Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Mach at the track

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013 | 11:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by big hammer
mach 1's are ****** slow.
Originally Posted by GtoSpd
I went 7.8 and 12.2 at 114 with full exhaust, lid, tune, and street tires. Thru an automatic....does that count?
Originally Posted by adamantium
lol about 6 mph more than stopsign on street tires and one mod more than him.
haha yyyyep
Old 05-10-2013 | 11:59 PM
Teching In

lol about 6 mph more than stopsign on street tires and one mod more than him.
Stoppys response..well tht doesn't count, I ran 7.7 blah blah blah ls1' s suck machs are superior drive down to sc and run me
Old 05-11-2013 | 12:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LS14life14
Stoppys response..well tht doesn't count, I ran 7.7 blah blah blah ls1' s suck machs are superior drive down to sc and run me
Hey man, I invited him to a friendly run, from a dig..I'd even go so far as to spot him a bit. No response
Old 05-11-2013 | 12:28 AM
Teching In

Hey man, I invited him to a friendly run, from a dig..I'd even go so far as to spot him a bit. No response
I say we settle this on forza haha...and i don't think automach will ever answer your question
Old 05-11-2013 | 12:38 AM
Banned

Wont happen dude, he'd probably want to go to a track or some dumb ****. He got fucked on the street by a car that trapped 7 mph less than you. Id just not waste your gas on him. Guys a troll just leave it at that. Sucks people on here don't understand how to deal with trolls.

Last edited by adamantium; 05-11-2013 at 12:44 AM.
Old 05-11-2013 | 05:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Take it as I don't give a **** enough search out other people on youtube.

besides I showed you notch's car......which unfortunately may soon be parted out.
Who said anything about youtube? You say mod for mod a LS1 will crush a NA 4.6 so show me proof of one with equal mods running faster than I do. That is all I'm asking. There should be plenty of examples.

Tell me what the point in a H/C/I stalled auto LS1 running a light bolt on Mach 1???

Last edited by Stopsign32v; 05-11-2013 at 05:58 AM.
Old 05-11-2013 | 06:19 AM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

I showed you notch's car. Others have told you of their results. Now you want to compare mods and I've already told you that I don't know anyone that runs on a slick with a mild car. The easiest thing for you to have done for that comparison is run on your dr's. But we all know why you didn't.

Go work on your car stoppy. Prove to us how badass a 4.6 Mach is. Until then your no better than your brother autoqueef. I bet you go with boost before you ever prove they can be solid n/a cars.
Old 05-11-2013 | 06:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Are you saying a ls1 with equal mods as my Mach can't run as fast at the track?
Old 05-11-2013 | 06:41 AM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
That's right.....it would be impossible to slow one down that much.....unless your guitar.

let us know when you get that monster to trap 110+
Old 05-11-2013 | 08:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

That's right.....it would be impossible to slow one down that much.....unless your guitar.

let us know when you get that monster to trap 110+
Why so mad? I would ask your what exactly were notch's mods when he ran 11s but I know getting the truth out of you is impossible.

I had no idea this was supraforums.com. All hail trap speed!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-11-2013 | 08:58 AM
12 Second Club

It's not stopsigns fault GM built a POS and put the LS1 in it. What I want to know is how fast his car would be with an LS1 in it.

The chances of finding an ls1 fbody with his mods trying to launch on slicks are small as ****... It's not referred too as a glass rear end for nothing.
Old 05-11-2013 | 09:16 AM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

Why so mad? I would ask your what exactly were notch's mods when he ran 11s but I know getting the truth out of you is impossible.

I had no idea this was supraforums.com. All hail trap speed!!!!!!!!!!!!!
His mods were already listed....I'm not mad. And yes I like acceleration after the first 60'.

I had no idea people actually raced cars for only 60'.

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
It's not stopsigns fault GM built a POS and put the LS1 in it. What I want to know is how fast his car would be with an LS1 in it.

The chances of finding an ls1 fbody with his mods trying to launch on slicks are small as ****... It's not referred too as a glass rear end for nothing.
The cars are great. the only drawback to them is the rear.

