Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

New S/C Roush 427R Vs. Cammed SS

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 01:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by midblue91
No offense, but it seems to me that the dude in the roush could not drive...Maybe he's "only" got 427 crank hp, so thats probally 375rw, you claim you have 405 N/A...im not seeing that with the mods you've got, you'd need H/C/I and you'd have a good engine and great tune to pull those numbers with 62cc chambers...even if you do have 405rwhp, the guy in the roush still has more usable power because his torque curve is so immediate and flat with that twin screw blower...in other words, even if you do make a shade more peak power, that cars gonna still be a bitch, because the roush makes more power almost everywhere but peak, and a lot more power under 3500rpm...Like i said, i dont think the guy could drive, not calling you a liar, bit if you want to know which car is really faster, run him on a roll at 60mph and see what happens, it would probally be a different story..
what are you talking about, its surprising that the roush even kept up

good call on the "twin screw" too
Old 01-28-2008, 09:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

No offense, but it seems to me that the dude in the roush could not drive...Maybe he's "only" got 427 crank hp, so thats probally 375rw, you claim you have 405 N/A...im not seeing that with the mods you've got, you'd need H/C/I and you'd have a good engine and great tune to pull those numbers with 62cc chambers...even if you do have 405rwhp, the guy in the roush still has more usable power because his torque curve is so immediate and flat with that twin screw blower...in other words, even if you do make a shade more peak power, that cars gonna still be a bitch, because the roush makes more power almost everywhere but peak, and a lot more power under 3500rpm...Like i said, i dont think the guy could drive, not calling you a liar, bit if you want to know which car is really faster, run him on a roll at 60mph and see what happens, it would probally be a different story..
What are you talking about? 62cc chambers? Stock LS1 heads are 66.xx CC's...

Heads, cam AND intake with a GREAT tune and GREAT engine to hit 405rwhp?

With just those two comments you've shown you know JACK **** about the LS1 platform and all LSX platforms for that matter.

As was said before, the 427R was lucky to even stay as close as he did and if the race were to be extended into 3rd gear and on, the OP would have probably pulled bus lengths. You're talking about a car that has the ability to trap 108-110 to a car that has the ability to trap 115-116.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:45 AM
TECH Resident

if you want to know which car is really faster, run him on a roll at 60mph and see what happens, it would probally be a different story..
The two post above mine (including one from a Mustang guy) have already educated you enough so I'm not going to go into your entire post, but I guarantee from a 60 roll it would have been VERY bad for the Roush. I started pulling him in second and really started to walk him once I nailed third. I let off around 90 because I was still in city limits and I had proven my point. If we would have gone 60-120 I think me putting at least a car and a half on him would not be surprising at all. I've done a little reaserch on these cars and they look to be a high 12 second car at best.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Brilliant just brilliant. The two links below will assist in your much needed education of LS engines.

http://www.amazon.com/Dyno-Proven-Th.../dp/1932494405

http://www.amazon.com/How-Build-High.../dp/1884089844
Old 01-28-2008, 10:00 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good kill

I saw one at OSW Friday night and it was obvious the guy couldn't drive as he was running 14's Was a great looking car though. There was a poor bastard in a C5 Z06 that was mean as hell sounding that was stuck in the 13's too..
Old 01-28-2008, 10:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
With just those two comments you've shown you know JACK **** about the LS1 platform and all LSX platforms for that matter.
doesnt know much about mustangs either, twin screw roushcharger?
Old 01-28-2008, 10:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
doesnt know much about mustangs either, twin screw roushcharger?

Agreed buddy, agreed

I'm gonna go slap a twineatonscrewroushblower on my car!
Old 01-28-2008, 10:25 AM
TECH Veteran

I didn't read the whole thing, but I just wanted to say that from a dig on the street I took a "427R" two out of three times from a dig with only headers and a lid. Both of us were shifting. Pretty close all three times.

I thought they were 427 cid's at the time and thought the dude was just a worthless driver (or was shifting too low in RPMs). Seems I was only right about one of my asumptions.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

No offense, you claim you have 405 N/A...im not seeing that with the mods you've got, you'd need H/C/I and you'd have a good engine and great tune to pull those numbers with 62cc chambers..
Here you go buddy, I went and found a few for you.

