Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Mach at the track

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2013 | 03:18 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by topendrunner
it means only internal mod. my car is cam only. bottom,heads,intake are stock
yes but as most of us in the know...know... you wont pull the heads on a z and not do something to them. If you put the stock heads back on with the factory valve guides in place, you are an idiot.
Old 05-18-2013 | 03:21 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
yes but as most of us in the know...know... you wont pull the heads on a z and not do something to them. If you put the stock heads back on with the factory valve guides in place, you are an idiot.
Not jumping on sides but you do not have to pull heads on cam only setup
Old 05-18-2013 | 03:22 PM
On The Tree

yeah man i like all fast ****. its just the real deal on my experiences. if a coyote drags the **** out of a ta I will say just that. same goes the other way. thats why heater dont like me. lol. i dont sugarcoat ot to save face for any kind of car.

btw we are putting a coyote in a coupe right now. its gonna be nasty!
Old 05-18-2013 | 03:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ds98formula
this and lawl
Old 05-18-2013 | 03:25 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Guitar
Oh really? Because he raped another one too. Even worse. So either you're all shitty drivers, or....maybe the Vette has the advantage?
There is no sense in continuing to debate it. The difference between me and you is I own one of the cars being debated about, and can back up what I say. Go get a Z06 and then we can run them. My current horsepower level makes me slightly quicker than a stock Z. So if anyone in the area knows someone with a still stock full weight Z06 that we can get a video run going, let me know. Dont try sneaking in a 'cam only' one either... at least wait until I throw my new charger on da motah.
Old 05-18-2013 | 03:27 PM
On The Tree

off topic but last night i was in hickory and i rollup on my little brother. white fox lx hatch. he is trying to talk to me but i cant hear him. so we take off from the light and he gets behind me. my tag kinda gives away what it is if you are not retarded. ha. then he pulls back next to me. he asks if i have a e cam or a b cam cause it sounds good.completely serious too. LOL
Old 05-18-2013 | 03:30 PM
On The Tree

There is no sense in continuing to debate it. The difference between me and you is I own one of the cars being debated about, and can back up what I say. Go get a Z06 and then we can run them. My current horsepower level makes me slightly quicker than a stock Z. So if anyone in the area knows someone with a still stock full weight Z06 that we can get a video run going, let me know. Dont try sneaking in a 'cam only' one either... at least wait until I throw my new charger on da motah.
but you are not stock? so you think you are faster than a bone stock one so thats who u wanna run? hmm dont seem like u dont care if u win or lose. you should run the header intake one i was talking about. he is from hickory and loves to highway roll
Old 05-18-2013 | 03:32 PM
11 Second Club

What I am saying is who in their right mjnd would NOT PULL the stock heads and do the valves? That is the FIRST thing I would do i if I got a Z
Old 05-18-2013 | 03:38 PM
11 Second Club

but you are not stock? so you think you are faster than a bone stock one so thats who u wanna run? hmm dont seem like u dont care if u win or lose. you should run the header intake one i was talking about. he is from hickory and loves to highway roll
a stock z06 is fastrr than a stock pre 2013 Shelby. They only make 480 or so stock rwhp. only 40rwhp more than the stock z is not enough to overcome the weight deficit. and I will run the one i hickory.. I will lose in my current state if he is making any more than 460rwhp.. which he probably is. I will run him though.. knowing i will lose.. if he will agree to run me when I put my tvs on the car. . Set it up
Old 05-18-2013 | 03:57 PM
TECH Resident

What I am saying is who in their right mjnd would NOT PULL the stock heads and do the valves? That is the FIRST thing I would do i if I got a Z
Almost every cam only set up. Saves you a bunch of money
Old 05-18-2013 | 04:04 PM
Teching In

a stock z06 is fastrr than a stock pre 2013 Shelby. They only make 480 or so stock rwhp. only 40rwhp more than the stock z is not enough to overcome the weight deficit. and I will run the one i hickory.. I will lose in my current state if he is making any more than 460rwhp.. which he probably is. I will run him though.. knowing i will lose.. if he will agree to run me when I put my tvs on the car. . Set it up
I ran a stock Z06 in my '13 when I first got it. We were pretty much door to door until above 110ish where I pulled by about a car. Our stock 1/4 times were very close too.
Old 05-18-2013 | 04:06 PM
11 Second Club

Almost every cam only set up. Saves you a bunch of money
yes but with z cars dropping exhaust valves left and right, the valve job is almost mandatory. At least if you want to keeo the motor alive for long.
Old 05-18-2013 | 04:10 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Coupe Dave
I ran a stock Z06 in my '13 when I first got it. We were pretty much door to door until above 110ish where I pulled by about a car. Our stock 1/4 times were very close too.
Sounds like a good run. A stock 13 shoukd have a couple cars on a stock z in the triple digits. Weight is our enemy. With TVS and tb, exhaust etc I expect to be 700+ to the wheels. Friend of mine made 754rwhp on 93 octane in his 07 with a VMP TVS
Old 05-18-2013 | 04:15 PM
Teching In

Sounds like a good run. A stock 13 shoukd have a couple cars on a stock z in the triple digits. Weight is our enemy. With TVS and tb, exhaust etc I expect to be 700+ to the wheels. Friend of mine made 754rwhp on 93 octane in his 07 with a VMP TVS
Aerodynamics/Weight/Gearing make those cars a force to be reckoned with for sure. We both went to Sacramento Raceway Park and ran our cars the same night. I ran a 11.45@126 to his 11.59@125. He's a good driver.
Old 05-18-2013 | 04:25 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Coupe Dave
Aerodynamics/Weight/Gearing make those cars a force to be reckoned with for sure. We both went to Sacramento Raceway Park and ran our cars the same night. I ran a 11.45@126 to his 11.59@125. He's a good driver.
Looks like you both are. Considered trading for a 13, but I can get the power but not the little extras the 13 comes with... wasnt worth the trade loss on my 12. So I will justbthrow the goodies on this one.
Hope to make a 1/4 trip soon
Old 05-18-2013 | 04:30 PM
12 Second Club

Question

yes but with z cars dropping exhaust valves left and right, the valve job is almost mandatory. At least if you want to keeo the motor alive for long.
While that's true and I too would yank the heads as soon as I got one home the failure rate isn't high enough for everyone to do it nor do a lot of people know about the issue outside of these forum discussions (I could be wrong on that but I've met a lot of c6z owned IRL who have no idea what I'm talking about when I ask). I bet you find a much higher rate of cam only cars than expected.
Old 05-18-2013 | 04:31 PM
Banned

I ran a stock c6z last night from 45-125 he put about half a car or so on me. I make 530 so I only have about a 80whp advantage and it was a close race.
Old 05-18-2013 | 04:37 PM
Teching In

^^You have a vid of that run?
Old 05-18-2013 | 04:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, a stock car vs a non stock car, great comparison. You'd get raped cam only..and need a whole different blower to still get raped. That's sad.
Old 05-18-2013 | 04:58 PM
On The Tree

thats why heater dont like me. lol. i dont sugarcoat ot to save face for any kind of car.

There are reasons why I don't like you, but that's not one of them.

Quick Reply: Mach at the track