Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Bulls**** Man!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 07:57 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Bulls**** Man!!!!

So I wrecked my T/A back in November and had it taken to a shop recommended to me by a buddy within 24hrs (front end damage...thread on here somewhere under already wrecked). The guy told me that it would take about 30 days to fix, but since it was winter and I had no immediate need for the car i simply said "take your time". The shop said they would eventually begin work on it. So I went back to the shop 2 weeks later to ask when they would start and he said in a couple days and then I came back a week later and I was told that he needed the hood (which I said I would order) for proper fitting...ok fine. The hood was ordered and about mid december, I find out that the hood had been delivered, but the guy didn't even check the hood or notify me when it arrived (turns out that instead of having the mesh installed in the nose and having all breathers cut out...there were 2 rectangles cut in the nose and some bs plastic that came with the hood to install) so now he has to properly cut the hood!!!

I paid for the repair in full ($3000) on before New Years Day (I was also told they needed the money to make the repairs) and I was told that he would start the work after the New Years Holiday. I checked the first friday afterward and still no movement so I waited til mid February to check again....STILL no movement. I decided to talk to the guy and told him that I want the car back in March since the weather was expected to be much better for driving. I went back Mar 2....no movement....I went back Mar 15....NO MOVEMENT!!! So I called the guy on the 16th and told him WTF...If my car aint been started by the next day....I am takin my **** elsewhere. The next day I see it inside the shop, but they didn't start the frame straightning til Mar 26 (frame looks like nothing moved). I dropped by on the 30th to take a look at a car that should have significant progress.....nothing!!! I called him up on Apr 3rd (yes April!!) and told him to give me my car and my $3000 today....I'm moving my ****!!! I told him that I have never seen a shop that has a car and been paid in full 3+ months to repair a car and how I knew for a fact that others I knew have had their cars back in like 2-3 weeks....tops!! He claims he ordered the parts already and that my car would be mostly done by the end of this week Apr 11. I say bullshit and he begs for a few more days. What do you guys think?

Sorry for the long post, but this **** is frustrating and at this point I just want my car back even if it means taking it to another shop that will charge me more.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

You were much more patient than I would have been at this point. I personally would still request my car and money back, he can eat the parts he ordered or send them back.

To wait that long is just absurd, poor business. Don't listen to that friend on some recommendations in the future!
Old 04-06-2009, 08:38 AM
FormerVendor

Thats some bull, i would take my business elsewhere. I mean do you really want someone with that amount of integrity and level of honesty working on your sportscar?
I don't
Old 04-06-2009, 08:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

You messed up in the first place by giving them full payment up front. And it sounds like some serious front end damage if they said 30 days to start with. Not trying to be an *** but this may be a lesson learned kind of situation.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:08 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Jon5212
You messed up in the first place by giving them full payment up front. And it sounds like some serious front end damage if they said 30 days to start with. Not trying to be an *** but this may be a lesson learned kind of situation.
You got that right!!
Old 04-06-2009, 10:10 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Bret@EFIAlchemy
Thats some bull, i would take my business elsewhere. I mean do you really want someone with that amount of integrity and level of honesty working on your sportscar?
I don't
At this point...the job may not be quality when they finish. I gotta go up there today anyway.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:21 AM
TECH Addict

Yeah I dont recommend pre paying for anything of that nature. IF they need you to order a special part you want installed thats one thing. But what you got is another.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:57 AM
Launching!

paying up front is crazy
Old 04-06-2009, 01:13 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by mieux97
At this point...the job may not be quality when they finish. I gotta go up there today anyway.
That's kinda what i was trying to get at. Either you have to make a neusance of yourself for them to get it done and they rush just to get it out, or its been sitting there for so long they dont care and just want it gone. Either way it doesnt sound like a good outcome IMO
Old 04-06-2009, 08:56 PM
Teching In

