Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Bolt on 5.0, beats 4th gen 427 stroker camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 12:13 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Actually on a dyno like you like it would go over 430whp........so yea in could get near 500 from just a cam swap.

I bet my bolt-on ls7 will make over 500whp. Maybe even close to 520. Cam only ls7 @ 600whp?????......It could happen...........and it could happen with a gm cam.
Meh you don't know what the car would make SAE on a dj unless you actually put it on the rollers.

So 600 sae in a true cam only c6z on 93? Yea good luck with that.

btw dyno like you like? Is that a knock on a dj? lol
Old 03-02-2014, 12:24 AM
10 Second Club

Received 434 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by It'llrun
Didn't the LS also have an X-bar brace where the seat would've been? Part of a roll cage, I mean.

You'd be hard-pressed to run a 96 SS to anything like a 13.6 unless the track headed downhill.
Twist **** much?? he said high 13's
If you think so...

Won't the GT be just a GT? The 1LE is "just an SS" that performs as people expected the SS to perform in standard trim. It SMASHES the SS basically everywhere in the world, so while it is still an SS, it's a much better version.
I know you're not talking about the current car.
I suppose I'll wait for it..

You don't even know WHAT they made, let alone how capable they are. I happen to have an N/A Ford again and have no trouble telling you, you're completely incapable of building an engine to compete against it, period. Yeah, I know, you have a friend... blah blah... Pay his *** and call me when it puts 500+ to the wheels. Mine already did it... 12yrs ago.
It can be done when you take the furd out of the ford. You and others have proved that.
You drive "threw" water... WTF??? Tell them to stop throwing it, ya moron!
I'm talking about having to drive through water that reaches the body IN ROUTE the starting line, not just getting to the track..
You got me there.....I fucked up. .....not that I really care.

You wouldn't understand anyway, but the reason it wouldn't hook up was fully explained... I also said I plan to go to a decent track and see what happens when I actually control the shifts, etc. How's YOUR daily driver run on the 1/4 mile??? Does it also get 30mpg on the highway? It's hardly worth discussion. Bottom line here... You can't afford what I bought, so you'll make like the kid at the playground and point out what might... pffft... Meanwhile, your DD is a 15yr old pile of **** made overseas that you don't dare race for fear it will fall apart on the track, not to mention the embarrassment of a 19 second ET and the fact your wife will be mad.
I know.....it's hard hooking up a 16sec ride. When I ran my stock 2500hd it spun through the 1/8.....ran a 16.1 @ 86 mph. It was all I could do to keep it on the track.

My daily runs 11.0@ 131 at the track. It has got a best of 29.1 mpg on the highway and routinely does better than 27mpg on the highway. ooohhhh.....and it was not made "overseas"

He's saying that if you use L98 heads on a 305, which is a JOKE from the word go, but he don't know that! 305's were basically TRASH and there's NO POSSIBLE WAY to make them run like a Ford 302 or Chevy 350. It simply CANNOT be done, given the same vehicle at the same weight, gearing, etc. The 305 is totally inferior and GM did not design it with anything to do with racing in mind.

Wait! I just saw his response... Okay, whatever he was saying is pointless.
That's a solid start!

Of course you would... Because you DON'T KNOW JACK ABOUT BUILDING ENGINES!

It amazes me... You might be the only LS nut hugger on earth to say he would expect his N/A LS6 a near 85whp advantage from ONLY A CAM SWAP!

Whatever you're taking... pass it around...

Oh.. You didn't know the L98 wasn't a 305 either? Well, whatever... Those heads on a 305 would ruin it, period.

While both may be "junk" by standards today, the 302 would annihilate the 305, period. It wasn't close, somewhat close, moderately close, maybe close, perhaps from down the street close... NOPE... It was UTTER ANNIHILATION!
Personally I was never that impressed with a 302 and I see know reason why a 305 can not run with a 302.......and none of you offer a reason why it can't. All you offer is more rhetoric.

BTW......where did I say 85hp from a cam swap????? Twist **** much?
Old 03-02-2014, 12:34 AM
Banned

Hio i never said a thing about the idle. (Hate to say this) The ford guys are right on this one bud, just seriously ask your self how many LS1 346ci cars have 500+rwhp? Also do not say ls6 this and that. The LS6 engine is different from the LS1 yes they both have the same cubic inches but honestly that is where the similarities end. The LS6 is a superior engine over the LS1.

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...k_engines.html
Old 03-02-2014, 01:01 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by automach1
Meh you don't know what the car would make SAE on a dj unless you actually put it on the rollers.

Last time on a dyno jet I made 413whp. The car has picked up 18whp since then......you do the math.

I do have a 9" now so it could have used a few hp IDK.....I probably won't know either as this engine will probably not be dyno'd again.

Sure on pump 93........Like I said gm says their cam is worth 90 hp. It is not uncommon for a ls7 to go over 500whp with bolt-ons. Again.....do the math.
Can you add?

Yea that was a knock on a DJ........they are not very good dyno's. Great for bigger #'s but not so great for tuning. They are better than nothing though.

Originally Posted by "MAC"
Hio i never said a thing about the idle. (Hate to say this) The ford guys are right on this one bud, just seriously ask your self how many LS1 346ci cars have 500+rwhp? Also do not say ls6 this and that. The LS6 engine is different from the LS1 yes they both have the same cubic inches but honestly that is where the similarities end. The LS6 is a superior engine over the LS1.

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...k_engines.html
You said something about drivability did you not? Where are the ford guys right? I cannot help how many 346 cars have or have not reached 500whp. I have a ls6....that is the engine I am speaking of. The hp #'s I gave for a cam is easily within the realm.....same goes for the head hp #'s. Neither are a stretch.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:30 AM
10 Second Club

600+whp cam only ls7

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ns-needed.html
Old 03-02-2014, 01:49 AM
Banned

Last time on a dyno jet I made 413whp. The car has picked up 18whp since then......you do the math.

