Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 09:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread is getting good
Old 08-16-2012, 06:32 AM
TECH Resident

Looks stellar. When ya shooting to have it back out? Im hopin mine will be done in a week or so, nothing as cool as this but i did get a blue nose pitt yesterday, gonna teach him to drive to keep the raceweight down.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:43 AM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Sofls1
Aww snap! someone's going off!
Yes sir!!!
Originally Posted by c0ncEpT
This thread is getting good
You aint seen nothing yet
Originally Posted by WhiteLTone
Looks stellar. When ya shooting to have it back out? Im hopin mine will be done in a week or so, nothing as cool as this but i did get a blue nose pitt yesterday, gonna teach him to drive to keep the raceweight down.
Hoping this Saturday will be the day, but it might be next weekend. I've got a NX SAFE stand alone fuel system coming right now they built for me with a walboro 255lph pump and an aeromotive regulator along with some really trick solenoid brackets.

This is the way I was going to mount everything

NX is sending me these.....The kits should hit very, very hard being that the solenoids are this close to the plate.

Old 08-16-2012, 07:56 AM
TECH Resident

Yessir should be able to feel that shot come in. Looks sweet.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:53 PM
FormerVendor

I'm really excited.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:53 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
Me likes this plate setup a lot!
Old 08-16-2012, 06:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn Martin your right those new brackets are f'n NICE. I'm loving how short those lines are.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:12 PM
9 Second Club

You copy cat! Haha looks like an exact copy of my kit now. I was the pioneer. Haha

We're raving this weekend as well
Old 08-16-2012, 09:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Very nice ride dude! Everything looks clean and organized exactly how I like my cars
Old 08-17-2012, 08:35 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Sofls1
Me likes this plate setup a lot!
Thanks Sof! I'm loving it too and I haven't even used it yet!
Originally Posted by My6speedZ
Damn Martin your right those new brackets are f'n NICE. I'm loving how short those lines are.
I told ya those brackets are P.I.M.P.!
Originally Posted by camscam02
You copy cat! Haha looks like an exact copy of my kit now. I was the pioneer. Haha

We're raving this weekend as well
Hey now, without pioneers where would be in this stock shortblock stuff?
I got something else yesterday that really makes it a copy of yours!
Originally Posted by BennyB
Very nice ride dude! Everything looks clean and organized exactly how I like my cars
Thanks man I'm re-doing most of the wiring this coming week when I bring my car up to the shop finally so it can stay here for customers to see and so I have all the tools I'll ever need to work on it. *Love my job*!

Here are some more parts pictures!!!

Old 08-17-2012, 06:04 PM
9 Second Club

looking good boss. Ill keep you updated with what we do this weekend.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:55 PM
FormerVendor

looking good boss. Ill keep you updated with what we do this weekend.
If it looks half as good as yours does I'll be good with it. I'm actually really trying to make it look like your set-up does because it is clean, that should be a compliment me copying you.

Cam if you could have compression where you wanted it to be fully optimized for nitrous on a 275-300 shot of nitrous where would you put it? I'm trying to decide on what chamber size on the new heads. I'm using a flat top as I was told my the fastest lsx nitrous car in the world to use one and to not run the compression where I wanted to at 14.2:1. Too high and it won't make a difference in how it runs after so much compression, and just closes the tuning window. I knew the tuning window will be small but I run my motor now low on timing compared to most people on race gas and try to run it lean and clean, but that wasn't working for me on the higher jetting I tried for my set-up.

And of course let me know what happens this weekend. Shoot me a text with some run info. What time does your race start?

Last edited by Sales@Tick; 08-17-2012 at 09:02 PM.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

I thought running a domed piston in a larger chamber (at the same given compression) vs a flat piston with a smaller chamber, gives a better tuning window because the flame front has to travel over the the piston dome.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:19 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
If it looks half as good as yours does I'll be good with it. I'm actually really trying to make it look like your set-up does because it is clean, that should be a compliment me copying you.

Cam if you could have compression where you wanted it to be fully optimized for nitrous on a 275-300 shot of nitrous where would you put it? I'm trying to decide on what chamber size on the new heads. I'm using a flat top as I was told my the fastest lsx nitrous car in the world to use one and to not run the compression where I wanted to at 14.2:1. Too high and it won't make a difference in how it runs after so much compression, and just closes the tuning window. I knew the tuning window will be small but I run my motor now low on timing compared to most people on race gas and try to run it lean and clean, but that wasn't working for me on the higher jetting I tried for my set-up.

And of course let me know what happens this weekend. Shoot me a text with some run info. What time does your race start?
Why thank you sir. We work hard to make it run good and look good at the same time. We dont like to throw things together.

