Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Mach at the track

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 12:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bloodykisses
Luckily i have no plans of boosting my ford.
You and me both
Old 04-14-2013, 01:02 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bloodykisses
Luckily i have no plans of boosting my ford.
Lol you own a platform worth building NA though.

Originally Posted by LT/LS Guy
What's funny is how it seems you two reiterate each others points on each and every post you make, one after the other and down to the t. Not just in this section, but all over the board it seems. Ironic, like you guys are twins. Or the same people. lol
What? Seriously, go and find my post in anywhere else but here. In the tech section and please quote me on where i act the same as here. 90% of the posts i make on here is straight trolling. Clearly you are new to this section. What i can't see eye to eye with a member on here? its against the rules?

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Don't worry he'll boost like the almost all of the ford guys on here did to get it to go......you know the ones that think the modular is so great....lmao

I think it's funny how I liked the nitto's and his superior set up car can't hook on them.
Lol he was though right? Atleast evan's car gets ******* down and its still NA.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by adamantium
Lol you own a platform worth building NA though.

Lol he was though right? Atleast evan's car gets ******* down and its still NA.
Says the guy that couldn't get within 5 lengths of me at the end of the track. But hey, you might out trap me right?
Old 04-14-2013, 01:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Trap speed this trap speed that.. blah blah blah...
Old 04-14-2013, 02:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Says the guy that couldn't get within 5 lengths of me at the end of the track. But hey, you might out trap me right?

Lol You act like you race at the track 100 times a week. Dude this is the first time ive seen you post about going to the track since ive joined here. Get over it. **** id hope your slicked up, suspension modded, 4.56 geared, and 6k clutch dump car would out ET me, if not id think there's something wrong.

So tell me how that ET would help you if we ran on the street and i had my wheels/tires on? Explain to me, track god.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Lol You act like you race at the track 100 times a week. Dude this is the first time ive seen you post about going to the track since ive joined here. Get over it. **** id hope your slicked up, suspension modded, 4.56 geared, and 6k clutch dump car would out ET me, if not id think there's something wrong.

So tell me how that ET would help you if we ran on the street and i had my wheels/tires on? Explain to me, track god.
I'd be more than happy to run you on the street also. Only difference is since we know that can't happen track times can actually tell you what a car is capable of. And your car would be capable of getting it's doors ripped off by mine.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:16 PM
Banned

I'd be more than happy to run you on the street also. Only difference is since we know that can't happen track times can actually tell you what a car is capable of. And your car would be capable of getting it's doors ripped off by mine.
Congrats bro, want an E award?

You guys who only care for ET act like you guys are racing for the NHRA top fuel dragsters and ****. All you guys are doing is chasing internet records or personal bests and **** with your street cars. I could give three ***** about that. At the end of the day you do 90% street driving and 10% track driving. I care about what my car does on the street cause thats where its at 90% of the time.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Here is what i want to know.....

Stopsign runs 12.3@105... Random ls1 owner runs 13.2@109... Stopsign is 3 lengths ahead at 110mph/endow the quarter.

How the **** does that magically change on the street? Cars that trap higher at the track don't magically pull back faster on the street or magically hook better on the street.

If anything the quicker et car has even more advantage.. The car with more suspension and tire is at even more of an advantage on the street.
I tried explaining that before but it went over peoples heads and then ignored after short lived arguments.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

A car that would win 1/4 mile at the track would also win 1/4 mile on the street.. O ****, Who woulda thunk it?
Old 04-14-2013, 02:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Unless were talking about that queer *** roll racing.. Which is funny.. A car that would get a slower et and lose 1/4 mile would want that.

Funny how this works. We mostly all own rwd v8 American muscle.. Dig - 1/8 or 1/4. If you don't want that, stay the **** home.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lemons12
Here is what i want to know.....

Stopsign runs 12.3@105... Random ls1 owner runs 13.2@109... Stopsign is 3 lengths ahead at 110mph/endow the quarter.