The rear would actually hold up better with a slick. Not everybody has or wants a one dimensional tire like a slick. So far I have only seen the r&p break under wheel hop. The axles seem to be the weak point for me. Are they ever gonna hold up behind a stick car??? Probably not for long at 1.5 - 1.6 60's. But mine lives fine at mid - low 1.7's.
Old 05-11-2013 | 09:25 AM
12 Second Club

Sorry all these new cars have tainted my perspective... I love my car ... (It's paid for and gets good gas mileage) but compared to everything out there I don't rate it very high.

It's probably my fault for using the 'How to Build a Fast Car' guidebook by Guitar.
Old 05-11-2013 | 10:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Who said anything about youtube? You say mod for mod a LS1 will crush a NA 4.6 so show me proof of one with equal mods running faster than I do. That is all I'm asking. There should be plenty of examples.

Tell me what the point in a H/C/I stalled auto LS1 running a light bolt on Mach 1???

I posted what my auto did on street tires, full exhaust, lid, and tune. Have you gotten yours to run 12.2/114 with those mods?

Whats the point? For fun mainly. Also to put this whole MPH argument to bed. Theres a lot more to it than anyone in here has even begun to bring up. Its been either "mph=ET" or "mph is better", etc. Not one word has been mentioned about midrange power, tq curve, nothing. Hell I can change my trap speed by 3 mph just by unlocking or locking my stall and my ET will stay exactly the SAME...what does that tell you? Means there is more to it than just A and B. Anyway, I just thought it'd be fun to get lined up, preferably on a good drag strip where we can both launch hard, no excuses. I love lining up with faster cars than me, but hey thats just me.
Old 05-11-2013 | 11:00 AM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
Sorry all these new cars have tainted my perspective... I love my car ... (It's paid for and gets good gas mileage) but compared to everything out there I don't rate it very high.

It's probably my fault for using the 'How to Build a Fast Car' guidebook by Guitar.
For sure new cars are much nicer than 4th gens. Remember these cars were designed over 20yrs agao now and only had a mild refresh to the interior in 97.

Your car should be easily capable of low 12's high 11's. Go to the track and practice a little.
Old 05-11-2013 | 11:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

What we all are saying is that you are a ******* chode and your slow *** piece of **** Mach one is a joke. That pretty much sums it up.
Old 05-11-2013 | 11:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Wont happen dude, he'd probably want to go to a track or some dumb ****. He got fucked on the street by a car that trapped 7 mph less than you. Id just not waste your gas on him. Guys a troll just leave it at that. Sucks people on here don't understand how to deal with trolls.
Oh I know man. Just stirring the pot a little, lol. Although I would love to catch his *** at the track one day!
Old 05-11-2013 | 11:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

I posted what my auto did on street tires, full exhaust, lid, and tune. Have you gotten yours to run 12.2/114 with those mods?

Whats the point? For fun mainly. Also to put this whole MPH argument to bed. Theres a lot more to it than anyone in here has even begun to bring up. Its been either "mph=ET" or "mph is better", etc. Not one word has been mentioned about midrange power, tq curve, nothing. Hell I can change my trap speed by 3 mph just by unlocking or locking my stall and my ET will stay exactly the SAME...what does that tell you? Means there is more to it than just A and B. Anyway, I just thought it'd be fun to get lined up, preferably on a good drag strip where we can both launch hard, no excuses. I love lining up with faster cars than me, but hey thats just me.
Yea, with more mods you ran slower than me. See below. And I had to find my own gears, which seemed to be pretty hard. We all know how much better a stalled auto runs at the track.

Again your car is in a completely different class than mine. Get you a M6 LS1 with bolt ons and we will talk. Lets try to keep it green apples to red apples, not green apples to pumpkins.

I went 7.8 with full exhaust, lid, tune, and street tires. Thru an automatic....does that count?

Oh I know man. Just stirring the pot a little, lol. Although I would love to catch his *** at the track one day!
Its not like I hide when I'm going to the track. So catch me.
Old 05-11-2013 | 12:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

His mods were already listed....I'm not mad. And yes I like acceleration after the first 60'.

I had no idea people actually raced cars for only 60'.
Would you say Notch's car accelerates after the 60'?
Old 05-11-2013 | 12:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Slower than you? You've gone low 12s and trapped over 114? Stalled auto? Na man, I went 12.22 at 114 on the OEM converter with a 1.97 short time, on street tires. And if I'm not mistaken, we are damn close in mods and you require slicks...

When and where are you going again?

Quick Reply: Mach at the track