Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by willizm
550whp NA out of a 5.0 isn't shabby.
not at all... id kill for that power... but i like my stock idle with tivct lol
Old 04-23-2013, 11:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
Keep making excuses for why the GM product makes more power. You can say my car has more displacement, then I'll argue "well, your car has four cams and four valves per cylinder!".

Also, Fwiw an LS3 and 5.0 will make in the same area for power with the same blower/psi.

What would be more interesting is seeing how a built N/A 5.0 would stack up to a similarly modded N/A LS3. My $ on the LS3.
Not making excuses... just mentioned that because the discussion was about same discplacement, boost etc. and comparable power output.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by evangto87
it weighs 3200lbs... and i still havent seen a bolt on ls3 match my power on my dyno. Highest fifth gen full exhaust, air intake, tune, ive seen is 395. I know the vettes dyno a bit more... but not THAT much more.
Quick search.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/gen-5-cam...3-h-c-ls1.html

The car made a consistent 426-428rwhp/408rwtq when hot after consecutive pulls.

My car made 415/398 baseline before the tune (with all mods of coarse). thought I would throw that in.

Car did very good. Best pull was 435rwhp and 418rwtq. From another thread by same poster
---------
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...-454-rwhp.html

Has a meth kit though...and I guess higher octane from reading a bit further down (91 plus some additive).
Old 04-23-2013, 11:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

What the fak are ya'll arguing about now?

I bet that a Ford 6.2L Boss with a Whipple 3.9 and nitrous could make more power than a LSq GM with a Whipple 4.1 and a snow meth kit.

Who the **** cares?
Old 04-23-2013, 11:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Guitar
Quick search.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/gen-5-cam...3-h-c-ls1.html

---------
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...-454-rwhp.html

Has a meth kit though...and I guess higher octane from reading a bit further down (91 plus some additive).
You should be worrying more about getting your car out of the 13's

Here read this instead of Corvetteworld. http://www.summitracing.com/

Cause if you don't in a few months, I'mma chop them doors off.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Heater
It's not a Boss engine is it, it's just a forged Coyote motor???

Boss engine would make more than a Coyote.

Boss engine. I have the link but for some reason my phone won't paste it right now.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...boss-sema.html

that is the boss 6.2. its available in the raptor and makes 500hp all motor and stock.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:36 AM
10 Second Club

Received 450 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
My friends 01 Z06 made 572rwhp with bolt ons and A&A kit V3-Si (10psi). I know of a few 02+ guys that broke 600rwhp with that kit though I don't remember specifics on their builds.
Originally Posted by Quickshift_C5
WTF is going on in here?

Some random facts:

1. LS6 motor can easily make 800rwhp with 16-18lbs of boost, if you have the right supercharger.

2. People have made 740+rwhp on the stock LS6 short block and it has lasted for years. Some have had theirs blow up at 500rwhp in months. It's all a gamble and based on how they drive it and the tuner (BIG factor).

3. You could say size the blower to the motor, but sizing it for your power goals is a better idea. Its about efficiency. What's the sense in over spinning a little Vortech Si-Trim with a ridiculous 18lbs of boost when you could run a big YSi at much lower boost for the same power?
There has been several make over 600 at less boost than Heaters.
Originally Posted by Cammed 02
2.3L is plenty efficient for an LS1/6. Fyi the mighty LS9 378ci in the ZR1 uses a (Eaton) 2.3L, the LSA even smaller 1.9L blower. Stick to things you actually know about.
I was ask you ....

Do you think GM would've used the same blower if they had intended it to run at the boost levels of the 13 GT500?
I suggest you go back and re-read!

The debate isn't about if the LS6 can make 800whp with 16-18#, but wether can it do it with a 2.3L blower and stock long block. The answer is No.
I never said the same blower......I don't care about that. Read above
Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Same displacement, same compression, same boost, the mod motor will make more power.
Old modular no....new 5.0/5.8 maybe a bit more. After the updated LT1 comes out to match or exceed the updated modulars and your back to sucking hind tit.
A few things to consider though. The 6.2L LSA uses the 1.9L blower at 9lbs, GT500 the larger 2.3 Eaton @ a whopping 15lbs. Huge difference.
This......now your gettin warm
ZR1 is only pushing 9.5lbs of boost compared to 15 for the GT500. lol
DING ...DING....DING...DING looks like we may have a winner.
I can say my 5.0 modular forged motor would make near 700whp on 10 psi through a novi 2200. Thats with the boss intake. Prob hit 700 with the cobra jet. My motor is also 11:1 and makes a good bit of power without boost. With the exception of the ls7... i dont think any stock longblock would make that power on 10lbs. Unless its turbo...but i too would make more with a turbo setup.
No one cares about your boss in every thread. Maybe we'll get a chance to get together so I can smoke that thing for ya.
Originally Posted by Theblacknightls1
If that's the case zr1 would be easily over 650whp with the same amount of boost as the gt500
Winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The problem is it would need a larger blower to stay in it's efficiency zone then because it would be well over 700hp. I'll go back to this question.....Do you think GM would've used the same blower if they had intended it to run at the boost levels of the 13 GT500?

