Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I hope I don't come across as a bitch,

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 02:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I hope I don't come across as a bitch,

I hope I don't come across as a bitch, but I think its an amusing story about youth being wasted on the young. I was on a weekend trip to Tucson with my wife and 2yr old daughter in my 99 Z28 M6 with the usual bolt-ons. I was driving down Speedway Ave. (Yes, thats the actual name of the street) when I was stopped at a red light. To my left a 1990's something Buick Skylark pulls up next to me and starts reving the engine. The thing sounded BAD, rockers/valves clanking, exhaust leak, etc... (you know the car, donut spare tire on the back and all). I had my window down and so did he. When he started revving it, I looked at him, he was giving me "the stare"! I just started to laugh openly and loudley and shook my head. His passenger said "whats your problem bitch" I said "you can't be serious" "I wouln't run for less than $500". Light turns and he neutral drops out of the hole and chirps his bald tires. I took off slow hoping this crap was over. No, he slowed down and got behind me and followed us to the resturant we were going to. When we got out of the car "and getting my 2yr old daughter out of her carseat in the back is no easy task in theese cars" there were the three (15-17yr old) kids waiting for me. They actually wanted to fight over this! I said this is stupid and we walked into the resturant with them fallowing behind us talking **** trying to instigate me. I just blew it off. If I hadent had my family with me, It would have been a differant story, (I am not saying I could have taken all three of them at the same time, but I can hold my own.) I made sure to get a booth where I could see the car, and they all just piled back inth their hoopty and took off. I just thought this was amusing and thought I'd share.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:24 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow. Just freaking wow. I would expect this kind of **** coming from rice owners but not somebody with a nice old american muscle car. Just reading this story made me pissed off. This is the reason I carry these days. If I feel threatened you bet your *** ill put a bullet in your head.

Did you call the cops?
Old 04-09-2008, 02:28 PM
TECH Addict

i feel for ya man...good thing you've got a level head!!
Old 04-09-2008, 02:30 PM
Staging Lane

Hmm, you have more patience than I do. In a situation like that, I think my wife would have let me kick the crap out of them.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:34 PM
Teching In

haha..i hate it when they do tht! there is a guy that comes around the cruise sometime..in an late 80's?? model buick..with a fart can andd donuts all the way around!...and everyone he gets next to he tries to race..and at that..he has two kids in the back in car seats and a toddler up front!! he had the nerve to tell mae my 454SS was **** and it kuld even get close to his car!! lol..i just laughed..and drove away. but i know exactly how angry these people can make you.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:41 PM
Teching In

Wow.. it's pretty sad that there are so many kids out there with retarded thug attitudes & nothing productive to do.. You know you put them in there place by not running them.. My 1st car in high school car was a '91 3.3L V6 Buick Century with intake, exhaust, 14" wheels & a diet & it probably would've run a 16.horrible on a good day.

What used douchebag behavior, they didn't IMMEDIATELY stop when they saw your 2-yr old daughter! **** like this makes me want to get another HK USP 9mm in a hideaway holster under the seat...
Old 04-09-2008, 02:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

If I had a child with me in that situation with people doing something like that it would have been my first instinct to protect the child. I would have pulled a handgun on them and made them wait until the police showed up. Just my .02, I won't take that kinda **** from anyone.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ya know, it's for situations like that that I carry an old Louisville Slugger in the trunk (if I kept a sidearm in the car I'd be too tempted to use it). Kids these days are just getting rediculous. I think I would have drove to the nearest police station if I'd seen those ********* following me. I wouldn't have been able to stay composed if I'd gotten out and had them confront me on their non-race. Woulda turned into a total stain...
Old 04-09-2008, 02:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

whew, for a second i thought you were gonna say you raced with your daughter in the car. i don't think anybody is that dumb though. were the kids actually expecting you to race? or did they just want to hear you rev it up? i can see them catching attitudes if you were being a dick to them and they just wanted a rev. but i didn't get that from what you said. clowns. lol.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:01 PM
11 Second Club

You made a good decision. I mean you had your 2 year old daughter with you...better to just shrug it off then endanger her too. Maybe you will run across this car again sometime and race him..beat him..then punch him in the face. Hahahahaha I hate people like that...they get a couple of buddies with them and think they can take on the world. You have the wife and kid...so you win anyway.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:04 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jon5212
If I had a child with me in that situation with people doing something like that it would have been my first instinct to protect the child. I would have pulled a handgun on them and made them wait until the police showed up. Just my .02, I won't take that kinda **** from anyone.

