Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Procharger guys

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 10:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Just looking through here: Is anyone running a street manners procharger setup, on a stock lt1 shortblock with low boost? Im seeing all these crazy builds, but most seem to be oriented for drag, and im wondering if anyone has a DD setup, on non forged internals with lower boost and how they like it?
Old 01-16-2011, 10:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice thread guys well I have a 404 stroker with l92 prc heads, specd out cam for my set up, truck l92 intake and have an f1a ready to install in my truck the only thing that makes me worry is the compression. I have it at 10 to 1 which is not bad at all ..... how much boost should I run on this set up, also has have ARP studs so I am kind of on the safe side, how much psi would be good, what pullies do yal recommend to get to that psi level and what meth kit should I use??
Old 01-17-2011, 04:58 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBadWhitey
Just looking through here: Is anyone running a street manners procharger setup, on a stock lt1 shortblock with low boost? Im seeing all these crazy builds, but most seem to be oriented for drag, and im wondering if anyone has a DD setup, on non forged internals with lower boost and how they like it?
We have one, here is a link to it. http://shop.brutespeed.com/Brute-Spe...ed-Formula.htm Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 01-17-2011, 05:15 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by thevho
Nice thread guys well I have a 404 stroker with l92 prc heads, specd out cam for my set up, truck l92 intake and have an f1a ready to install in my truck the only thing that makes me worry is the compression. I have it at 10 to 1 which is not bad at all ..... how much boost should I run on this set up, also has have ARP studs so I am kind of on the safe side, how much psi would be good, what pullies do yal recommend to get to that psi level and what meth kit should I use??
12-14 psi makes for a great daily driver boost level, you will need to have a fuel system that can handle the additional power. What pulley to use is going to depend on your crank pulley diameter, your elevation, etc. Alky Controls makes really good methanol kits. Bob

Old 01-17-2011, 05:23 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by SKINNYPIMP T/A
Sorry one more dumb noob. Im wanting to buy a p-1 kit how can i tell if it is the quieter version or the louder? And if i get the quieter is there a way to make it louder? Also other than pinning the crank is there anything else that needs to be done to make it last awhile? Any help appreciated!

NEW: Helical Supercharger Gearset Option for Noise Reduction

Since introducing the industry’s first self-contained, gear driven supercharger back in 2000, ProCharger’s design has proven itself over millions of miles and countless passes down the drag strip. With it’s billet aluminum transmission case, industry leading step-up ratio, high-efficiency compressor and aerospace billet impeller designs, ProCharger’s lineup of high-efficiency superchargers have become the standard by which others are measured.

Now, ProCharger is extending our lead even further with the introduction of a helical gearset for a significant reduction in supercharger sound levels. This new helical gearset, along with a few other internal design modifications, results in a supercharger with all the same power potential as the standard blower, but at reduced sound levels, especially at engine idle speeds. With this new offering ProCharger becomes the first and only supercharger manufacturer to offer customers a choice of gearset design and noise level, as the standard design continues to be available.

Most used ProChargers are not going to have the helical gearset option, as it is relatively new and more expensive. You wouldn't want to consider the cost to convert it over to the straight cut gears.

You will need larger 42lb or 60lb fuel injectors, larger fuel pump and a tune. Bob

Old 01-17-2011, 10:14 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I could DD my setup if I wanted to (780rwhp), but I bought a truck back when my **** blew up. Its really docile on the street until you put your foot up her *** lol.

I know theres some guys on here that have put 10,000+ miles on a stock shortblock with 8lbs maybe even more.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:10 PM
11 Second Club

I have about 55K on my stock bottom end old D1SC setup. I pulled the motor out running with no issues. She made the numbers in my sig for quite a while with no issues. As long as the tune is real good there wont be many issues.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:44 AM
Staging Lane

Sounds Great! Have a D1 with a 402, pulling 700 hp and 680 tq. Getting a sdce pulley to stop the belt from slipping. still missing 3-1/2 lbs.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:12 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Clyde H Frasier Jr
Sounds Great! Have a D1 with a 402, pulling 700 hp and 680 tq. Getting a sdce pulley to stop the belt from slipping. still missing 3-1/2 lbs.
If you havent pulled the trigger on the SDCE yet, give Asters bracket a look. They are also having a group buy on them right now!
Old 01-18-2011, 11:47 PM
11 Second Club

No special tools needed either....
Old 01-19-2011, 05:19 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by LS1RedZ
If you havent pulled the trigger on the SDCE yet, give Asters bracket a look. They are also having a group buy on them right now!
http://shop.brutespeed.com/Aster-Aut...er-Bracket.htm

Thanks, I appreciate it!

Originally Posted by blue00ZZleeper
No special tools needed either....
Correct, no special tools are required. Bob

Old 01-20-2011, 01:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Bob, do you figure a d1sc would be way too much for a stock bottom end?
I duno where, but i read that 6psi though a p1sc would be less than 6psi through a d1sc?
Old 01-20-2011, 04:37 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Bob, do you figure a d1sc would be way too much for a stock bottom end?
I duno where, but i read that 6psi though a p1sc would be less than 6psi through a d1sc?
No, a D-1SC works just fine with a stock bottom end. Back in 2002 we installed a D-1SC on my '99 Z28 with the engine having 110,000 miles on it at that time. I had no problems with it at all. 8 psi on a stock bottom end is what I normally recommend.