I do have a 9" now so it could have used a few hp IDK.....I probably won't know either as this engine will probably not be dyno'd again.

Sure on pump 93........Like I said gm says their cam is worth 90 hp. It is not uncommon for a ls7 to go over 500whp with bolt-ons. Again.....do the math.
Can you add?

Yea that was a knock on a DJ........they are not very good dyno's. Great for bigger #'s but not so great for tuning. They are better than nothing though.

You said something about drivability did you not? Where are the ford guys right? I cannot help how many 346 cars have or have not reached 500whp. I have a ls6....that is the engine I am speaking of. The hp #'s I gave for a cam is easily within the realm.....same goes for the head hp #'s. Neither are a stretch.

Then post the 413sae dj graph and tell me what you changed. Then I can believe it

As far as a dj is concerned it is the best dyno to get accurate numbers to compare numbers across the country imo as well as many others. Mustang dynos etc.. can be easily manipulated. Some read real low, some read real high.

Wow I just read 4 pages of bs and not one car made 600+ sae on a dj
Old 03-02-2014, 02:25 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LASTOFTHEBREED02T/A
No it didn't... 5.bros are nearly impossible to beat, that's all. He's probably running on a nitrous set up NA. We know how those **** cars run. Right evan?
Pssshhhhhh lol I slaughtered one the other day and I don't have much done
Old 03-02-2014, 06:07 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well if others can talk hypothetical so can IBesides the #'s I said are well documented on this site. No twist involved at all.
That's something id expect a 5 year old child to say .... You set these fake Internet rules and everyone but you has to follow them.... That's called being a hypocrite , twisting ****
Old 03-02-2014, 07:29 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol, looks like last night was weekly cry about what hio says. Wtf do you ford guys care what he says anyway? Does it hurt that deep.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:12 AM
10 Second Club

Then post the 413sae dj graph and tell me what you changed. Then I can believe it

As far as a dj is concerned it is the best dyno to get accurate numbers to compare numbers across the country imo as well as many others. Mustang dynos etc.. can be easily manipulated. Some read real low, some read real high.

Wow I just read 4 pages of bs and not one car made 600+ sae on a dj
I've already stated what I have changed......hell I bet one of your furd daddies can recite it for me.

LOL......DJ suck for tuning. I can see you liking inflated #'s though.
Originally Posted by Lawhead
That's something id expect a 5 year old child to say .... You set these fake Internet rules and everyone but you has to follow them.... That's called being a hypocrite , twisting ****
Just conversatin dude. If your gonna talk **** about how great your furd is then it should be all Ford.
Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
Lol, looks like last night was weekly cry about what hio says. Wtf do you ford guys care what he says anyway? Does it hurt that deep.
I go deep in them.........very deep

Last edited by HioSSilver; 03-02-2014 at 09:18 AM.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:31 AM
ASSuming On The Tree

It's still funny that autofag can't even run what you ran, despite having 200rwhp more.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:33 AM
10 Second Club

I've already stated what I have changed......hell I bet one of your furd daddies can recite it for me.

LOL......DJ suck for tuning. I can see you liking inflated #'s though.

Just conversatin dude. If your gonna talk **** about how great your furd is then it should be all Ford.

I go deep in them.........very deep
Weird considering how much of your car isn't GM anymore......
Old 03-02-2014, 10:22 AM
10 Second Club

Everything in the engine is gm except the rockers and valve springs now.

BTW that dyno is pre rockers pre valve springs........sucks to eat crow I bet.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:28 AM
Teching In

Figure just a bit better and you may see any number of times I've reiterated... I'm not comparing. You are indeed a hypocrite. I wish you'd stop. EVERY SINGLE time we do this, you get beat down like a hooker on 33rd st who turned down a date right in front of her pimp!

I see someone is familiar with the finer areas of Orlando! Lol.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:40 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Gt4urass
Figure just a bit better and you may see any number of times I've reiterated... I'm not comparing. You are indeed a hypocrite. I wish you'd stop. EVERY SINGLE time we do this, you get beat down like a hooker on 33rd st who turned down a date right in front of her pimp!

I see someone is familiar with the finer areas of Orlando! Lol.
Where did I get beat down??? I have a car with 200+whp deficit to these guys and running similar et/mph while still leaving on a 10bolt being n/a with just a bolt-on engine and leaving on a very streetable dr. Not to shabby IMO. All along none of them are n/a or even have a stock blower. Then after all their preaching they don't even build their sbf **** with ford parts when they were yakkin about their combo's. Proof is in the pudding bud.

But got the beat down????? Yea right.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:43 AM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Where did I get beat down??? I have a car with 200+whp deficit to these guys and running similar et/mph while still leaving on a 10bolt being n/a with just a bolt-on engine and leaving on a very streetable dr. Not to shabby IMO. All along none of them are n/a or even have a stock blower. Then after all their preaching they don't even build their sbf **** with ford parts when they were yakkin about their combo's. Proof is in the pudding bud.

But got the beat down????? Yea right.

they're like liberals who yell "RACIST" to win an argument, then run away.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:56 AM
10 Second Club

Everything in the engine is gm except the rockers and valve springs now.

BTW that dyno is pre rockers pre valve springs........sucks to eat crow I bet.
Fast makes GM intakes now?
Old 03-02-2014, 10:57 AM
Staging Lane

What the hell is this thread about again ?
Old 03-02-2014, 10:57 AM
ASSuming On The Tree

5.0 über alles.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:03 AM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

feminine.0

Quick Reply: Bolt on 5.0, beats 4th gen 427 stroker camaro SS