Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Mach at the track

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 03:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Weight difference between a 96-98 Cobra 5 speed vs a Mach?
Old 04-04-2013, 03:09 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Hiho do you realize you have yet to show me any LS1 that mod for mod can outrun a N/A 4.6L at the track...

How about this, you swap rears with an f-body and compare. Lets see how well you ET with a ten bolt. Then we can see how well the f-body can ET. You MPH as much as most stock 01-02 f-bodys btw. Why not compare MPH?
Old 04-04-2013, 03:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

If your car doesn't run 9s cam only you're doing it wrong.

Old 04-04-2013, 03:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adamantium
How about this, you swap rears with an f-body and compare. Lets see how well you ET with a ten bolt. Then we can see how well the f-body can ET. You MPH as much as most stock 01-02 f-bodys btw.

I'll gladly take ET over MPH.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:25 PM
Banned

Im sure every person on here that owns an LS1 f-body would benefit from gears, suspension, slick and being able to dump there clutch at redline. Anyone can do that with a rear, im more concerned about power and MPH. I rather swap a rear then an engine. Id hope youd take ET over MPH, if not you'd bought the wrong car for that.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Kevin you running stock axles in that car?
Old 04-04-2013, 03:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

So, for ***** and giggles, let's go mod for mod, assuming a 10 bolt doesn't break.

Full exhaust, gears, intake on both cars.

You're saying a N/A 4.6 has the advantage?
Old 04-04-2013, 03:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Im sure every person on here that owns an LS1 f-body would benefit from gears, suspension, slick and being able to dump there clutch at redline. Anyone can do that with a rear, im more concerned about power and MPH. I rather swap a rear then an engine. Id hope youd take ET over MPH, if not you'd bought the wrong car for that.
No one is dumping the clutch at redline, but I see what you are doing. I was just shy of 2,000rpms from redline. And why would I need to swap an engine?
Old 04-04-2013, 03:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Guitar
So, for ***** and giggles, let's go mod for mod, assuming a 10 bolt doesn't break.

Full exhaust, gears, intake on both cars.

You're saying a N/A 4.6 has the advantage?
What is this? An assumed bench race, assuming that the 10 bolt doesn't break? Thats alot of assuming for the GM side.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

What is this? An assumed bench race, assuming that the 10 bolt doesn't break? Thats alot of assuming for the GM side.
You're bench racing the 1/4, so why can't we bench race rear ends? A 10 bolt can hold up on an automatic car and some have held them up on manual cars. So it is possible.

So let's go mod for mod (because that isn't bench racing apparently) and say they both have Ford 9"s as an upgrade.

What happens now?
Old 04-04-2013, 03:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Guitar
You're bench racing the 1/4, so why can't we bench race rear ends? A 10 bolt can hold up on an automatic car and some have held them up on manual cars. So it is possible.

So let's go mod for mod (because that isn't bench racing apparently) and say they both have Ford 9"s as an upgrade.

What happens now?
Why would the Mustang replace the 8.8 with a 9" that is much heavier? The 8.8 is more than strong enough to get the job done. So I wouldn't call a Ford 9" an upgrade for the Mustang. I like to drop weight, not gain it.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:55 PM
Banned

No one is dumping the clutch at redline, but I see what you are doing. I was just shy of 2,000rpms from redline. And why would I need to swap an engine?
Because your car doesn't make power and it sure as hell doesn't MPH enough. You had to mod your car and add a **** load of gear to be able to come up with a 108 MPH trap. My buddy went 107 in a bone stock 02 fully optioned SS. I think Hio went 108 stock or something.

We all know MPH with the right 60 foot will equal a certain ET, with that being said with the right 60 foot a stock f-body would be able to ET what your car would ET if not more. Mod for mod lets not even go there, cause it would be worse for you.

Im not trying to discredit you btw, your car does exactly what you want it to. But making a bold statement like you said on an LSx site is not going to get positive feedback.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

How about this, you swap rears with an f-body and compare. Lets see how well you ET with a ten bolt. Then we can see how well the f-body can ET. You MPH as much as most stock 01-02 f-bodys btw. Why not compare MPH?
Good God at the first bolded part.

At the second bolded part, because ET wins at the 1/4 strip. No point in comparing mph when the ET takes the win in this certain arena
Old 04-04-2013, 04:03 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
Weight difference between a 96-98 Cobra 5 speed vs a Mach?
Not sure on the Mach but my manual says the cobra weighed 3415. I'd suspect the Mach a cvnt hair heavier.

To the other argument. You either get to a ET by either traction or MPH. An ET is an ET. For me I like going fast with as little power as I can. Within the first 330' there is a lot goin on in the cabin. Its always exciting. lol.