What's the basic difference between the ATI ProCharger P-1SC and the D-1SC?
The P-1SC and the D-1SC both use the same housing. The internals of the D-1SC are designed to handle more boost than what the P-1SC can produce. If you have both of these blowers producing say, 8 psi, the D-1SC would end up having a larger pulley on the head unit, as it doesn't have to be spun as fast to produce the boost. In theory the P-1SC should start producing boost a little sooner than the D-1SC in the rpm band, but I really can't tell a difference between the two.
Many people start out with the P-1SC as they feel that adding the supercharger is all they are ever going to do with their vehicle. Power is contagious, and once most of us get a feel for it, we end up wanting more. 8 psi is about all I recommend on the stock bottom end of an LS engine, adding forged rods and pistons to these engines gives you the ability to up the boost into the 14 psi and up range. The P-1SC isn't going to get you there, especially if you add more cubes, cam and heads.

Thanks for asking! Bob

Last edited by Bob@BruteSpeed; 01-20-2011 at 04:46 AM.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:04 PM
Teching In

Nice thread!!! I am new to this site but I am having a procharger being installed in my pontiac G8... and having some issues with MAF signal fluctuations... I upgraded to a LS3 MAF sensor and 102mm housing.. but due to the diameter changes near the sensor... it is fluctuating all to heck especially in the 2000-3000rpm range... they say you should install the ls3 sensor in 4" tubing but looking at maybe doing 3.5" due to the procharger tube coming up from intercooler and then going straight across all the way to the bend just before the intake.. that way I can install the ls3 sensor in the tubing so as not to have transitions near it... (but it will be in 3.5" tubing... not sure if this will work or not.. but I guess cant be worse than all my transitions...

see link for pic (just prior to being all buttoned up..)
[IMG][/IMG]

I have a fully forged stroked 403 cu in with a Procharger F1d......

any suggestions would be awesome!!!!!!!
Old 02-16-2011, 07:35 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by g8lover
Nice thread!!! I am new to this site but I am having a procharger being installed in my pontiac G8... and having some issues with MAF signal fluctuations... I upgraded to a LS3 MAF sensor and 102mm housing.. but due to the diameter changes near the sensor... it is fluctuating all to heck especially in the 2000-3000rpm range... they say you should install the ls3 sensor in 4" tubing but looking at maybe doing 3.5" due to the procharger tube coming up from intercooler and then going straight across all the way to the bend just before the intake.. that way I can install the ls3 sensor in the tubing so as not to have transitions near it... (but it will be in 3.5" tubing... not sure if this will work or not.. but I guess cant be worse than all my transitions...

see link for pic (just prior to being all buttoned up..)
[IMG][/IMG]

I have a fully forged stroked 403 cu in with a Procharger F1d......

any suggestions would be awesome!!!!!!!

If you keep having problems with the maf you can always delete it and go with a speed density tune. Bob

Old 02-16-2011, 11:35 AM
TECH Regular

thinking about going with a procharger. anyone have preferances on vortech? or Procharger, going with forged internals and stock bottom end. trying to figure out what cam i should go with also??? if anyone has stuff to sale please let me konw... pm me please and let me know.. only people with experiance please thanks
Old 02-17-2011, 06:27 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Question

Originally Posted by lbm13186
thinking about going with a procharger. anyone have preferances on vortech? or Procharger, going with forged internals and stock bottom end. trying to figure out what cam i should go with also??? if anyone has stuff to sale please let me konw... pm me please and let me know.. only people with experiance please thanks
A ProCharger is far more popular on the 4th gen f body, one of the reasons in my opinion is it doesn't clutter up the top of the engine like the Vortech does.

As to whether you should stay on stock internals or go forged, this is going to depend on your horsepower goals and how deep your pockets are. Bob

Old 02-17-2011, 02:45 PM
TECH Regular

bob
so engine bay cluter are the only real defferances between the two. i understand that ur the man to talk to. im planing on going with all forged internals and maybe even a 408 package for the future. what am i looking at for coast on blower packages with blower cam and inercooler. wana do this soon about to have the engine built. any shop that u recomend in the North East

thanks
Old 02-18-2011, 05:18 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Thumbs up

bob
so engine bay cluter are the only real defferances between the two. i understand that ur the man to talk to. im planing on going with all forged internals and maybe even a 408 package for the future. what am i looking at for coast on blower packages with blower cam and inercooler. wana do this soon about to have the engine built. any shop that u recomend in the North East

thanks
There is a lot more to the differences than just engine bay clutter, but both brands have centrifical superchargers. For the LS1 f body vehicles it seems that ProCharger equipped are far more popular and are the fastest. Here is a link that may help you out. https://www.brutespeed.com/prochargers.htm

My pricing on an LS1 F Body ProCharger system can be found at this link. http://shop.brutespeed.com/ATI-1GJ20...-Speed-Kit.htm
For a forged engine up through a 408 I generally would go with the F-1A head unit option, I would pick the Aster bracket option and I would go with ProChargers new front mount option. I would substitute the truck inlet and larger air filter, and I would delete the injectors and fuel pump option as you are going to need a complete fuel system. Take a look at the fuel systems that Nasty Performance offers.

http://shop.brutespeed.com/Comp-Brut...n-Camshaft.htm
Here is the link to my blower camshaft

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks. Bob

Old 02-18-2011, 07:17 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bob

thanks
Slowhawk would be the man to go to in the North East. He is in Mass and have a GREAT rep.

Quick Reply: Procharger guys