Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 06:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
From looking into it the closest thing to me will be a 1/4 in Orlando (I don't do 1/8 racing). Yea the estate market is **** right now, one reason why we are looking to buy in the St Augustine area! Badass beaches and stuff all around! I haven't been deep into Jax but from what I saw it was nice. Our family friends that live down there told us to not go in the "bad area of Jax". I didn't believe them until we took a wrong turn off 95 and got in a lock the doors area!

Oh and the seafood around the Bridge of the Lions is AMAZING.
Orlando Speed world!!! JAX sucks. Check out Space Coast too-I live in south Merritt Island

Sounds good! I'll have some drag strip buddies in line before we move!

I thought you lived up with Hiho tho?

Uh oh doh. My MD house is hour and half from Hioslow and my Pa house maybe 4.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And correct me if I'm wrong but I think Bitemark told me down there the tracks are open year round.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

Yes sir.
I "think" the air quality from March and up is not as good as upper east so MPH may suffer. My Mustang lost 2MPH at Palm Beach which is 2 hours south(gets hotter than Orlando area)...
Old 01-03-2013, 07:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sweet99ss
Funny you say that because that's the main one I was looking at so far. The car is for my mother. She still has 3 kids at home so money is tight and she needs it to get good mileage as she drives an hour to work and back everyday. Needs to have less than 45k miles and under 20k miles. I can't talk her into an accord because she thinks she needs a bigger car for the kids. What are good years to look at for the rav4?
I see the 2010 sport with the v6 being the one talked about running 14.4's stock, the forester xt isnt a bad idea either...I had one and modded the crap out of it unfortunately lol.

I see the 06 Rav 4 running 14.7, so probably any one with a v6 is somewhere in the 14's. What about looking at a subaru outback? Honestly anything subaru gets my vote, I had two of them and my friends all have them and theyre pretty reliable unless you start playing with them then its up to you how you treat it.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
Yes sir.
I "think" the air quality from March and up is not as good as upper east so MPH may suffer. My Mustang lost 2MPH at Palm Beach which is 2 hours south(gets hotter than Orlando area)...
MPH suffers or ET and MPH suffers? Air might be worse but it is much closer to sea level...

Great, now my car will trap 103mph
Old 01-03-2013, 10:59 PM
12 Second Club

From looking into it the closest thing to me will be a 1/4 in Orlando (I don't do 1/8 racing). Yea the estate market is **** right now, one reason why we are looking to buy in the St Augustine area! Badass beaches and stuff all around! I haven't been deep into Jax but from what I saw it was nice. Our family friends that live down there told us to not go in the "bad area of Jax". I didn't believe them until we took a wrong turn off 95 and got in a lock the doors area!

Oh and the seafood around the Bridge of the Lions is AMAZING.
Actually you'll be closer to gainesville raceway coming from st augustine. Its a better track than spinworld imo. Gator nationals is there. Jax is def ok as long as youre not on the northside.

Last edited by wooddaniel; 01-03-2013 at 11:15 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:04 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2StepsAhead
I see the 2010 sport with the v6 being the one talked about running 14.4's stock, the forester xt isnt a bad idea either...I had one and modded the crap out of it unfortunately lol.

I see the 06 Rav 4 running 14.7, so probably any one with a v6 is somewhere in the 14's. What about looking at a subaru outback? Honestly anything subaru gets my vote, I had two of them and my friends all have them and theyre pretty reliable unless you start playing with them then its up to you how you treat it.
Well I'm not to worried about how fast it is.. She doesn't want anything doggy that she can't pass in though.. I'm looking for what looks good, cheapest, lowest miles, and gas mileage. The earlier ones before 2008 don't look as good so it will probably have to be an 08 or newer
Old 01-04-2013, 04:57 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone seen this nasty s2000!?
Old 01-04-2013, 12:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

So ebay can suck my dick lol. Won't ever sell **** on there again. I get an email that says I can sell any item for free. So I post up my brand new turbo and sell it for $100 off brand new price. Now 2 weeks later they give me an invoice fee of $55? So now I have $20 in paypal fees off and ebays ****** *** takes off $55! **** EBAY IN THE ***. So I spend a good 30 mins on the phone just waiting to talk to someone and finally I get on the phone with a douche and he tells me to find the email. I tell him the email has already been deleted because it was over 2 weeks ago I sold the item. So he looks up and confirms that I had an email saying I had a free sell, but can't do anything because I deleted the email from my inbox! LOL seriously?

