Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Mach at the track

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 12:58 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by NoHope
from everything I've read, SFC's are not worth it as far as speed goes on a car with less than 400WHP.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...ut-sfcs-6.html
Well that pretty much saves me time and money. Good info!!!

Glad I never did this now.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not only stiffening but the sfc for me also tie into the lower torque boxes and seat brace.

I would like to get a fixed back FX1 seat to save some weight. My damn stock one is like 60lbs!
Old 04-19-2013, 01:37 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Not only stiffening but the sfc for me also tie into the lower torque boxes and seat brace.

I would like to get a fixed back FX1 seat to save some weight. My damn stock one is like 60lbs!
But bro itll be a racecar then. Can't believe i had some beta phaggot on here tell me my car was a race car cause i wanted to get fixed back seats for my car. Stock seats in a mach are THAT heavy? ****.

BTW if your interested in lighter ones i know a company that makes some fixed back buckets for 12lbs a seat. The corbeau's are 20lbs each. Cheaper aswell, you could get the pair for the price of one FX1. Actually right now there having a sale for $400 they have a carbon fiber fixed back bucket. Thats a ******* steal.

Last edited by adamantium; 04-19-2013 at 02:07 PM.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by adamantium
But bro itll be a racecar then. Can't believe i had some beta phaggot on here tell me my car was a race car cause i wanted to get fixed back seats for my car. Stock seats in a mach are THAT heavy? ****.

BTW if your interested in lighter ones i know a company that makes some fixed back buckets for 12lbs a seat. The corbeau's are 20lbs each. Cheaper aswell, you could get the pair for the price of one FX1. Actually right now there having a sale for $400 they have a carbon fiber fixed back bucket. Thats a ******* steal.
I about **** myself when I pulled the seat the other weekend when installing the new quad.

What seats are you talking about? I don't think the Corbeaus are that heavy though.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:29 PM
Banned

I about **** myself when I pulled the seat the other weekend when installing the new quad.

What seats are you talking about? I don't think the Corbeaus are that heavy though.
F1spec.com They have like 5 or 6 different style of seats. They're replicas of discountinued recaro, spoon, hks, bride etc... and other companies designs. My favorite is the type 3, 4, and 5 and they got 1 year warranty. I know about them cause they're a sponsor on honda-tech.

Heres what the site for corbeaus says. Never been a fan of corbeaus. Theyre pretty tacky, imo.

Last edited by adamantium; 04-19-2013 at 02:47 PM.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hmmmm never heard of them. I wonder how strong they are. Plus I don't know how the bracket would work. I've had to make a bracket before and I did not enjoy. Plus my stock seatbelt bolts to the seat and not the car like in the -98 style.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:44 PM
Banned

Hmmmm never heard of them. I wonder how strong they are. Plus I don't know how the bracket would work. I've had to make a bracket before and I did not enjoy. Plus my stock seatbelt bolts to the seat and not the car like in the -98 style.
Yeah there well known in the honda community. Im almost positive they use the same supplier as NRG.

Ive called them before about weight and other things and they told me most of them are AROUND 12lbs, this is cause i asked them the weight difference between carbon fiber and fiberglass. Also all of there seats come with adjustable side brackets (i think thats what they are called?) That bolt up to the slider. Give them a call im sure they can tell you how strong they are. Also i think on ebay they have universal sliders too. What do you mean by the seatbelt? Couldn't really understand what you were saying.

Heres the type 3 seat i think its one of my favorites.

Old 04-19-2013, 02:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

My seatbelt is mounted to the seat (or maybe the bracket to the seat) so not sure how it would work. Now that I think about it I'm not sure at all why Ford went to that over the -98 version. I would think have the buckle mounted to the CAR would be safer/stronger than to the seat.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:55 PM
Banned

My seatbelt is mounted to the seat (or maybe the bracket to the seat) so not sure how it would work. Now that I think about it I'm not sure at all why Ford went to that over the -98 version. I would think have the buckle mounted to the CAR would be safer/stronger than to the seat.
Hmm i wouldn't know. Maybe you would have to source a different year style seat belt bracket? I forgot if my seat belt bracket is attached to the seat or the car. 48lbs off of just one seat is EPIC for the price your paying. Thats almost 100lbs off the car just by switching seats, if you do the pair. Sounds WELL worth the effort.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have them. Didnt really improve my 60s, but did help the car stay more consistent. Adds a little weight which sucks, but my T-tops still creek. But yea, not quite as much twisting. I say if you want to roll out harder than a low 1.7 60', then look into SFCs.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Also going to change out my MGW shifter for another one. Not sure when though.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Why is that? You dont like the MGW?
Old 04-19-2013, 03:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

