Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

HELP, Tire Place Messed Up My Car!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2004 | 08:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default HELP, Tire Place Messed Up My Car!!!

Well on the way home from getting new tires, I noticed that my car was BOUCING AROUND LIKE CRAZY... like one of the cheap lowered S-10 Trucks...

My car is lowered and has air shocks... so i was thinking MAN I HATE THESE NEW TIRES.... when I got home I noticed that the 2 wires that connect where you fill them up with air, were apart and dragging the ground! ALL THE WAY HOME!! Well the wires have come apart before and we just put it back together and fill it up...

well this time, we put the wires back together and the damn shocks (NEITHER) would hold air

The tire place has done something to them.... any idea! i am bringing back up there later today.... it is very undriveable!!!

Thanks
Old 03-31-2004 | 12:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Go over there and

Don't know what they did, but they sure did something. Those kind of people break stuff on cars ALL the time. They have insurance for it, so just beat on them unti lthey pay for the damage.
Old 03-31-2004 | 12:52 PM

A new airline kit will set you back 10 bucks at AutoZone.
They might have screwed up the lines in other places
you can't see, pulled one out of its O-rings, etc. Just
go replace the line, including fishing out any old O-rings
from the shock with a bent paper clip or something, and
should be good to go. Unlikely they managed to bust the
bladders inside the shock housing.
Old 03-31-2004 | 01:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

well they busted out both air shocks AND the line!! lol... the put me brand new everything....

but one guy wanted to give me ****, and i swear... he knew when to shut up when i started giving him this look like keep it up stupid ***.!!!!!
Old 03-31-2004 | 05:12 PM
12 Second Club

Wow, you are always getting owned. Air shocks? Wha?
Old 03-31-2004 | 05:22 PM
Launching!

I work at a tire shop, they probably lifted it without turning the air suspension off first. This can damage your suspension and i have seen it done. It is completely their fualt and they MUST pay for any damage they did to your vehicle. Unless of course you signed a waiver then you could be SOL.
Old 03-31-2004 | 06:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Frontman
I work at a tire shop, they probably lifted it without turning the air suspension off first. This can damage your suspension and i have seen it done. It is completely their fualt and they MUST pay for any damage they did to your vehicle. Unless of course you signed a waiver then you could be SOL.
yep they fixed it.... thank god... i couldn't stand that rough riding any longer...
Old 03-31-2004 | 07:25 PM
TECH Junkie

I know there are some good ones out there (my local Discount Tire rocks), but I wouldn't take my car into the average tire shop if at all possible. Unless you're familiar with the place they often do more harm than good (the infamous F-body front fender jacking point comes to mind). Not to mention that a lot of places have inferior mounting equipment. I usually just pull the wheels off and take them in to have new tires mounted, etc.

I know this is no help at this stage, but it seems to happen regularly. Glad to hear they owned up to it though and replaced your damaged parts.
Old 03-31-2004 | 10:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

did they have alot of camaros that bottemed out? and they didn't do anything about it?
Old 04-01-2004 | 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

[QUOTE=Fulton 1]Unless you're familiar with the place they often do more harm than good (the infamous F-body front fender jacking point comes to mind).QUOTE]

Amen to that....a local exhaust shop broke both of the tabs on my car, left and right side, then tried to convince me that they lifted the vehicle properly. I was so pissed I nearly blew out my o-ring.
After filing a police report, harassing them for 3 months, and calling the BBB, I finally got them to pay for the damage.