**** EBAY / End rant...
Old 01-04-2013, 12:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

So ebay can suck my dick lol. Won't ever sell **** on there again. I get an email that says I can sell any item for free. So I post up my brand new turbo and sell it for $100 off brand new price. Now 2 weeks later they give me an invoice fee of $55? So now I have $20 in paypal fees off and ebays ****** *** takes off $55! **** EBAY IN THE ***. So I spend a good 30 mins on the phone just waiting to talk to someone and finally I get on the phone with a douche and he tells me to find the email. I tell him the email has already been deleted because it was over 2 weeks ago I sold the item. So he looks up and confirms that I had an email saying I had a free sell, but can't do anything because I deleted the email from my inbox! LOL seriously?

**** EBAY / End rant...
lmao... sounds like ebay
Old 01-04-2013, 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not only that, eBay now apparently has you put up a credit card for buyer protection, along with PayPal. So if the buyer doesn't want the item, you're screwed. eBay has fucked sellers over and over and over. I sell stuff on Amazon or forums now, **** eBay.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts

Got the good ol` stock LS1 in it

Old 01-04-2013, 11:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Well I'm not to worried about how fast it is.. She doesn't want anything doggy that she can't pass in though.. I'm looking for what looks good, cheapest, lowest miles, and gas mileage. The earlier ones before 2008 don't look as good so it will probably have to be an 08 or newer
My wife had a 05 she bought new and a 2011 Rav 4 limited 4cylinder she bought new. Both great on gas. The 11 was way nicer of course. They have decent room inside. And are very safe. My wife got rid the 11 after being rear ended twice. The on time women was doing 40mph never stopped and rearended my wife while she was was stopped at a stop sign. My wife was competely ok. Rav 4 took 14k in damage. They repaired it cause was still worth so much cause resale. She traded it for a new 4Runner limited after it was fixed. A lot more room, and about same inside but mpg sucked on 4Runner.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My friends driveway eats cars (I should add I had to stop going there in the camaro cause I would get stuck every single time in the winter ), got stuck in the pickup last night, guess I need to finally put some weight in the back of it. Had my three buddies hop in the bed and drove right out

Also, dropped of some **** at the scrapyard and weighted the truck and it weights 4100.

Really need to research and see what pick and pull rear would have posi and be a direct bolt in, the open diff is SO ******* annoying...
Old 01-05-2013, 09:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Well what was a cammed 3v isn't. The owner lied to sound cool and it's actually a 2v with "race pistons". I didn't waste the gas but a exhaust only GTO put several countys between them in a race.

GTO wants to run me but won't until he gets his car tuned.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:25 AM
ASSuming On The Tree

**** EBAY / End rant...
I just tell my bank I didn't authorize the charges. Lol
Old 01-05-2013, 02:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ZFreie
My friends driveway eats cars (I should add I had to stop going there in the camaro cause I would get stuck every single time in the winter ), got stuck in the pickup last night, guess I need to finally put some weight in the back of it. Had my three buddies hop in the bed and drove right out

Also, dropped of some **** at the scrapyard and weighted the truck and it weights 4100.
I love the new tires on mine. I haven't had the truck in 4WD mode yet, only RWD, and Des Moines had like 13" of snow when we were there a few weeks back. Granted I have ~300lbs worth of sandbags over the rear axle and a whole bunch of snow still in the bed
Originally Posted by audacious nick
I just tell my bank I didn't authorize the charges. Lol
Most banks charge a decent sized fee to file a Shazam dispute or stop pay. I want to say in the range of $28-$35. Still better than $55.

This makes me miss summer...
Old 01-05-2013, 09:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 448 Likes on 354 Posts

I'm ready to get back on the water too!
Old 01-05-2013, 10:35 PM
TECH Regular

Glad to know I'm not the only person here with the water bug lol
Old 01-06-2013, 11:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I'm ready to get back on the water too!
For sure, man!

I'm thinking in the next few years once I'm fully comfortable with the STX-15F (my first ski), I'm going to upgrade to a brand new RXP-X and add some mods or try to find a used one with some mods on it

Those are some awesome skis!
Originally Posted by why87
Glad to know I'm not the only person here with the water bug lol
Nice, what jet ski/boat do you have?

I'm hoping I can find a swim platform extension for the Bayliner 205 for this summer.

Quick Reply: Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)