Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

C6Z vs. 500hp Turbo S2k (vid)

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

I hate to say it BUT
bang for the buck the LS F bodies are tough to beat wkith current pricing.....
but the build quality sucks like most other GMs. Hell my DD is a Camry which has almost 400K on it doesn't rattle,has original trans,water pump,motor blah blah. I don't think my Camaro is a good looking car at all even with an SS hood on it. I own two imports that blow the crap out of my LS from a dig and they are better built car as well.
Saying a guy who owns an import is stupid or doesn't know what he is talking about in term of speed etc is incredibly childish.
My ex GF had a 94 GSR-put 200K on that car and beat the hell out of it. Fun car and no complaints. I didn't think it was ugly at all.
If you are into drag racing most imports including the Supra are at a severe disadvantage. My Supra struggles to hit low 1.7 sixty foots on MTs despite running low 11s and trapping almost 130MPH on pump gas. Tall first gear,no low end power and weighing as much as a battleship make racing from a dig a challenge. Tough luck on me-either ditch the car-or do as much as you can to over come it.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
F-bodies aren't sports cars either
that's debatable... Of any car category, what would you put it in? NOt economy, not luxury, not suv, not minivan, not crossover...
Old 12-05-2010, 07:49 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by ryanisfast
It can be an RSX with a K22 or K20, whatever is in it. The engines are still very expensive and have now power... S2000 are weak in stock trim also. I would be happy if Honda could come out with a really nice powerful sports car. Even their NSX was weak...power wise, it didn't stand with any other supercars in the power department. A stock Fbody could do the same 1/4 mile time as an NSX. Don't get me wrong, I'd take the NSX any day over my Trans Am. Power isn't everything. I'm just making a point.

Maybe down in Texas, where you live, there aren't as many lowered hondas running around. Up here in WA, this is what we have... honda's everywhere, sti's, evo's. then you have all these ricers talking about how cool it is to jack a b18 from some other guys integra. It pisses me off first of all that these guys are stealing. then it pisses me off more that they care so much about stealing a car or an engine that puts 120whp to the ground in their 92 hatch! These guy think it's fast. 240's...same deal RB this RB that. You have to spend soo much just to get those cars to do anything fun. 240's don't even have an lsd stock!

I guess I should be glad that everyone around my area is trying to steal honda engines, that way I know my car is safe... I've had imports and I like them. I just don't like a lot of the culture and the attitude associated with the Honda's.
There are ignorant people everywhere, that drive all sorts of cars. But if somebody chooses a car because they LIKE it, and then choose to modify it, then it is not your place or anybody else's to pass judgement. And as far as S2000's being weak in stock form, those are real tough words coming from somebody that ran a 13.9 @ 100mph stock. That's right about what a well-driven S2000 runs. And they have been faster.
Originally Posted by cody123
my point exactly...."just another bolt on ls1 owner talking ****" "a civic can't be faster than a real car"......blah blah grow up ...bring your civic/integra junk up here and i'll show you what torque is just got my 200 shot on my 07 today. I'll give you a lesson in Torque 101....I'd also be willing to give you ...Handling 101, braking 101, aerodynamics 101 all of which your car needs badly which is why i consider my car a "real" car and your guys's civics and integra's...well....guess i call them fast civic and integras, cause at the end of the day thats all you have is a car that goes fast in a straight line and is worth less than my wheels and tires even after you put 6g's in the motor. I can respect a fast car but you guys that act like you throw a huge turbo on a FWD honda civic and it's Z06 territory get real.
I don't think anybody said anything like that, actually.

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
I hate to say it BUT
bang for the buck the LS F bodies are tough to beat wkith current pricing.....
but the build quality sucks like most other GMs. Hell my DD is a Camry which has almost 400K on it doesn't rattle,has original trans,water pump,motor blah blah. I don't think my Camaro is a good looking car at all even with an SS hood on it. I own two imports that blow the crap out of my LS from a dig and they are better built car as well.
Saying a guy who owns an import is stupid or doesn't know what he is talking about in term of speed etc is incredibly childish.
My ex GF had a 94 GSR-put 200K on that car and beat the hell out of it. Fun car and no complaints. I didn't think it was ugly at all.
If you are into drag racing most imports including the Supra are at a severe disadvantage. My Supra struggles to hit low 1.7 sixty foots on MTs despite running low 11s and trapping almost 130MPH on pump gas. Tall first gear,no low end power and weighing as much as a battleship make racing from a dig a challenge. Tough luck on me-either ditch the car-or do as much as you can to over come it.
I did too actually, first car. I'd say probably OVERALL, the best car I've had to date.
that's debatable... Of any car category, what would you put it in? NOt economy, not luxury, not suv, not minivan, not crossover...
It's a pony car. Sports cars are not sports cars just because of they perform well.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:49 PM
On The Tree

