Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

when you street race do people get mad that you use nitrous??

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 09:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default when you street race do people get mad that you use nitrous??

Just wondering how people react when you use nitrous on them. It seems to me that most people dont look at nitrous as a power adder like a turbo or supercharger. They think it is just cheap power, but maybe that is because they dont know what it is. Do alot of people want you to race them without the bottle? Im just curious, i am thinking of going with some and cant make up my mind.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:52 PM
TECH Resident

What they don't know won't hurt them.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:02 PM
Staging Lane

UNEDUCATED people look at it like that..
Old 10-19-2006, 12:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

yes. what pisses them off more is when they thought i used the nitrous and didnt. ill race a honda that all the honda cheerleaders think is fast and when i win they all assume i spray. everyone assumes if the car has a bottle the owner is spraying every race.
Old 10-19-2006, 01:31 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by chris.shea
yes. what pisses them off more is when they thought i used the nitrous and didnt. ill race a honda that all the honda cheerleaders think is fast and when i win they all assume i spray. everyone assumes if the car has a bottle the owner is spraying every race.
ditto. I tell them that they didnt stop making parts when I bought mine if you want to go fast buy something that makes you go fast, nothing beats nitrous on the street.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:12 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bottledls1
UNEDUCATED people look at it like that..
I disagree completely.

Power all the time > power sometimes

People can say it is "like" a turbo or supercharger all they want, but I still disagree, and that is ok. Everyone has their own opinions. I just don't see nitrous as a legit power adder unless it is a straight track car lookin to break records or something, even then I still think it is iffy. To me, nitrous on a car is like steroids to an athlete.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:34 AM
9 Second Club

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by So-GT0071
I disagree completely.

Power all the time > power sometimes

People can say it is "like" a turbo or supercharger all they want, but I still disagree, and that is ok. Everyone has their own opinions. I just don't see nitrous as a legit power adder unless it is a straight track car lookin to break records or something, even then I still think it is iffy. To me, nitrous on a car is like steroids to an athlete.

ts the same thing as a turbo and supercahrger.. and the thing is man... steroids are outlawed in most sports... street racing is run what ya brung... only pansys bitch about it.

You can put nitrous on your car jsut as fast as i did mine. If you choose not to, that is your choice of path... I have nitrous and a turbo =)... though I still have yet to use the nitrous.. haha
Old 10-19-2006, 02:35 AM
10 Second Club

I don't care what they think. Run what you brung. Nitrous is a power adder just like a turbo or supercharger. People get mad just because they lose.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:28 AM
TECH Regular

if you are on a tight budget a 150 shot is the way to go
Old 10-19-2006, 03:33 AM
TECH Addict

Don`t care what they think. I just Bust that ***!
Old 10-19-2006, 05:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i think that its only fair if you are racing something with a turbo or supercharger that you should be able to use nitrous. power adder vs power adder. if they dont like it then they should take the turbo off and run motor to motor, but they wont because most cars with turbos are 4cyl. then the whole you have a v8 and i only have a 4 will most likely come into play.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:14 AM
Banned

I Love when i hear the comments on how it is not a real power adder becouse it isnt on all the time . Only future ricers make that kind of comment becouse they dont understand what it takes to get the car to actually run right on the spray . Most of us spraying have our cars tunned to spray (at least i do ) . anyone can just throw a cheap system on there and go but it isnt going to run to its full potential or safe enless you do all the extra mods ( plugs,Tune ,purge,windowswitch,fuel pump, yada yada yada) and take your time and do it right . I really dont agree when you get a novice that buys a cheap kit throws it on and does no safty mods and blows something and then condems nitrous to everyone else saying it is dangerous
Old 10-19-2006, 07:05 AM
On The Tree

I would rather go all motor and beat someone on the street that has a power adder. All motor is the way to go when you want to impress the rest. I raced a supercharged cobra with 500hp to the wheels and ran door to door with him N/A.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:05 AM
12 Second Club

i spray a 125 shot on a basically stock car. i have a lid and cutout and thats it, stock timing, stock rear, stock a4. i dont plan on modding anything else untill i can afford a turbo kit. if it were up to me id already have a turbo kit, but this was the quickest and most affordable way to 400rwhp/450rwtq. its fun as **** when its on, but its only on a few times, id rather have the turbo which hits everytime i mat the gas, but i have to pay a permium for it, which i cant afford till next year at least
Old 10-19-2006, 09:18 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ulakovic22
What they don't know won't hurt them.
Hear, hear!!!

Jim C.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:23 AM
12 Second Club

Yes people will bitch about nitrous when you win or if they think they will lose i never saw some one who just won a race say that was unfair you have nitrous some how it only comes up when they lose. Nitrous is a modification like any thing else. If some one wants to complain just tell them that "If you dont want to race me then go home and let some one with some ***** step up." As for not all the time power you have to fill up your gas tank does that mean your cheating cause you dont have all the time power i mean with out gas you dont have any power. Nitrous cars just have to fill up a little more often thats what happens when you make power
Old 10-19-2006, 09:27 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah come guys! We all know because we do not have a pump on the car we can not be kool like the blower and turbo boys

Heck my car is so slow It needs NAAAWWWSSS just to get out of its own way
Old 10-19-2006, 09:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll look at it from the fbody itself. 4th gens are packed and take a lot of time/money/patience to go turbo or supercharger. I'm going to run a 100 shot for now and when the time comes for a new motor I'll build it for a bigger shot. Hmm one nitrous line for now with the dry shot, at most 16 small lines on your intake for a DP, or do you want to spend months trying to route miles of piping for the turbo?

I'll turbo something that is convienent like a 66 Chevelle or something.

I lost to a LS1 car with nitrous. I didn't get pissed, guy had to do what he had to do to win. We were side by side til he hit the spray, he needed it.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:45 AM
TECH Junkie

I hate people with that mentality, nitrous is a power adder like any other, deal with it or don't race! It's funny though, I take comfort in knowing that I can beat most vehicles out there w/o even needing the spray, if I spray it's just done!
Old 10-19-2006, 09:51 AM
Launching!

who cares what they think
and if you do care just spend the extra time and hid the kit (i'm making plans on the best way to hide one in my car)
it'll be a great way to **** with people lol

Quick Reply: when you street race do people get mad that you use nitrous??