is the largest KC-135 reserve unit in the Air Force)
Old 09-26-2010, 01:39 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CALL911
^ Yes, Grissom is a Reserve unit. (Actually Grissom is the largest KC-135 reserve unit in the Air Force)
Hey Ben, you might want to have your t/a retuned by frost next time he is here. I have 3 junk motors from my old tuner(you know who that is) and 1 wounded 1 so far.
Old 09-26-2010, 02:26 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JPH
Hey Ben, you might want to have your t/a retuned by frost next time he is here. I have 3 junk motors from my old tuner(you know who that is) and 1 wounded 1 so far.
Joe, my car was tuned 2 years ago. In that time I have beaten the living snot out of it countless times, been to the track more than once, and put over 18,000 miles of hard driven miles on it. If there was anything wrong with it, I would have definatly found out a long time ago.

My Formula has always ran like a champ, and not given me any issues (other than the tranny needing a little work). I am really happy with the tune I got, and wouldn't want to change it at all.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:41 PM
11 Second Club

Joe, my car was tuned 2 years ago. In that time I have beaten the living snot out of it countless times, been to the track more than once, and put over 18,000 miles of hard driven miles on it. If there was anything wrong with it, I would have definatly found out a long time ago.

My Formula has always ran like a champ, and not given me any issues (other than the tranny needing a little work). I am really happy with the tune I got, and wouldn't want to change it at all.
I agree. Mine has 5000+ miles starting with the mail order tune a couple years ago. All the finger pointing going on right now just doesn't make sense to me. If you search this guy on LS1 or even google his name you are hard pressed to find a negative opinion. After the thousands of tunes he has done, I just don't believe he came to the Fort and F*#? three cars in a row.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nice #s Scott, now when can I get a ride

Glad to hear everyone is happy with their Frost tunes! I only wish there was a load baring dyno open to the public in the area so Frost could tune mine (if I ever stop tearing it apart )
Old 09-26-2010, 05:15 PM
FormerVendor

The three cars that they asked me to pull the tunes from all had timing at 31 and 32 degrees everywhere at WOT, which is very far past what any of them would need. The black car at Nate's that is hurt had 32degrees at WOT and had all of the KR response removed so that it could not pull timing at knock or at WOT if it sensed any. The high octane table was copied into the low octane table also, including the 32deg at WOT. All I did was pull the file off of this car. I can screen shot or send the file over email if anyone wants to see it. I haven't heard negatives things about this tuner before, I just pulled the file and that's what was there.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:17 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JPH

I'm bleeding, not just wounded
Old 09-26-2010, 05:18 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by The Beast
Nice #s Scott, now when can I get a ride

Glad to hear everyone is happy with their Frost tunes! I only wish there was a load baring dyno open to the public in the area so Frost could tune mine (if I ever stop tearing it apart )
The street has load!

Thanks to everyone in Fort Wayne for the hospitality. I have been sleeping today!
Old 09-26-2010, 05:19 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Frost
The three cars that they asked me to pull the tunes from all had timing at 31 and 32 degrees everywhere at WOT, which is very far past what any of them would need. The black car at Nate's that is hurt had 32degrees at WOT and had all of the KR response removed so that it could not pull timing at knock or at WOT if it sensed any. The high octane table was copied into the low octane table also, including the 32deg at WOT. All I did was pull the file off of this car. I can screen shot or send the file over email if anyone wants to see it. I haven't heard negatives things about this tuner before, I just pulled the file and that's what was there.
Wish I could have had you look at mine while you were here. Man I need to get working again
Old 09-26-2010, 07:25 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Frost
The street has load!

Thanks to everyone in Fort Wayne for the hospitality. I have been sleeping today!
Hey everyone, On the note of 31 degrees timing, mine was one of those cars....sucks.... but I plan on building it bigger and nastier than ever with the help of nate, joe and myself.....oh yea can't forget the TOP notch tune by Steve (AKA Frost) when she is all finished up.

P.S.--On another note if I ever see the other tuner in town again he will get a swift kick in his ball I higher advise others to stay away from him at all cost!! GET YOUR **** RETUNED!!!!
Old 09-26-2010, 07:31 PM
TECH Resident

Also Steve it was awesome hanging out with you for a couple days while you were here and getting to know you. I appreciate all the information you shared with me, some of the stuff you know just amazed me!! Also make sure you polish up on those halo skills so when i jump on we can kick *** and take names!!
Old 09-26-2010, 07:42 PM
TECH Addict

Robby, does this mean your car isn't going to be a museum car anymore, and you will actually drive it on occasion!?

Old 09-26-2010, 07:54 PM
TECH Resident

No it means i am going to build it better than before.....but regardless of what you think about your tune have that **** checked man just a word of advice!!!!
Old 09-26-2010, 08:12 PM
10 Second Club

My car had 32 degrees of timing and I think I just got lucky before I blew up. I sort of had a lot of issues with my previous tune and with Frost's tune, I have absolutely no problems!
Old 09-26-2010, 09:48 PM
TECH Addict

If my tune was bad, I would have had issues a long time ago. I'm not really concerned about it because of that.

I was more interested in since you are having a bigger and better setup than before if you would actually be driving it around in the future, or if it would stay clean and with low miles in the garage?
Old 09-26-2010, 10:14 PM
11 Second Club

So what has B had to say about all this? If it were my ride, I would be on the phone with him right away. Please don't tell me no one has bothered to called him and ask a few questions.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:42 AM
11 Second Club

I sent him several emails regarding my other issues prior to the latest snafu. He doesn't have anything scheduled around here and wanted me to drive my car to him to see whether or not he could fix it. Unfortunately with this current and bigger concern all I did was ask for my file from the last tune that was done.
Really don't want to take the risk....again.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:12 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SS1875
I sent him several emails regarding my other issues prior to the latest snafu. He doesn't have anything scheduled around here and wanted me to drive my car to him to see whether or not he could fix it. Unfortunately with this current and bigger concern all I did was ask for my file from the last tune that was done.
Really don't want to take the risk....again.
I hear ya. I'm hoping I can somehow get mine checked out before the end of October. I have the last three Wednesdays of the month off and want to get back to Muncie!
Old 09-27-2010, 12:02 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Your mixture quality is way off I can bet, and I know your driveability has never been good at all. Just think about it. Frost could make your car drive and run night/day difference!
Old 09-27-2010, 01:39 PM
TECH Addict

Sorry Joe. Call me old fashioned, but I'm one that believes "if its not broke, don't try to fix it".

True, the car is a 98 with a very large cam in it, and it is rough on a cold start idle, and it is possible Frost may be able to improve that. But actual driveability, performance, and a safe tune, I already have.

The car runs like a top. I've never had problems with it, so I have no need of trying out a new tune and changing things up. Several hundred dollars aren't worth a possible smoother idle to me.

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!