F-bodies aren't sports cars either
that's debatable... Of any car category, what would you put it in? NOt economy, not luxury, not suv, not minivan, not crossover... btw, pony car is a sub category of sports car... look it up.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:51 PM
Teching In

Sick cars...
Old 12-05-2010, 07:53 PM
Banned

that's debatable... Of any car category, what would you put it in? NOt economy, not luxury, not suv, not minivan, not crossover... btw, pony car is a sub category of sports car... look it up.
id say sport-ish cars. I consider a sports car a 2 seater, a corvette, viper, etc...
Old 12-05-2010, 07:54 PM
On The Tree

[QUOTE=Irunelevens;14200582]There are ignorant people everywhere, that drive all sorts of cars. But if somebody chooses a car because they LIKE it, and then choose to modify it, then it is not your place or anybody else's to pass judgement.

actually it is in my place to pass judgement. I can do that. Lol. Who are you to say who can and cannot pass judgment... Lol. I think you just like to stir the pot. I can't take a guy too seriously if he drives two yellow cars. Lol. Look, I'm passing judgement again...
Old 12-05-2010, 07:55 PM
On The Tree

id say sport-ish cars. I consider a sports car a 2 seater, a corvette, viper, etc...
I agree, I don't consider that Fbody a real sports car, but it's close. It has the power, but not the agility of a sports car.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:57 PM
***Repost Police***

actually it is in my place to pass judgement. I can do that. Lol. Who are you to say who can and cannot pass judgment... Lol. I think you just like to stir the pot. I can't take a guy too seriously if he drives two yellow cars. Lol. Look, I'm passing judgement again...
I'm the one that likes to stir the pot? Give me a break. Apparently you don't know the difference between "judging" somebody, and "passing judgement" on somebody. How old are you?
I agree, I don't consider that Fbody a real sports car, but it's close. It has the power, but not the agility of a sports car.
It doesn't matter how agile it is... it's not a sports car.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:59 PM
Banned

Tell ya what though. I've owned about every car you can imagine ( I own 2 used car dealerships), and honestly you don't get much better for your money than a LS F body IMO. These guys can talk all the smack they want to about them, but show me another bone stock car I can find for 5 grand that can run high 12 sec 1/4 mile....
Old 12-05-2010, 08:02 PM
***Repost Police***

Nobody is "talking smack" about anything. What thread are you reading?
Old 12-05-2010, 08:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

F body is not a sports car but any means. Pony car or a lower class GT.
Examples of a sports car are first and third gen Mr2s,early 70s MGs,Vettes etc...
Old 12-05-2010, 08:41 PM
Banned

Nobody is "talking smack" about anything. What thread are you reading?
Why do you argue with everyone? Make you feel tough? Read the last few pages and see where everyone with a honda, eclipse, integra or s2000 in their sig were infact talking "smack" about f bodys. What thread are YOU reading Mr. yellow cars?
Old 12-05-2010, 08:49 PM
***Repost Police***

Wow, you really do need help. Tell you what, do what I did and go back and read EVERY SINGLE POST in this thread, and show me one instance where somebody was "talking smack" about an F-body. Closest thing you'll find was the guy that sad he thought Camaros were fast, but ugly. Go ahead, I'll wait.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:56 PM
Teching In

Oh man.

Why does it matter if its a sports car or a sport compact? Run whatya brung.

Not once did I ever compare my cars to a Z06 or even an Fbody for that matter, and nor did I "talk smack". Just because they are cheap and easy to modify, and the motors make good power doesnt put them in the same class. The guy I bought my civic from bought a C5Z06 to road race with, but openly admits to me the civic would still rape it 8 ways from Sunday (in a straight line of course) even with the z06 being modded pretty good.

I hate the honda crowd in general which is another reason why I am on these forums, because even with these stupid (albeit entertaining) arguments, you guys can at least form proper sentences and dont use stupid *** slang every other word.

