TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The main problem!

The solution!
Old 02-27-2014, 04:22 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by evangto87
I agree its a huuuge mistake to skimp out on those parts. But it really is a solid transmission. The internals are superior to a t56. But that doesnt mean both transmissions cant be built to ****, and both can break.

I mean hell... most people dont know that the MT82 comes factory with carbon synchros. The ONLY 2 things I would like the after market to touch upon, is the input shaft and the fifth gear synchro. 1-2 and 3-4 synchros are MUCH beefier and more complex then the 5-6. Still carbon.. but not as big. Its no smaller then a t56 fifth gear synchro... but still. Fifth gear itself looks VERY strong.. as it should considering its 1:1. And they do have hardened input shafts out now. Whenever I have to open the trans again (not if, but when...as its part of the hobby), I plan to pick up an input shaft. Ill likely NEVER hurt the stock one. But its nice to have. I do however plan on wearing synchros out in the future. Ive gotten lucky so far... havent missed a gear yet since its been back together... no thanks to the mcleod.
Yep and a fiero is a good car after you work the bugs out. From the factory they suck
Old 02-27-2014, 04:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by It'llrun
Now you're rambling... I mentioned a specific intake by full name. Speaking of which, the Super Victor 351W is in fact, made by Edelbrock. Always has been. Been around since 2001 or earlier. I left no question WHAT was being mentioned and was NEVER comparing!

Get that outta your BIG FUGIN' HEAD! I suppose I should've said "spider" and let you look that up to see what I meant. It's a carb style intake with EFI installed.

My point was and is, carbs won't touch the correctly done EFI and that would include any intake someone can make work well enough.
There you did it again. Its called a super victor efi retard.
Old 02-27-2014, 04:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by evangto87
Pressure plate problems.... Atleast thats the issue with the stock clutch in mustangs. At that RPM, it hangs up a bit and you will grind every gear if you dont allow it time to disengage. I also think its hysterical that all the 5.0 guys bitch and moan and complain about the MT82 itself having shifting issues...and they reference the clutch pedal sticking to the floor as an issue....
I have said that for years on the fcars. That's why I did my own clutch set-up. Of course I was called a retard along the way by guys swearing it was the hydraulics. How many retards have you seen make a clutch fit that ain't suppose to?

BTW....i did that back in 07.....well 06 was when I gathered my parts.
Old 02-27-2014, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
Yep and a fiero is a good car after you work the bugs out. From the factory they suck
Enjoy your coolaid
Old 02-27-2014, 04:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I think the same......I don't know why you give me such **** over it.

That's a tuff one. I think I have to give the edge to the 5th gen. Furd guys are gonna cry but stock for stock I think a 1LE has the 5.0 covered in the tests I've seen.
Absolutely
Old 02-27-2014, 04:28 PM
Teching In

http://www.summitracing.com/search/p...take-manifolds there ya go buddy. It is carb/efi any way you look at it. Its a carb intake fitted with injectors. Your the one who rambles lol
Old 02-27-2014, 04:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have said that for years on the fcars. That's why I did my own clutch set-up. Of course I was called a retard along the way by guys swearing it was the hydraulics. How many retards have you seen make a clutch fit that ain't suppose to?

BTW....i did that back in 07.....well 06 was when I gathered my parts.
Agreed. Transmissions are quite often then less NOT the problem when shifting. But people almost always jump right to the trans and complain its junk.

Meet Jeremiah. Our MT82 "builds" (lol) are identical. Same internal mods ($200) plus a good clutch assembly. He has well over 100 passes like this. Its hysterical to see someone who cant get there 5.0 out of the 13s call this trans junk. He hurt this trans initially the same way I did (bad clutch).

Old 02-27-2014, 04:45 PM
TECH Addict

So when I quote a test it's bogus.......when you quote it it's gospel.....got ya
What test did you quote? I simply said I can show them, FROM THEN, proving you wrong... AS USUAL!

HUH??? You don't make much sense. Do you even read what you type?
Just because you don't remember or want to deny... doesn't mean someone else doesn't make sense. RELAX THOUGH because I have no intention of going back about 2wks to quote you on it.

There were lots of LT4's in the vettes. But way to go......compare a gutted car to a full production car.
Yeah, and here I was considering the limited production... BOTH models were very limited. It isn't like the LT4 was standard equipment, even in Corvette. In 1996, it came in the Corvette GS... a limited production car. 976 were put into U.S. sold Corvettes. Come to think of it, the 97 LT4 Camaro wasn't a production car... It was an SLP car... Care to make a change in your statement?? I know... give you some time....

