Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

has anyone tried these?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 09:26 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default has anyone tried these?

i came across these rotors and was wondering if anyone has tried them... i believe you get what you pay for but money is tight right now and these seemed to be in the budget...rotors
Old 09-25-2006, 09:30 AM
Staging Lane

do a search for WS6 Store rotors...you will find what you need
Old 09-25-2006, 09:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

most people have had good success with them. although some people dont like drilled/slotted rotors cause of the reduced pad life and weakened strength of rotor. DRILLED/SLOTTED ROTORS ARE FOR SHOW ONLY, THEY BENEFIT BRAKING IN NO WAY WHATSOEVER! with that being said, most people have turned to brembo blanks being the better alternative. its up to you now though. brembo blanks can be bought from stranoparts.com (sponsor)
Old 09-25-2006, 03:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by qwikz28
most people have had good success with them. although some people dont like drilled/slotted rotors cause of the reduced pad life and weakened strength of rotor. DRILLED/SLOTTED ROTORS ARE FOR SHOW ONLY, THEY BENEFIT BRAKING IN NO WAY WHATSOEVER! with that being said, most people have turned to brembo blanks being the better alternative. its up to you now though. brembo blanks can be bought from stranoparts.com (sponsor)
I'm not saying your wrong but isn't it true that cross drilled and slotted rotors cool down faster, as well as expell the gases produced from hard braking? I don't think that they will help braking around town but if your braking from 100+ the cross drilled and slotted rotors will brake better.
Old 09-25-2006, 04:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hawk_479
I'm not saying your wrong but isn't it true that cross drilled and slotted rotors cool down faster, as well as expell the gases produced from hard braking? I don't think that they will help braking around town but if your braking from 100+ the cross drilled and slotted rotors will brake better.
i've yet to hear this being proven, or disproven for that matter. i am gonna say no just because those no-expense-spared road race cars you see on the speed channel doesnt even have slots, just blanks. even so, i'm sure a thicker rotor or better material would benefit more. but who knows?
Old 09-25-2006, 05:04 PM
On The Tree

i just bought them, they look great, brakeing feels no better than stock, so dont expect a hugh diffrence. i am getting a bad squeak, but that was there befor, the reason i bought them acctually. and its still there, but worse now. im mad
Old 09-25-2006, 09:40 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Oh no shere we go again....
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....99&postcount=7
https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/533823-rotors.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/226769-need-rotors-resist-warping.html
Old 09-27-2006, 12:03 PM
12 Second Club

thanks big help sory for the repost didnt see it when i looked...