How the **** does that magically change on the street? Cars that trap higher at the track don't magically pull back faster on the street or magically hook better on the street.

If anything the quicker et car has even more advantage.. The car with more suspension and tire is at even more of an advantage on the street.
I tried explaining that before but it went over peoples heads and then ignored after short lived arguments.
He's 3 lengths ahead and getting reeled in by the time the 1/4 comes up.
On the street from a roll, Those 3 lengths mean nothing, trap would.

[edit]
If people were only worried about 1/4 and 0-60, we'd get Evo's and other AWD cars that could do well in the 1/4 and 0-60 with much less hp.

Personally, I see maybe 0.5% of my driving time on the strip, and 70+% of it on the highway. No one stops on the highway for a dig race.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Et still matters unless you want to be a ****** and go from a speed where you don't spin so you have a chance at winning. 20mph roll the et car is still going to jump out.

Check my other posts.. Auto cross calls drag racing ghey.. Drag racing calls roll racing ghey.. Roll racing doesnt say anything because it knows its for bitches.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Let's talk about roll racing because we know dig racing would = us getting skull fucked. Check!
Old 04-14-2013, 02:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by odthetruth
He's 3 lengths ahead and getting reeled in by the time the 1/4 comes up.
On the street from a roll, Those 3 lengths mean nothing, trap would.

[edit]
If people were only worried about 1/4 and 0-60, we'd get Evo's and other AWD cars that could do well in the 1/4 and 0-60 with much less hp.

Personally, I see maybe 0.5% of my driving time on the strip, and 70+% of it on the highway. No one stops on the highway for a dig race.
Very few of my races are impromptu because very little i randomly run into is worth a race. If it is set up,it is from a dig... Many times the place we race from is a highway, and we stop.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Congrats bro, want an E award?

You guys who only care for ET act like you guys are racing for the NHRA top fuel dragsters and ****. All you guys are doing is chasing internet records or personal bests and **** with your street cars. I could give three ***** about that. At the end of the day you do 90% street driving and 10% track driving. I care about what my car does on the street cause thats where its at 90% of the time.
You act as if I don't set my car up to run on the street hard. son you have no idea.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Let's talk about roll racing because we know dig racing would = us getting skull fucked. Check!
Pretty much sums it up... I have NEVER seen this the other way around..
All my friends at one time were 100% pro roll racing.. Then they got tires, suspension, etc and are anti roll and pro dig. They Will still roll race but they want a dig.
When is the last time you have seen someone that has a car capable of performing from a dig and wants a roll? Lol
Old 04-14-2013, 02:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

And lol at 12-13 not being able to dig race and needing a roll. That's some funny ****.

You complain about traction or a tough launch.. I run mt 325s with full suspension and still spin on motor from 15mph. I want to dig race.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lemons12
Et still matters unless you want to be a ****** and go from a speed where you don't spin so you have a chance at winning. 20mph roll the et car is still going to jump out.

Check my other posts.. Auto cross calls drag racing ghey.. Drag racing calls roll racing ghey.. Roll racing doesnt say anything because it knows its for bitches.
Everyone sets up their cars differently. In comparison to road course \ autocross, drag is kinda gay. LOL The experience on an actual course is much better, IMO. Knowing how to hit apexes, control both under and oversteer, and finding the limits of the actual car and yourself are great to do for longer then 13 seconds.

Either way, everyone is set up for different ****
Old 04-14-2013, 02:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

And fwiw... At the track awd cars don't have the same advantage. I would rather rwd.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

False. I have said it so many times.. It only shows who is faster from the starting speed..
If that was true from 40mph car A trapping 105 would ALWAYS beat car B trapping 102... Fact: that doesn't always happen.

If you think roll racing is an indication of who makes more power or who has more top end you are WAY off. You haven't seen enough roll racing and know exactly what both cars et mph and dyno..
There is so much more that goes into it then that.

And i love auto x... But last time i checked they don't do wheelies... And wheelies are bad ***.

Quick Reply: Mach at the track