With said it would probably need a bigger blower.....probably a 2.6 because it will be moving more air.

Just as the 4.6 vs ls6 originally got all blowed up on here. So now it's either Heater's blower is to big and not operating in it's efficiency zone or the ls6 will make the same or more power on less boost....But at the same boost levels it would and should require a larger blower.

To all who bashed be in this thread.......I'll take your apologies now.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:41 AM
On The Tree

The downfall of that motor is how big and heavy it is, the upside from what I remember is it is based on a 4.5" bore centers.

If Ford wanted to get serious with that engine, it could be a serious piece. Roush took one and played with it and got 427 c.I out of it and 700 HP. They named it the 777, for 7 liters-700 HP at 7000 rpms
Roush put it in Don Bowles NMRA car and it ran low 9's on motor.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:43 AM
On The Tree

Whatever Hio is smoking is some really bad ****
Old 04-24-2013, 08:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
You should be worrying more about getting your car out of the 13's

Here read this instead of Corvetteworld. http://www.summitracing.com/

Cause if you don't in a few months, I'mma chop them doors off.
The street doesn't have timeslips. I'll use your tears as VHT.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:46 AM
10 Second Club

Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts

hio ftw!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-24-2013, 08:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

The street doesn't have timeslips. I'll use your tears as VHT.
You don't want to line up with me at the track where its legal?
Old 04-24-2013, 09:03 AM
On The Tree

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
There has been several make over 600 at less boost than Heaters.

I was ask you ....

Do you think GM would've used the same blower if they had intended it to run at the boost levels of the 13 GT500?

I never said the same blower......I don't care about that. Read above

Old modular no....new 5.0/5.8 maybe a bit more. After the updated LT1 comes out to match or exceed the updated modulars and your back to sucking hind tit.

This......now your gettin warm

DING ...DING....DING...DING looks like we may have a winner.

No one cares about your boss in every thread. Maybe we'll get a chance to get together so I can smoke that thing for ya.

Winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The problem is it would need a larger blower to stay in it's efficiency zone then because it would be well over 700hp. I'll go back to this question.....Do you think GM would've used the same blower if they had intended it to run at the boost levels of the 13 GT500?

With said it would probably need a bigger blower.....probably a 2.6 because it will be moving more air.

Just as the 4.6 vs ls6 originally got all blowed up on here. So now it's either Heater's blower is to big and not operating in it's efficiency zone or the ls6 will make the same or more power on less boost....But at the same boost levels it would and should require a larger blower.

To all who bashed be in this thread.......I'll take your apologies now.

So you are saying that a larger displacement engine, with a larger blower will make more power than a smaller displacement engine with a smaller blower?... Thank you captain obvious.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
You don't want to line up with me at the track where its legal?
I told you I'd give you both so you can feel better about yourself before or after you get molly whopped on the street.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

I told you I'd give you both so you can feel better about yourself before or after you get molly whopped on the street.
Oh ok, just making sure.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Old 04-24-2013, 09:53 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HioSSilver

You DO understand that GM is BEHIND the curve right? The new LT1 coming out I am sure will be trumped by what Ford will be releasing in 15'
Old 04-24-2013, 10:15 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there arent any aftermarket casting yet... but you can get cams of many choice. 550whp would be possible on a boss bottom end with use of JPC stage 3 top end kit and a cobra jet intake.
Yeah I for once would like to see one that's not a shop car duplicate those numbers. The Coyote has been out for 3 years now and only a couple tuner shops have accomplished numbers like that, compared to various cam-only LS3's in the high 400's to 500 mark and multiple 550+ LS3 strokers that were around within a few years after the LS3's introduction - privately owned cars. I think the LS3 dominates in that category.

Originally Posted by big hammer
hio ftw!!!!!!!!!!
Or rather, FTL!

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
You DO understand that GM is BEHIND the curve right? The new LT1 coming out I am sure will be trumped by what Ford will be releasing in 15'
I dont know about that. Whatever motor GM has planned for the upcoming Z06 and ZR1 should be more than enough to match what Ford puts out.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
Yeah I for once would like to see one that's not a shop car duplicate those numbers. The Coyote has been out for 3 years now and only a couple tuner shops have accomplished numbers like that, compared to various cam-only LS3's in the high 400's to 500 mark and multiple 550+ LS3 strokers that were around within a few years after the LS3's introduction - privately owned cars. I think the LS3 dominates in that category.

Or rather, FTL!

I dont know about that. Whatever motor GM has planned for the upcoming Z06 and ZR1 should be more than enough to match what Ford puts out.
only a few have made those numbers because only a few actually spent the money to go H/C on a mod motor. Theres no doubt its more expensive to do then an LS top end... but the number they produce are by no means hard numbers to come by if you spend the money buying the parts. Maybe one day ill crack and do it. But for now im more about maxing out the stock heads/cams.

Quick Reply: Mach at the track