I'm a hypocrite but you keep wanting to compare modded furds to stock chevy's......go figure
Figure just a bit better and you may see any number of times I've reiterated... I'm not comparing. You are indeed a hypocrite. I wish you'd stop. EVERY SINGLE time we do this, you get beat down like a hooker on 33rd st who turned down a date right in front of her pimp!

There's one on the chevy site that is rated at 720+......your point was again?
You wouldn't know the point if you reached up and pulled the hat off of your head! We were talking about 2 SIMILAR engines in a SIMILAR price range, around 15k... You're trying to brag for GM about something you'll NEVER be able to afford, at over $24,000 and it apparently doesn't even include an oil pan! As I said... HYPOCRITE!

Yea......those 5.4 are so bullet proof so powerful every one is swapping them into chevy's..........lmfao
Generally, those people who would want it are like you and cannot afford the cars they came in, or to buy over the counter and modify. Just keep in mind... FACTORY block, crank and heads... PRODUCTION PARTS... 2,000 plus hp... 289mph top speed record and 6.0's on the 1/4 mile... Call me when the BUTT HURT stops, *** CLOWN!

4yrs.......didnt the 5.0 debut in 10 as a 11? Tried to pad that up a bit didn't hypocrite.
It came out in May of 10. So?
Old 02-27-2014, 04:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Still no proof I see. I break it down for you. Your modded sbf in the mustang you are building......yea you know the one. You are shooting for high 11's. Bolt-on ls territory out of your built ford......nuff said??

Cause right now you're the retard or you would have one of these nasty furd combo's listed.
Not the case at all Believe it or not, I have priorities to finish my education now and pursue a career. Once the school $$$ stops going out, then I can sink my teeth into better builds. Call this an excuse or whatever, just saying. Until then, I'm content playing with my 60's tech 5.0 NONE OF THIS has to do with the fact that you change the meaning (clarifying) of previous statements you made when you're proven wrong.
I didn't compare it to the vette. I said you're own broad statement did!!!!! You should have said the 5.0 baby seal clubs the 5th gen. Ur **** up not mine lol. Keep trying
You're not getting it, still. 5.0 = engine. Mustang 5.0 = vehicle. The LS3 isn't a vehicle. Herpity Derp.
I think the same......I don't know why you give me such **** over it.
Fair enough, stock cubes & they are very good competitors with each other as R6 said.

That's a tuff one. I think I have to give the edge to the 5th gen. Furd guys are gonna cry but stock for stock I think a 1LE has the 5.0 covered in the tests I've seen.
Shocker. A Mustang has to be considered superior by 99% of car enthusiasts and magazines until you even say it's equal to an obviously inferior GM offering. I'm really surprised you consider the 5th gen to have an advantage See Marc's post, he summed it up nicely.

Last edited by snake95; 02-27-2014 at 04:58 PM.
Old 02-27-2014, 04:54 PM
TECH Addict

http://www.summitracing.com/search/p...take-manifolds there ya go buddy. It is carb/efi any way you look at it. Its a carb intake fitted with injectors. Your the one who rambles lol
I was talking about the EDL-2924, which has the spots for the ports, but not the actual ports... the original version... Super Victor 351W... then you modify it by drilling out the ports. It's $50.00 less so today, it's probably worth buying the other in most cases.
Old 02-27-2014, 04:55 PM
TECH Resident

I can go on the ford corral and see where my ls6 stands in their n/a section to know all I need to know about a 5.4. That particular 5.4 is better suited to being compared to a ls6.

One engine was rated at 385......the other at 505. Looks like 100+ hp to me. But that's my retard kicking in. Sometimes the retard in me consumes my entire being.
The Cobra R's 5.4 was underrated at 385hp, realistically made around 420hp. And I also know the LS7 is a little underrated at 505hp. Of course stock for stock that 5.4 is definitely closer to a LS6. But a modded 5.4 that I mentioned earlier can make power closer to that of a stock LS7, just for an example. It's no secret, nothing "magical", it's been done many times. It's as simply as that and I have no idea why you took it as I was comparing it to the LS7 like it was a mod for mod competition.

Last edited by R6cowboy; 02-27-2014 at 05:23 PM.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:01 PM
TECH Addict

It's pointless... No matter what is said, HoHo will find a way to say, "but if" and I find it hilarious that were started talking about whether or not Ford could make a 425hp engine with bolt ons(they make 600hp without them) to, "BUT THE LS7" bs... Everything, it seems, is about "but GM did better" to some... I think the funniest part is, we're not even racing. It may not be long, however, and I may just come out and PUNK somebody... The 770hp LSX454 wouldn't mean JACK that day!
Old 02-27-2014, 05:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
I can remember Bob Cosby with his 99 bolt on Cobra kicking LS1 *** on LS1.com years ago. They hated it too. Bob later got a Trans Am and hated the car and got rid of it. Guy could drive too.