Here’s one:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamometer-results-comparisons/844525-01z28-cam-only-our-228-cam.html

Here’s a 400whp cam/bolt-on/tuned AUTO with a 4k stall:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamometer-results-comparisons/476349-tr230-224-a4-dyno.html

Here’s a cammed/bolt-on/tuned 6spd with a built drive train (12bolt, gears, built tranny etc.) putting down 413rwhp and then with just the addition of STOCK LS6 heads, he puts down 440rwhp:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamometer-results-comparisons/846703-ls6-tr230-cam-only-440rwhp.html

Here’s a cammed/bolt-on and tuned 6spd putting down 400whp on a MUSTANG Dyno:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamometer-results-comparisons/841488-patrick-g-custom-cam-only-mustang-dyno-numbers-installed-tuned-epp.html

And these were all on the first two pages of the Dyno section….
Old 01-28-2008, 12:29 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
You have to remember he probably still pissed off that he paid nearly 50K for a car that will get spanked by a car that hasn't been produced for 6 years and is fairly cheaap to acquire and mod. There is a Saleen around here I have been itching to lay waste to because of the same thing. Arrogent ******* that paid to much for a slow car. It does look nice though.
Where is "around here"? You should be more careful with the Saleens. They are a little different than the Roush stangs. If you're stock an S281 will be no problem, but watch for the S281SC and especially the S281E.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:49 PM
Banned

Do you have any idea of what youre talking about?
A 405rwhp car beat a 360 +/- rwhp car.

Many bolt-on/cammed LS1's hit 360-420 rwhp.
More then enough to take down a stock 427R.

Good kill to the OP.
I have seen a couple of those cars in life and they are sharp cars.
I like the way the Saleen's look to.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:38 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
Here you go buddy, I went and found a few for you.

Here’s one:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=844525

Here’s a 400whp cam/bolt-on/tuned AUTO with a 4k stall:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=476349

Here’s a cammed/bolt-on/tuned 6spd with a built drive train (12bolt, gears, built tranny etc.) putting down 413rwhp and then with just the addition of STOCK LS6 heads, he puts down 440rwhp:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=846703

Here’s a cammed/bolt-on and tuned 6spd putting down 400whp on a MUSTANG Dyno:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=841488

And these were all on the first two pages of the Dyno section….
I know... what a DUMMY!!!!!!!!
Old 01-28-2008, 02:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2000 Tran Zam
I know... what a DUMMY!!!!!!!!
AWW he hit that guy with the "DUMMY"

Old 01-28-2008, 03:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 04Terminator
Where is "around here"? You should be more careful with the Saleens. They are a little different than the Roush stangs. If you're stock an S281 will be no problem, but watch for the S281SC and especially the S281E.
I'm on the west coast. I'm not overly concerned with any of them. The worst that will happen is I'll get beat and if you race and aren't prepared for that you shouldn't be racing. I doubt it will happen but it could.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:35 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
I'm on the west coast. I'm not overly concerned with any of them. The worst that will happen is I'll get beat and if you race and aren't prepared for that you shouldn't be racing. I doubt it will happen but it could.
So just how fast is your car then?
Old 01-28-2008, 03:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

is that what the magazine says???
Old 01-28-2008, 04:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
So just how fast is your car then?
It's not fast and I never said it was. I just stated that I'm not too worried about getting beat by a Saleen. If I do O-well I got to have fun and hopefully the guy in the Saleen does too. Same thing I said before maybe this wording is a little better though.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:06 PM
On The Tree

Awww come on ryan I figured you would have pulled more on him lmao just playin good kill man there is one of those around here but its an older guy and I think he picks his races (just waiting my turn in line lol) wish we could have came down Sat and saw the race first hand
Old 01-28-2008, 07:37 PM
Teching In

wow i dont usually take up for th gm owners but i hafta here, first off i have seen many ls1 cars make over 400rwhp cam only, just takes a decent size cam,

mustang=375rwhp, 3650+lbs compared to 400+rwhp and 3300lbs

you do the math
Old 01-28-2008, 09:29 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by rk_2000_Z/28
Way to steal my thunder

I'm guessing they are a high 12 car at best. MAYBE a mid 12 second car with a great driver. It was damn close all through first and second but I started walking by him pretty good at the top of second and through third.

I'm jetted for a 150 shot, but have yet to spray anywhere but the dyno. I'm having issues with my window switch and I just got my car back from the tuner late Friday night so I haven't had time to even mess with it.

I didn't mean it to sound like that.
Just saying that they're not worth the money people pay for them.