Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Mach at the track

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2013 | 06:46 PM
Staging Lane

Will you guys stop the bitching and just hurry up and run each other...
Old 05-19-2013 | 06:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Wake me up when Adam does anything worth talking about.
Old 05-19-2013 | 06:50 PM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
You are missing my point 3rd grader. Now stay with me here...

Sepno with 50rwhp more than me trapped 2mph more. Launching at 6000rpms on slicks isn't going to boost your trap speed just like leaving at 2,000rpms on street tires isn't going to drop the bottom out of your trap speed. So now that we have that clear I would like you or GTOspeed boy or whoever explain how a bolt on LS1 only trapped 110mph. Not that it really matters but I think its entertaining that you guys look at it from only one side.

Oh and that same night a red LS1 (not sure what mods) was running 14's @ 101mph.

Trap speed > ET fo life yo!!!!!!!!!!!!
So your telling me accelerating harder sooner for the whole length of the track won't increase trap and lower et? So far when my 60' drops I go faster....and I've got some room to grow

I stopped worrying about what others run with their ls1's. I can get them to go pretty good and have backed that up. Some people will never get the results they should. Anybody that has a ls1 running 14.1 should not even be driving.....should not even own a car. Those dumbasses like guitar should ride public transportation.
Old 05-19-2013 | 06:55 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Guitar
Oh yeah, that's why my car outruns lighter cars with more whp. Lol.
It takes more whp to outrun lighter cars... you didn't know that?
Old 05-19-2013 | 06:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
So your telling me accelerating harder sooner for the whole length of the track won't increase trap and lower et? So far when my 60' drops I go faster....and I've got some room to grow

I stopped worrying about what others run with their ls1's. I can get them to go pretty good and have backed that up. Some people will never get the results they should. Anybody that has a ls1 running 14.1 should not even be driving.....should not even own a car. Those dumbasses like guitar should ride public transportation.
While I agree that Guitar should stick to sitting in the stands while clapping and yelling..I think Sepno did pretty well for what we were given that night. I literally bought some used ET Streets and threw in some gears to get revenge. However neither of our cars or any car that night were performing at peak performance. Ah hell, what's the point... carry on.
Old 05-19-2013 | 07:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
It takes more whp to outrun lighter cars... you didn't know that?
It takes more whp to outrun a lighter car with more whp.

GT500 owner logic.
Old 05-19-2013 | 07:07 PM
11 Second Club

It takes more whp to outrun a lighter car with more whp.

GT500 owner logic.
Which lighter car has more whp... mang you losing me. And you seem to have this thing against GT500's. Butthurt by one? I am not in here talking down about any cars.. even talking about the C6Z.. I acknowledge they are a sweet car. I give props where its due. You on the other hand, seem to have this inbred hate for anything other than GM products. you sir, need to open your eyes and mind a little more.

A quick car is a quick car, regardless of whether it has to make more rwhp because it is heavier, or needs less because it is lighter. I like racing because it is fun, and only because it is fun.. I do not do it to downtalk another persons ride.

My car is most definitely fast. Period. And your 386rwhp T/A should be fast too. As a matter of fact, I have always loved the Trans Am's.. owned a 95 Vert, and am not biased for or against any particular make.
Old 05-19-2013 | 07:32 PM
Teching In

Lol..... this thread is awsome!!! I don't have a dog in the fight I quess because my mach is down for a couple more weeks but damn we need to stop talking on a forum and do some runs.... like I said earlier if we do some kind of meet it would allow some of you prove your points. Bolt on ls1 should be faster then bolt on mach 1 then lets prove it.... I have a vid of my mach when it had cai/4.10s/cb and drag radials running 12.9 @ 108 ar darlington.
Old 05-19-2013 | 07:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Mach 1 went 13.89
Lol my LT1 did that bone stock with 140k miles.

I took a nap in the middle of the run.
Old 05-19-2013 | 07:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

You clearly said "so after the 1/8 IDK" so are you saying you don't know what it will do at the 1/4? Or are you saying it will run 12.5 again? By the way with the whole trap speed thing how do you guys explain a 340rwhp ls1 trapping 110mph multiple times? Better yet why should a 292rwhp Mach on bias ply tires trap higher than a 340rwhp ls1 on the same night? Just curious....
You are hard headed. And no, my name is not Nostrafukingdamus, so I do not KNOW without a shadow of a doubt what your Mach will do. I do know it will not run an 11.99 unless you have dropped weight, or done a whole hell of a lot somewhere else. And that 11.5 dream you have, yea...spray it and lie to us when you figure it out.

How does a 340 RWHP LS1 trap 110 and a your Mach trap higher? Well, first off I had no idea you ever trapped +111 MPH, and second...how do you explain my tune/exhaust/lid automatic LS1 trapping 114 MPH and running 12.22 with less than 350 RWHP on STREET TIRES? Its called experience, thats how it happens.

I said "after the 1/8th idk" because I DONT KNOW. I look like Madam Cleo to you? All I can do is speculate, just like you or anyone else on this and any other forum. Grow the hell up son, seriously.
Old 05-19-2013 | 07:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GtoSpd
You are hard headed. And no, my name is not Nostrafukingdamus, so I do not KNOW without a shadow of a doubt what your Mach will do. I do know it will not run an 11.99 unless you have dropped weight, or done a whole hell of a lot somewhere else. And that 11.5 dream you have, yea...spray it and lie to us when you figure it out.