I hauled my car all the way to Maryland for a Tealnet track rental. That was the first time I had heard or seen Bob Cosby. He had the fastest car there that day, a little turbo'ed black coupe that ran in the 10's. The license plate read something like ITSTOCK. he was one of the things that I remembered about that day, the other was the amount on F-Body's pushed off the line with broken 10 bolts.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:26 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by It'llrun
It's pointless... No matter what is said, HoHo will find a way to say, "but if" and I find it hilarious that were started talking about whether or not Ford could make a 425hp engine with bolt ons(they make 600hp without them) to, "BUT THE LS7" bs... Everything, it seems, is about "but GM did better" to some... I think the funniest part is, we're not even racing. It may not be long, however, and I may just come out and PUNK somebody... The 770hp LSX454 wouldn't mean JACK that day!
No kidding. He took what I said earlier out of context and I don't think he has a snowball's chance in hell at realizing it.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Heater
I hauled my car all the way to Maryland for a Tealnet track rental. That was the first time I had heard or seen Bob Cosby. He had the fastest car there that day, a little turbo'ed black coupe that ran in the 10's. The license plate read something like ITSTOCK. he was one of the things that I remembered about that day, the other was the amount on F-Body's pushed off the line with broken 10 bolts.

That car had an Incon twin turbo kit with a transbrake on a built Lentech AOD. Like itwill run stated Bob was stationed in Norfolk with the Navy ss we saw him a lot at Atco,Cecil etc. Best guy with a 98 Cobra was Mike Smith though who hung out with Bob. He went faster than Bob and even Evan Smith(who was not happy about that)stock. He outran LS1s from LS1.com too. They couldn't believe he never got out of third gear as well. He couldn't afford the car and got rid of it later in the year. A shame. BJ had a blue 98 and went mid 12s with bolts ons gears and tires. He gave the LS1 fits back then too. Bob called his 99 Cobra black cloud. LS1 people hated that car. Pretty sure he got into the 11s with it with no internal mods n/a but I can't remember if he went solid axle or not.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Old 02-27-2014, 09:09 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
That car had an Incon twin turbo kit with a transbrake on a built Lentech AOD. Like itwill run stated Bob was stationed in Norfolk with the Navy ss we saw him a lot at Atco,Cecil etc. Best guy with a 98 Cobra was Mike Smith though who hung out with Bob. He went faster than Bob and even Evan Smith(who was not happy about that)stock. He outran LS1s from LS1.com too. They couldn't believe he never got out of third gear as well. He couldn't afford the car and got rid of it later in the year. A shame. BJ had a blue 98 and went mid 12s with bolts ons gears and tires. He gave the LS1 fits back then too. Bob called his 99 Cobra black cloud. LS1 people hated that car. Pretty sure he got into the 11s with it with no internal mods n/a but I can't remember if he went solid axle or not.
Bob did go 11.6's on the stock long block n/a. Not the record for a n/a 4.6 but he would run that car consistent 11.7-11.8's. Then he built the motor for factory stock rules and made 353rwhp. Went 11.40's n/a on BFG DR's. Yes he went with a solid axle. Sold the car to another factory stock racer who didn't take car of the car then Bob bought it back and had huge plans for it. That was the last I heard from him.

-Mark
Old 02-27-2014, 11:54 PM
***Repost Police***

No they were not. They did a run of lt4 camaro's. But if I am not mistake all c4 m6 cars got the lt4 in 1996.

Go back and reread R6.......then reply back to who the full blown retard is. Tell me where this magical 5.4 is gonna pick uo 100+ hp with bolt-ons.
Correct, all M6 Corvettes got the LT4 in '96. And he wasn't talking about adding up horsepower according to the factory ratings, he was talking about what they actually put down. Stock vs. stock, the Cobra R is dead-nuts with an LS6. Bolt-ons, it picks up a considerable amount of power.
I take it we're not talking about straight-line here?

One engine was rated at 385......the other at 505. Looks like 100+ hp to me. But that's my retard kicking in. Sometimes the retard in me consumes my entire being.
See above.
Originally Posted by R6cowboy
Absolutely
Also see above.
Old 02-28-2014, 06:22 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
I take it we're not talking about straight-line here?

Also see above.
Right. I assumed Hio was not talking about only straight line, but road course track and it seems the 1LE SS has the edge on the 5.0, even the Boss according to a couple magazine articles I came across.

Quick Reply: Bolt on 5.0, beats 4th gen 427 stroker camaro SS