BAhahahah..LOVE IT! I agree
Old 04-09-2008, 03:23 PM
12 Second Club

damn man i do have to say phoenix has been getting crazy stupid with kids like that. i had a set of friends that went out for the night cruising the street and they raced these guys in a honda and the dudes in a honda followed them and pulled a gun on them and tried to steal their car!

as phoenix's population rises the amount of idiots increases significantly.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't call the cops, I probably should have but when I was growing up, that wasn't the thing to do, you handled yourself. Thees kids DID want to race, the driver pointed at the light, that plus the reves means race! About the guns, I can't have one, not because of "the man", but I have a bad temper, I have a long fuse, but once it is gone, look out! I have no middle ground, I am either calm & cool, or I have totally lost it! I am afraid I would do something I would regret. I am in no way a violint person twards people, but if I had a gun my CAR and garage door would be shot up by now!
Old 04-09-2008, 03:40 PM
12 Second Club

Damn.
A LOT has changed since I went to school there (U of A) almost 30 years ago.

It's sad you even had to experience this crap from those punks.

Sadder still that your wife and baby had to even see those wanna-be thugs.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:44 PM
Banned

You know I think this is starting to be a more and more common thing now that I think about it ( a bunch of teenagers in a car going around harassing people ).

One friday night I just went on a cruise and I passed a bunch of HS kids in a new civic blaring rap music. I didnt even floor it or anything but right after I passed them they started getting right behind me and they followed me for like 15 minutes. Every time I would be at a stop light they would scream **** at me and I was getting my gun ready just incase I needed it. Then I decided to drive to my house and fight them but when I pulled in the driveway they drove away.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by McNord
I didn't call the cops, I probably should have but when I was growing up, that wasn't the thing to do, you handled yourself. Thees kids DID want to race, the driver pointed at the light, that plus the reves means race! About the guns, I can't have one, not because of "the man", but I have a bad temper, I have a long fuse, but once it is gone, look out! I have no middle ground, I am either calm & cool, or I have totally lost it! I am afraid I would do something I would regret. I am in no way a violint person twards people, but if I had a gun my CAR and garage door would be shot up by now!
I though that to before I got my carry permit. Once you have a piece you actually tend to think things through even more. Before the I had a piece, I would not hesitate to get involved when someone confronted me. Now I just look for the quickest and safest way out of the situation, because I know if they decide to follow or actually do physically harm me I will be able to stop it. I believe every one should carry, we would be much safer. Punks like that would think twice before following you if they knew you could put one in them. Some people have just lost all respect. I am only 23 and most of those people are from my generation. Thats why everyone I hang out with is older than me. I have no time for immature bullies or thugs trying to prove that they are man. Good job on staying cool and making sure your family got in the restaurant safely. It took guts not to give in to there **** talking, you were the bigger man in that situation.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:49 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by McNord
I hope I don't come across as a bitch, but I think its an amusing story about youth being wasted on the young. I was on a weekend trip to Tucson with my wife and 2yr old daughter in my 99 Z28 M6 with the usual bolt-ons. I was driving down Speedway Ave. (Yes, thats the actual name of the street) when I was stopped at a red light. To my left a 1990's something Buick Skylark pulls up next to me and starts reving the engine. The thing sounded BAD, rockers/valves clanking, exhaust leak, etc... (you know the car, donut spare tire on the back and all). I had my window down and so did he. When he started revving it, I looked at him, he was giving me "the stare"! I just started to laugh openly and loudley and shook my head. His passenger said "whats your problem bitch" I said "you can't be serious" "I wouln't run for less than $500". Light turns and he neutral drops out of the hole and chirps his bald tires. I took off slow hoping this crap was over. No, he slowed down and got behind me and followed us to the resturant we were going to. When we got out of the car "and getting my 2yr old daughter out of her carseat in the back is no easy task in theese cars" there were the three (15-17yr old) kids waiting for me. They actually wanted to fight over this! I said this is stupid and we walked into the resturant with them fallowing behind us talking **** trying to instigate me. I just blew it off. If I hadent had my family with me, It would have been a differant story, (I am not saying I could have taken all three of them at the same time, but I can hold my own.) I made sure to get a booth where I could see the car, and they all just piled back inth their hoopty and took off. I just thought this was amusing and thought I'd share.
Props to handling the situation correctly
Originally Posted by ImportsFail
Wow. Just freaking wow. I would expect this kind of **** coming from rice owners but not somebody with a nice old american muscle car. Just reading this story made me pissed off. This is the reason I carry these days. If I feel threatened you bet your *** ill put a bullet in your head.

Did you call the cops?
Since when is a ratty '90s Buick Skylark a "nice old american muscle car?"
Old 04-09-2008, 04:04 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Since when is a ratty '90s Buick Skylark a "nice old american muscle car?"
agreed lets just call it old
Old 04-09-2008, 07:25 PM
Teching In

That's awful, what the hell is wrong with those kids. You have child in your vehicle, Geeze they need a real good *** kicking.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:21 PM
TECH Regular

its good that you kept cool about it with your kid in your car.I take my oldest son (4yrs)with me some times to run arrands sometimes and have punks like this running their mouth at stop lights, but tend to understand i'm not going to do anything with my kid in the car.