Id run it 12:1-13:1 to keep an open tuning window. Once past that its not worth the power to the tuning window you have. Weather changes so often that having that window large enough for some error is always a good thing, becuase you arent always gonna nail that tuneup. Domed also gives more edges and bends for detonation and dislocations to occur. Boom

first pass should be at 10am pacific time tomorrow. We shall see what happens
Old 08-17-2012, 11:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks, Camscam
Old 08-18-2012, 09:45 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by My6speedZ
I thought running a domed piston in a larger chamber (at the same given compression) vs a flat piston with a smaller chamber, gives a better tuning window because the flame front has to travel over the the piston dome.
Scott that is also what I thought, but from what I am hearing Cam is correct that the dome makes more edges for micro detonation to occur.
Why thank you sir. We work hard to make it run good and look good at the same time. We dont like to throw things together.

Id run it 12:1-13:1 to keep an open tuning window. Once past that its not worth the power to the tuning window you have. Weather changes so often that having that window large enough for some error is always a good thing, becuase you arent always gonna nail that tuneup. Domed also gives more edges and bends for detonation and dislocations to occur. Boom

first pass should be at 10am pacific time tomorrow. We shall see what happens
You don't know how bad I wanted to just throw this stuff in there and go run it to see how fast it would go now, but I am taking my time, making EVERYTHING look the way I want it to(like yours) clean, neat, nice short lines that aren't ***** nilly everywhere etc. We will be fabricating some brackets to hold the stand alone in place this week at the shop. One of our mechanics actually just left my house with my car so he can take it to the shop in Mount Airy. No point in having my car here at the house when I've got a 10000 square foot shop to leave it in and work on it till my hearts desire. With those guys help and keen eye I think it will look really really good. I'm struggling with the thought of either selling the entire motor, trans and converter as a package to someone that wants a proven stock short block package to just drop in their car or taking the motor and putting one of my new cams I designed for our stage one off the shelf cams in it and put the motor and a T56 in my S-10.

I'm really leaning towards 13:1 maybe 13.5:1 for compression and 65-70 thousandths quench with heavy chamber softening and a flat top. Maybe even more quench. I'm going to have the head set-up with 65-70 thousandths and however far down in the hole we set the piston will determine what the final numbers ends up being.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:28 AM
On The Tree

Man i have the same nx kit (90mm version). The TB mounted noid bracket and short nitrous/fuel lines makes me want this. It really cleans up the look of the kit! Looks good man!
Old 08-19-2012, 12:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

thats a good lookin setup Martin! Looks like the job at Tick is really workin out for you, congrats!
Old 08-19-2012, 01:01 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by TA6spdRDC
Man i have the same nx kit (90mm version). The TB mounted noid bracket and short nitrous/fuel lines makes me want this. It really cleans up the look of the kit! Looks good man!
You should for sure look into getting the TB mounted solenoid brackets. They are going to clean up the long nitrous/fuel lines in the engine bay and just give it an overall neater look. I can only imagine the difference in nitrous/fuel delivery with them being that much shorter also.
Originally Posted by WheelsUp84z
thats a good lookin setup Martin! Looks like the job at Tick is really workin out for you, congrats!
Thanks Branden we missed you last Saturday bro, what happened? Did you ever make it? I know Austin wasn't able to come because of work is that why you decided not to come?

Yes, I love my job I couldn't ask for a better fit for me than to work in the high performance industry and around guys that are as selfless as the people I work with to get me going even faster, not to mention the help from NX!!!

I got to give a shot out to Kyle@NX for making all of this happen for me and I can't leave out Mike and Trey either!
Old 08-23-2012, 10:45 AM
FormerVendor

Here's some new pictures for you guys to look at....

Finally got my car up to the shop where it belongs with the rest of the pack. Be looking for these two cars in a 275 drag radial class near you!

We also got some new rubber for both of the cars, Mickey Thompson 3574x FTW!!!

I'll also have some updates for the nitrous fuel cell and wiring here shortly. We are fabricating the mount for the fuel cell right now and we're fabricating a fuel pressure gauge mount that will be welded to the radiator support so that I can see the fuel pressure gauge when I'm adjusting pressure. Where the cell is going to sit you'll never be able to see the gauge if it was mounted to the regulator.

Also NX has stepped it up AGAIN for me!!! They are custom bending some hard lines for me to run from my solenoids to my plate!!! I couldn't ask for a better sponsor than NX!!! Thanks for all you do for me, and if ANYONE needs the best product available AND some of the best if not THE best customer service and support in the industry, do not hesitate to pick up the phone and call NX! We're also a dealer for NX(and Nitrous Outlet) here at the shop so you can also call me and I'll get you taken care of one way or the other!

Quick Reply: My Stock shortblock/cubic inch cam-only entry:) 56k beware