PS if you know someone whos stealing honda **** and admitting it openly, please do something about it. Its such a huge problem, and a super pain in the dick having to lock down my 4k economy car like fort knox for fear of some jackass taking off in it to put the motor in his ******* hatch (which I also hate).
Old 12-05-2010, 09:04 PM
Banned

Wow, you really do need help. Tell you what, do what I did and go back and read EVERY SINGLE POST in this thread, and show me one instance where somebody was "talking smack" about an F-body. Closest thing you'll find was the guy that sad he thought Camaros were fast, but ugly. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Tell you what...lets go through the threads you post in and see where you argue and try to make yourself seem like mr tough guy? Every damn one you post on..how lame can you be man? You've argued with 2 people (me and that other guy with the red TA), i'm like 20 minutes....over nothing. Get a life, I can't take you serious especially with the two yellow cars.
BTW if I called you ugly would that not be talking smack? lol
Every peson in this thread with a import car in their sig talks down on f body's in this thread, maybe not directly, but they obviously do...you need to get outside more my friend
Old 12-05-2010, 09:06 PM
***Repost Police***

Tell you what...lets go through the threads you post in and see where you argue and try to make yourself seem like mr tough guy? Every damn one you post on..how lame can you be man? You've argued with 2 people (me and that other guy with the red TA), i'm like 20 minutes....over nothing. Get a life, I can't take you serious especially with the two yellow cars.
BTW if I called you ugly would that not be talking smack? lol
Every peson in this thread with a import car in their sig talks down on f body's in this thread, maybe not directly, but they obviously do...you need to get outside more my friend
Blah blah blah... show me.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
Oh man.

Why does it matter if its a sports car or a sport compact? Run whatya brung.

Not once did I ever compare my cars to a Z06 or even an Fbody for that matter, and nor did I "talk smack". Just because they are cheap and easy to modify, and the motors make good power doesnt put them in the same class. The guy I bought my civic from bought a C5Z06 to road race with, but openly admits to me the civic would still rape it 8 ways from Sunday (in a straight line of course) even with the z06 being modded pretty good.

I hate the honda crowd in general which is another reason why I am on these forums, because even with these stupid (albeit entertaining) arguments, you guys can at least form proper sentences and dont use stupid *** slang every other word.

PS if you know someone whos stealing honda **** and admitting it openly, please do something about it. Its such a huge problem, and a super pain in the dick having to lock down my 4k economy car like fort knox for fear of some jackass taking off in it to put the motor in his ******* hatch (which I also hate).

He probably told you how badass the civic was as you were handing him cash for it am I right? lol i'm a car salesman, I know exaclty how that goes. Point being a civic can outrun a z06...so could a dodge caravan in you put enough money into it...but at the end of the day you still have a civic/minivan, and I have a z06, they're apples and oranges, the civic may beat it at ONE thing if you put enough cash in it but what about the others? Handling? Braking? Comfort? Luxury? Torque? Aerodynamics? See what I'm saying? Not trying to be rude at all either man

BTW I can't believe people will steal your damn MOTOR!? Are you serious? People will do that? How in the hell do they pull that off?
Old 12-05-2010, 09:11 PM
***Repost Police***

He probably told you how badass the civic was as you were handing him cash for it am I right? lol i'm a car salesman, I know exaclty how that goes. Point being a civic can outrun a z06...so could a dodge caravan in you put enough money into it...but at the end of the day you still have a civic/minivan, and I have a z06, they're apples and oranges, the civic may beat it at ONE thing if you put enough cash in it but what about the others? Handling? Braking? Comfort? Luxury? Torque? Aerodynamics? See what I'm saying? Not trying to be rude at all either man

BTW I can't believe people will steal your damn MOTOR!? Are you serious? People will do that? How in the hell do they pull that off?
You've been here for a little over a month and you think you know everything already... he already said why he bought the car, and he has already stated that he knows EXACTLY what it can and cannot do. So who is the one that is trying to argue with everybody?
Old 12-05-2010, 09:20 PM
Teching In

He probably told you how badass the civic was as you were handing him cash for it am I right? lol i'm a car salesman, I know exaclty how that goes.
Yeah I guess it doesnt mean anything that he was is a good friend of mine / roomate in college / owned the car for 6 years and built it the way it sits knowing fully capable of what It and the z06 can and cannot do.

Quick Reply: C6Z vs. 500hp Turbo S2k (vid)