How does a 340 RWHP LS1 trap 110 and a your Mach trap higher? Well, first off I had no idea you ever trapped +111 MPH, and second...how do you explain my tune/exhaust/lid automatic LS1 trapping 114 MPH and running 12.22 with less than 350 RWHP on STREET TIRES? Its called experience, thats how it happens.

I said "after the 1/8th idk" because I DONT KNOW. I look like Madam Cleo to you? All I can do is speculate, just like you or anyone else on this and any other forum. Grow the hell up son, seriously.
No reason why his mach couldn't run a 11.5 on motor if he starts adding parts.
Old 05-19-2013 | 07:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by automach1
No reason that why his mach couldn't run a 11.5 on motor if he starts adding parts.
Shut the *** up.
Old 05-19-2013 | 08:00 PM
Banned

Shut the *** up.
Nice intelligent reply. I expect nothing less from Mr. Experienced
Old 05-19-2013 | 08:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nice intelligent reply. I expect nothing less from Mr. Experienced
Don't worry, one day you will learn to drive down the 1/4 too, then you might actually run better than a high 12 in that GT500. In the meantime, yes, shut the *** up.
Old 05-19-2013 | 08:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

I said "after the 1/8th idk" because I DONT KNI got a guy with a built transam on spray I could maybe get out thereOW. I look like Madam Cleo to you? All I can do is speculate, just like you or anyone else on this and any other forum. Grow the hell up son, seriously.
So you don't know what it will run but you know it won't run 11s unless I dropped alot if weight or added a whole bunch of ****...interesting.

I was only asking what you thought it would run because of your extensive Mach 1 knowledge and you have already figured it out. Would save me alot of wear and tear if you would tell me so I could just go ahead and put the times in my sig instead if waiting.

And for the last time I have no idea why your modded AUTOMATIC ls1 with more mods ran slower in the 1/8 than my car.
Old 05-19-2013 | 08:32 PM
Banned

Don't worry, one day you will learn to drive down the 1/4 too, then you might actually run better than a high 12 in that GT500. In the meantime, yes, shut the *** up.
Yea big talk coming from a stalled auto driver Oh he mad now
Old 05-19-2013 | 08:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

So you don't know what it will run but you know it won't run 11s unless I dropped alot if weight or added a whole bunch of ****...interesting.

I was only asking what you thought it would run because of your extensive Mach 1 knowledge and you have already figured it out. Would save me alot of wear and tear if you would tell me so I could just go ahead and put the times in my sig instead if waiting.

And for the last time I have no idea why your modded AUTOMATIC ls1 with more mods ran slower in the 1/8 than my car.
It ran one tenth slower in the 1/8th because I was on street tires and pulled a 1.9 60...meaning you had to launch the absolute *** out of your Mach on slicks to do the same thing. You also want to leave out the fact that my car was still making the same power as that LS1 you saw run 110 mph, which was the whole point in me bringing up my ET so stop trying to deflect and admit that 340 rwhp LS1 you saw run is not representative of what a 340 RWHP LS1 can do, lol. I have already proven otherwise with my own car.

Thats right, I don't know if it will run a 12.24869 or a 12.5799, but I DO know that Mach isn't going into the 11s without major weight loss or nitrous oxide. I've already told you good luck and I truly hope you prove me wrong. Get over yourself man.
Old 05-19-2013 | 09:45 PM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

While I agree that Guitar should stick to sitting in the stands while clapping and yelling..I think Sepno did pretty well for what we were given that night. I literally bought some used ET Streets and threw in some gears to get revenge. However neither of our cars or any car that night were performing at peak performance. Ah hell, what's the point... carry on.
Sepno had a bad night at the track....period. He wasn't driving well. Free mods get these cars to the 12's. headers are not needed. Drag tires are not needed.

Notch is parting out his car......it's shame to. I guarantee we coulda go it to 11.4's. Headers really woke it up. With a little chassis work and some wr it may have went faster than that.
Originally Posted by 4.6pimp
Lol..... this thread is awsome!!! I don't have a dog in the fight I quess because my mach is down for a couple more weeks but damn we need to stop talking on a forum and do some runs.... like I said earlier if we do some kind of meet it would allow some of you prove your points. Bolt on ls1 should be faster then bolt on mach 1 then lets prove it.... I have a vid of my mach when it had cai/4.10s/cb and drag radials running 12.9 @ 108 ar darlington.
That's free mod territory bud.
Originally Posted by Puck
Lol my LT1 did that bone stock with 140k miles.

I took a nap in the middle of the run.
I had a buddy the went 13.9 in the heat with his 120k stock lt car. It was auto.
No reason why his mach couldn't run a 11.5 on motor if he starts adding parts.
So now bolt-on Machs are faster than gt100's
Shut the *** up.
This
Big talk....coming from you who has not backed up anything they have said.
Old 05-19-2013 | 10:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Uhh, yea man...I beat your current best with that GT500 by well over half a second and I did it on the stock stall, street tires, and MAYBE 330-340 RWHP, lol. Kind of puts things into perspective doesn't it. I so mad....
Old 05-19-2013 | 10:27 PM
Teching In

Man, some funny sh*t in the last two pages! We should have these conversations at a bar while everyone is trashed. I could only imagine the funny sh*t that would come out then!

Quick Reply: Mach at the track