Get your car and cash back, and then charge him interest on the 3 grand.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:04 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks, I hope you either get your car fixed or he gives you your money back.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

do not let him continue to work on your car. if he first quoted you 30 days to finish, and now he says he can have it done in a week.... sounds like he will cut corners and do a cover-up job to get it done as fast as he can. get your money and your car and get the hell away from there...unless you dont care about the quality of the work
Old 04-07-2009, 02:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 227 Likes on 182 Posts

So I wrecked my T/A back in November and had it taken to a shop recommended to me by a buddy within 24hrs (front end damage...thread on here somewhere under already wrecked). The guy told me that it would take about 30 days to fix, but since it was winter and I had no immediate need for the car i simply said "take your time".
Mistake #1. NEVER act like you are not in a hurry.

I paid for the repair in full ($3000) on before New Years Day
Mistake #2. ALWAYS keep half-back until the job is complete.

Bummer man, hope it works out for you.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:10 AM
Teching In

good lessons and advice in here. I'm keeping this all in mind if I'm ever in this situation.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:33 PM
Teching In

Well...I have been to the shop for the past 3 days and they have been in the mix on my car everytime i have walked thru the door. I always park out of sight so they don't know when I am coming and the shop has no cameras. Its like they have been puttin in overtime since i got pissed and demanded my car!

This shop does good work from what I have seen with cars that have gone thru, but the time that went by and some things done during this whole spat don't make sence. It's still the last time I use this shop and I will refer no one to them.

Also......what's wrong with Maaco
Old 04-08-2009, 10:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wrecked mine and it was estimated 6-7 thousand dollars damage (insurance claim) and even with the place I took it to taking their sweet *** time and getting all new parts painted installed aligned etc... I still had my car back in just under two months.. Threaten this guy with a lawyer..
Old 04-08-2009, 11:24 PM
12 Second Club

Well...I have been to the shop for the past 3 days and they have been in the mix on my car everytime i have walked thru the door. I always park out of sight so they don't know when I am coming and the shop has no cameras. Its like they have been puttin in overtime since i got pissed and demanded my car!

This shop does good work from what I have seen with cars that have gone thru, but the time that went by and some things done during this whole spat don't make sence. It's still the last time I use this shop and I will refer no one to them.

Also......what's wrong with Maaco
Uh...they suck? Best way to put it about Maaco. Never use OEM parts, and they dont have any quality paints on hand. Im not sure if they even offer a clear coat.

Since they are already putting in work on you car it would be hard legally to get all your money back. I would let them continue and tell them it better be done right or youll see them in court if you find any evidence of shotty work OR BONDO!

3000 is a ton for a car considering I was quoted 2950 by the highest end body in town shop to install a WS6 hood and sand off all the current paint and paint the entire car OEM-quality and color black. That **** better be done right.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by nhraracer
Uh...they suck? Best way to put it about Maaco. Never use OEM parts, and they dont have any quality paints on hand. Im not sure if they even offer a clear coat.

Since they are already putting in work on you car it would be hard legally to get all your money back. I would let them continue and tell them it better be done right or youll see them in court if you find any evidence of shotty work OR BONDO!

3000 is a ton for a car considering I was quoted 2950 by the highest end body in town shop to install a WS6 hood and sand off all the current paint and paint the entire car OEM-quality and color black. That **** better be done right.
Yikes....well...I been to the shop almost everyday to see rebuild and so far...so good. I am with you....they got my money and wasted my time...so it better be right
Old 04-16-2009, 10:32 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by nhraracer

I went by the shop yesterday and in the spot where I had a small crack in my right fender I noticed 4 metal rivets nearly flush with the surface on each side of the crack...as tho the guy is attempting to fix the fender rather than replace it completely. My guess is he is planning to bondo then sand to a smooth finish. Should I wait for the finished product to check the quality or should I just tell the guy to replace it?

Old 04-16-2009, 10:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Replace that ****. The crack will come back with time, its PLASTIC. Your 3,000 you gave him should have covered that 100-150 dollar fender.

Quick Reply: Bulls**** Man!!!!