On good traction days my lower back is sore from it being slammed into the non padded racing seat. I fuggin love it!
Old 04-04-2013, 04:06 PM
On The Tree

I'm just about willing to bet money that Kevin's car won't e.t like it did at Mooresville when he goes to Z-Max. My thinking is that Mooresville is a much better hooking track than Z-Max.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Good God at the first bolded part.

At the second bolded part, because ET wins at the 1/4 strip. No point in comparing mph when the ET takes the win in this certain arena
If thats the case then he got his *** pounded every race. Who cares? People go to the strip to chase numbers, beat personal bests wether there looking for ET or MPH. So because the car ETs good at the track it makes it the faster car in every situation? lol no. Stop being so one sided. Its hilarious , the guys who only care about ET are the guys whos cars MPH like dog ****. How about caring about both you dumbasses? A good car will MPH well AND ET well..

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
Not sure on the Mach but my manual says the cobra weighed 3415. I'd suspect the Mach a cvnt hair heavier.

To the other argument. You either get to a ET by either traction or MPH. An ET is an ET. For me I like going fast with as little power as I can. Within the first 330' there is a lot goin on in the cabin. Its always exciting. lol.

On good traction days my lower back is sore from it being slammed into the non padded racing seat. I fuggin love it!

lol forgot to say "No homo" though bro.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Because your car doesn't make power and it sure as hell doesn't MPH enough. You had to mod your car and add a **** load of gear to be able to come up with a 108 MPH trap. My buddy went 107 in a bone stock 02 fully optioned SS. I think Hio went 108 stock or something.

We all know MPH with the right 60 foot will equal a certain ET, with that being said with the right 60 foot a stock f-body would be able to ET what your car would ET if not more. Mod for mod lets not even go there, cause it would be worse for you.

Im not trying to discredit you btw, your car does exactly what you want it to. But making a bold statement like you said on an LSx site is not going to get positive feedback.
Yes the car MPHed 108. That is all anyone has to say against my car, ever. Fact is I had 2 seized calipers but no one cares to mention that. At the end you run what you run and that is why I don't always bring it up. Doesn't change the fact that it only trapped that. Also look at the car I was running. A 340rwhp LS1 that trapped 110mph.

And if you knew anything about a Mach 1's powerband it doesn't make power up top so in the 1/4 as far as MPH goes, my 4.56s are actually hurting me not helping me.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Heater
I'm just about willing to bet money that Kevin's car won't e.t like it did at Mooresville when he goes to Z-Max. My thinking is that Mooresville is a much better hooking track than Z-Max.
Possible, but I've had great luck with my bias plys at tracks with next to no prep. We will see though...
Old 04-04-2013, 04:32 PM
Banned

Yes the car MPHed 108. That is all anyone has to say against my car, ever. Fact is I had 2 seized calipers but no one cares to mention that. At the end you run what you run and that is why I don't always bring it up. Doesn't change the fact that it only trapped that. Also look at the car I was running. A 340rwhp LS1 that trapped 110mph.

And if you knew anything about a Mach 1's powerband it doesn't make power up top so in the 1/4 as far as MPH goes, my 4.56s are actually hurting me not helping me.
Just like the only thing you mention to anyone on here like automach or hio or notch is about how bad there cars ET. Dude Notchs car made 340 and traped 116 so? Its safe to say dyno numbers don't tell the whole story.

I don't care to know anything about mach's, im not preaching LSx on a ford site, or vise versa. Like you are. All ive learned from what you guys tell me on here is they need gear.

Again. Your statement about never seeing an LS1 f-body ET what you ET mod for mod is a bland tasteless thing to be proud of. Its like me saying "yeah bro i have yet to see a mach 1 with cloth seats and chrome stocks and a hatchback do what my car does". Lol okay?
Old 04-04-2013, 04:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Just like the only thing you mention to anyone on here like automach or hio or notch is about how bad there cars ET. Dude Notchs car made 340 and traped 116 so? Its safe to say dyno numbers don't tell the whole story.

I don't care to know anything about mach's, im not preaching LSx on a ford site, or vise versa. Like you are. All ive learned from what you guys tell me on here is they need gear.

Again. Your statement about never seeing an LS1 f-body ET what you ET mod for mod is a bland tasteless thing to be proud of. Its like me saying "yeah bro i have yet to see a mach 1 with cloth seats and chrome stocks and a hatchback do what my car does". Lol okay?
See the difference is I post up times and I get attacked. Me backing my car isn't the same as going after someone about their's. Make sense?

Quick Reply: Mach at the track