It's not that I don't like it. I'm just going to something that I can have more options for the handle.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 429 Likes on 338 Posts

I can't speak for Fbodies but I can say that on Mustangs they make a difference as soon as you put them on. My 95 with full length sfc is so stiff that I can jack up one side of the car and the other side will come off the ground. Something that can't be done on a stock Mustang since the body will just flex.
Yes they will. I put threw the floor sub-frame connectors with the out riggers to the rockers in the notch. The body gap still changes when you lift it on a 2 post lift.
Hmm i wouldn't know. Maybe you would have to source a different year style seat belt bracket? I forgot if my seat belt bracket is attached to the seat or the car. 48lbs off of just one seat is EPIC for the price your paying. Thats almost 100lbs off the car just by switching seats, if you do the pair. Sounds WELL worth the effort.
Your seat belt mounts to the floor. Those seats you posted look like my carbon NRG ones.....except I paid about about $900/set shipped for them about a year ago.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by HioSSilver

Your seat belt mounts to the floor. Those seats you posted look like my carbon NRG ones.....except I paid about about $900/set shipped for them about a year ago.
Sweet wasn't too sure. What did you do about the seat rails and ****? im going to have to hit you up for pics or something thats def going to be the next thing after i pick up a light batter and ****.

Damn dude remember i messaged you about them?! That aint too bad thats probably about the same for those on sale right now there like 800 a set atm.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:41 PM
Teching In

From my experience SFC's are worthless on an F-body. The best thing you can do for a 4th gen suspensionwise is a good set of Shocks!
Old 04-19-2013, 05:59 PM
10 Second Club

Sweet wasn't too sure. What did you do about the seat rails and ****? im going to have to hit you up for pics or something thats def going to be the next thing after i pick up a light batter and ****.

Damn dude remember i messaged you about them?! That aint too bad thats probably about the same for those on sale right now there like 800 a set atm.
I used passenger side manual seat rails for both sides. You will have to modify them to fit the drivers side of course but only the rear mounts. I bolted the seat directly to the rail but you will need to space it up of the rail enough for the mechanism to work properly. I did not use the brackets that came with them.

Yea I remeber but I already had these seats. Hell I may have had them for a year and a half now....I can't remember. They've been in it a while. I have the pass. side up a little higher so my 4'10 fiance can see out.....lmao
Old 04-19-2013, 06:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

I used passenger side manual seat rails for both sides. You will have to modify them to fit the drivers side of course but only the rear mounts. I bolted the seat directly to the rail but you will need to space it up of the rail enough for the mechanism to work properly. I did not use the brackets that came with them.

Yea I remeber but I already had these seats. Hell I may have had them for a year and a half now....I can't remember. They've been in it a while. I have the pass. side up a little higher so my 4'10 fiance can see out.....lmao
So you daily drive in fixed back seats, have a faceplated trans, a 5" clutch, crate motor, and drag tires...but your car is less than a race car over my car.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:15 PM
10 Second Club

So you daily drive in fixed back seats, have a faceplated trans, a 5" clutch, crate motor, and drag tires...but your car is less than a race car over my car.
What's the big deal about fixed back seats??? I positioned them where I like them and they are more comfy than the stockers. Do you ride up and down the street adjusting your seat back constantly??? Probably not.....I set mine where I like it and leave it alone.

Like I said before none of my mods stop my car from doing anything......but a set of slicks sure as hell would. You know nothing about my how my t56 drives and you know nothing about how my clutch works. I almost never run the drag tires and they are fine in the rain......unlike your slicks. With that said your point was what?
Old 04-19-2013, 06:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

What's the big deal about fixed back seats??? I positioned them where I like them and they are more comfy than the stockers. Do you ride up and down the street adjusting your seat back constantly??? Probably not.....I set mine where I like it and leave it alone.

Like I said before none of my mods stop my car from doing anything......but a set of slicks sure as hell would. You know nothing about my how my t56 drives and you know nothing about how my clutch works. I almost never run the drag tires and they are fine in the rain......unlike your slicks. With that said your point was what?
My point? My point is this...

faceplated T56....stock transmission
5" racing clutch....stock clutch
crate motor......stock motor
drag radials.....slicks
fixed back racing seats...stock leather
aero mods to make faster...stock
"creative" weight reduction...stock other than removed sway bar
higher lift RRs.....stock
aftermarket intake.....stock
headers.....stock
bigger throttle body....stock